Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok peeps, I apologize in advance for whining about a stall but Im really stressing about it :(

Sleeved on 2/17/17, lost 34 lbs, Don't get me wrong Im beyond excited about it BUT I haven't lost a pound in 4 weeks. I know, you've heard it all before.

I just need to hear from anyone that it WILL pass!! Is there anything I can do? I feel like the weight loss stopped once I moved past the soft food phase. Should I go back to soft foods? Im still getting my Protein Drinks in and I could probably drink MORE Water, but is that enough? Am I being impatient? PLEASE tell me to shut up and simmer down :) But also that everything is gonna be ok!

I've seen a lot of people talk about stalling and I wondered if it would happen to me, well it did, I lost 28 the first two weeks and from week 3 to 4 I didn't lose anything so I made up my mind I wouldn't let it slow down so instead of walking 30 mins like I had been doing I kicked it up to an hour and by the next week I lost 2 more lbs. Now that I'm over a mnth out I just started weight training along with my walking.... im use it will slow down but I figure this is my opportunity to work harder for the body I've always wanted and actually reach my goal. Also I've notice even though the weight isn't dropping like the first two weeks my clothes fit different every week. Everyone is different but one thing is the same for each of us if you just keep going and don't look back you'll reach your goals. You got this!

I found this while reading articles about working out and another one about stalls in general. They both have some good information so I thought I'd share.

https://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/not-losing-weight-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

I really think it is different for everyone. Some have them, some don't. I work out really hard 4-5 times a week so thought the weight should be flying off - not. I was able to get out of my 3 1/2 week stall by eating more calories. My surgeon stated he wanted me to stay below 650 calories. I upped them to 850 and the weight started coming off again. I do though track EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth to make sure I am getting enough Protein, and not overdoing it on carbs, and have an accurate count of calories. I plan on dropping back down to 650 calories for a week and see what happens. I go for my 3 month check up in 2 weeks and will speak with the nutritionist then about calories from this point forward. Water also is a big key to success. I've started using Crystal Light Lemonade and can get down twice the amount of water I was drinking previously.

It will pass!

I stalled for about six weeks then dropped 5 pounds suddenly and kept losing. I know it's hard to believe but it will start going down again. Even people with very poor eating habits lose weight in the first year. If you are sticking to plan, it will start coming off again. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

@Melisa G

When people ask these questions, it would really help a lot of you posted a food log. No one can help you or offer you constructive advice without something solid to base it on.

I use the app LoseIT! To track all the foods I eat if anyone is interested and I count macros, basically pay attention to the amount of Protien, Carbs, and fats you're consuming each day. Here's some information about it. https://www.bodybuilding.com/amp-content/from-here-to-macros-4-steps-to-better-nutrition.html

Thank you everyone, patience is key and i cannot let myself get frustrated! Y'all are awesome :)

@DS1 Thank you for posting those articles about a stall. I am almost 2 weeks post surgery and have hit a stall already. I am a little frustrated. But after reading the article, I learned some useful information which will help me to overcome. I just want to be successful in this venture. I very thankful I found this group :D

Same here. I'm also in a stall at 2 weeks and at 1 month but I've noticed inches lost. A few weeks stall and a few weeks of inches. Reach out any time. Glad I could provide some useful info.

:)

Hey guys. I also reached a stall. I couldn't believe it cuz I've been doing so well. But I did contact the dietician and she told me to go up to 1000 calories a day and I did start losing again. Slowly but it's getting there. I'm staying under 25 carbs a day, under 15 grams of sugar, and meeting my Protein of 65 grams a day. I usually go over my protein but that's not a problem. The only problem is getting the 1,000 calories in. So I was given the option of adding butter, cream cheese and other dressings to my protein to add some calories in my day. Good luck to you all and don't give up. We've done too much to let this stall get to us. By the way I do workout daily.