Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 4th sleeve here with pre-op testing today!

Today is my pre-op appointment with my surgeon, immediately followed by pre-op testing. This is getting real! I'm so excited. My surgery is this Thursday!

As everyone here is probably sure of, the best thing is hearing an approval from insurance, but once you're within that 5 day threshold, it becomes so real that so many emotions come up. For me, this is something I have waited to hear for a long time. I recovered from Sepsis Tachycardia in June and since then, my health has not been the best. I was told if I didn't change my eating habits, and the way I stay active, I won't make it to see my daughter grow up. After 2 months of recovery, I looked into surgery and it has been the best decision I have ever made. Investing time into seeing doctors and following my health has inspired me so much to change that after surgery is done, I am going back to school to finish nursing. :778_heartbeat:

The things on my mind as of now: the thought of being put under for a few hours, recovery and complications, and adjusting to my new stomach (obviously).

I've heard from many on the forums that after surgery, some have experienced a complete removal of cravings because of the part of the stomach that is removed. I'm hoping to not have many complications after surgery. My entire life, I've always been a 2 percent person. Meaning, if something can go wrong, when the doctors say "there's only 2% of people who get this", I have ended up being that person 4/5 times. Knocking on wood and hoping for the best!!!! (Sorry for the excess rambling, I think I'm just nervous and excited all at once)

Anyone else being sleeved May 4th?

Today is my pre-op appointment with my surgeon, immediately followed by pre-op testing. This is getting real! I'm so excited. My surgery is this Thursday!
As everyone here is probably sure of, the best thing is hearing an approval from insurance, but once you're within that 5 day threshold, it becomes so real that so many emotions come up. For me, this is something I have waited to hear for a long time. I recovered from Sepsis Tachycardia in June and since then, my health has not been the best. I was told if I didn't change my eating habits, and the way I stay active, I won't make it to see my daughter grow up. After 2 months of recovery, I looked into surgery and it has been the best decision I have ever made. Investing time into seeing doctors and following my health has inspired me so much to change that after surgery is done, I am going back to school to finish nursing. :778_heartbeat:
The things on my mind as of now: the thought of being put under for a few hours, recovery and complications, and adjusting to my new stomach (obviously).
I've heard from many on the forums that after surgery, some have experienced a complete removal of cravings because of the part of the stomach that is removed. I'm hoping to not have many complications after surgery. My entire life, I've always been a 2 percent person. Meaning, if something can go wrong, when the doctors say "there's only 2% of people who get this", I have ended up being that person 4/5 times. Knocking on wood and hoping for the best!!!! (Sorry for the excess rambling, I think I'm just nervous and excited all at once)
Anyone else being sleeved May 4th?

May 22 here but I'll be following your progress. Best of luck

May 22 here but I'll be following your progress. Best of luck

I had my Loop Duodenal Switch surgery on May 18. It's been a great journey so far. Your right the Ghrelin Hormone is the one that tells you that your hungry & that is removed, and for me, I'm having a tough time remembering to eat 3 meals a day. I'm on purée foods & it's good so far, except eating enough. Hang in there, and GOOD LUCK on your surgery, I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Happy sleeve day!