Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desk snacks/your favorite no-fridge foods

Hi everyone!

I work a desk job and I've been thinking of starting a little stockpile of sleeve-friendly Snacks for days where I don't have time to prepare a lunch so I can avoid the cafeteria. Anyone got any drawer-friendly suggestions?

So far my list is just Quest bars--I avoid nuts because I always go overboard with them lol

Parmesan Crisps, Avocado, Almonds, Pork rinds, Pickles are just a few. I eat 3 meals and one snack a day and this seems to work the Best for me.

I have become a huge fan of the flavored tuna packs from Starkist, or generic ones from local grocery stores. They have a sweet & spicy, ranch, and lemon pepper one. A pack is only 80 calories, around 4g carbs, and 15g of Protein. Yes you can more bang for your buck buying a can over the single serving packs, but to me it's worth a few cents more to have a handy & healthy food ready.

I also like to keep a small tin of almonds around, but I tend to graze on those too much...lol. Have always been nuts for nuts.

StarKist-236x325_Creation_LemonPepper.png

Edited by orionburn

I pack an insulated lunch bag with food for when I go to work. I usually include: berries, 1 hard boiled egg, a package of budding lunch meat, sliced veggies with hummus (I like tomatoes, cucumbers, and kalamata olives, plus a little drizzle of olive oil over the hummus), and a sugar-free pudding. I have a Protein Shake and a banana for Breakfast. I'll eat the egg and berries for mid-morning, lunch meat and veggies for mid-afternoon, and pudding for late afternoon. If I'm still hungry when I get home I snack on a quarter cup of nuts while I prepare dinner.

Other suggestions: avocado, canned tuna (though the pouches probably taste better!), beef sticks, and string cheese. Apple slices and nut-butter are good. Celery with cream cheese. All kinds of good stuff out there!

Oscar Meyer P3 is what I plan on using when I do return to work. You should Google it.

I love those! Unfortunately I don't know if they would survive in the fridge at work though, snacky stuff tends to "disappear" :(

I have the 100 calorie Almond packs; Quest bars.

tuna packs are my go to as well - My grocery has them on sale quite often for 99 cents and the 99 cent store has them, well for 99 cents :). I tend to go with the non flavored and the low sodium so i can control the carbs and the flavor. I mix in some dill pickle relish from the fridge (no one tends to steal that)

Quest Protein chips. All of the flavors except Salt and Vinegar are nasty imo, though.

Quest Protein chips. All of the flavors except Salt and Vinegar are nasty imo, though.

I've never heard of those, they look really interesting... I'm assuming you've tried BBQ?? That seems to be the cheapest on Amazon but if it's gross I'll see if I can find salt & vin at a store lol

I like the cheddar sour cream flavor of the Quest Protein chips. The bbq are meh. Don't buy the sea salt....disgusting. The sour cream and onion are okay too. I haven't tried the salt and vinegar yet, they are at home though to try!

Individual Peanut Butter and a couple apple slices or banana or just a spoon is a go to snack for me on those days when I skip lunch or am feeling sluggish in the afternoon. Also Protein Bars, nuts of any sort and fresh veggies.

21 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Individual Peanut Butter and a couple apple slices or banana or just a spoon is a go to snack for me on those days when I skip lunch or am feeling sluggish in the afternoon. Also Protein Bars, nuts of any sort and fresh veggies.

What do you mean by individual Peanut Butter?

25 minutes ago, Redmaxx said:

What do you mean by individual Peanut Butter?

They have little individual cup servings of PB that I can keep in my desk or throw in my lunch bag if I'm on the go. I think Smuckers makes some, and Jif too maybe. I will do like half a serving of that an half a banana.

Gotcha. Thank you.