Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who did NOT loose hair or much?

I know most if not all people loose hair or it thins badly? I was just wondering if by chance if some people didn't, if so did you do anything differently? Any additional routines or supplements?

I may not be far enough along yet, but I started losing some hair (I have real long hair), and it is coming out very slowly. This has been going on for about 3 weeks, and I am about 5-1/2 months post op.

Not losing much at all over the past 3 weeks, but I know for sure I am losing a little. Really happy about this so far.

From what I've read here though, Hair loss can continue for a few months, so hoping that it is just a little like it is now.

I haven't tried Biotin, but have read that others think that it helps (it is supposed to strengthen hair), and you could try that if you want to. Maybe some other people can let you know if it helped.

I always take my Vitamins (multi with Iron and calcium./D3).

To my knowledge, that's about all you can do.

Are you meeting your target for Protein intake? My NUT gave a super long explanation about the impact of too little protein,even for a relatively short time, on our hair. The short version-protein can't be substituted with supplements and has to come from food. If that for sure isn't the culprit, you could try a raw coconut oil mask. There's several recipes online with different essential oils that can be combined to strengthen, prevent loss, repair, etc (one good site is 'coconutmama'). Good luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 14 months post op, 61 years old and had been taking Biotin for many years before the sleeve. There were no clumps of hair that fell out for me. I didn't lose any more hair than was normal for me than before the surgery. I get in all my Protein and take all my Vitamins. So I guess I am the exception to your statement "I know most if not all people loose hair or it thins badly" Thank Goodness I am as I would hate to lose any more hair than is normal for my age.

I was super strict with Protein and lost a lot of hair . It never looked bad, just annoying. At 11 months, my hair has grown back in, which is actually more annoying to me ( the fly always). But rather have fly aways than no regrowth .

I am 68 years old and had RNY gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago and didn't see any Hair loss. I have been using a supplement called Juvenon which is available over the internet. I have been using this for over 10 years now and it seems to keep my hair from growing gray/white and it also it stopped my hair from naturally falling out due to old age, prior to surgery. The product does contain Biotin. But I suspect that the other ingredients also help.

I'm 30 years old and had the sleeve 5/29/16. I had no Hair loss that was different than usual and I have long hair. I didn't do anything special.

I worried alot about Hair loss when I first took this journey but I can say hitting 6 months on May 9th, I have not had any hair loss other than my usual shedding on occasion between styling. I do take my Vitamins and calcium chews faithfully so maybe that helps and the additional Protein may help since I did not follow a healthy diet in the past so maybe this body change is a help to me than a hinder...:D

I didn't lose any. Didn't do anything different other than to make sure I got all my Protein and Vitamin requirements in. You'll either lose it or you won't - I don't think there's a lot you can do about it. For most people, it's only noticeable to you, though - not to others. And it grows back.

I myself notice a difference in the shower with how much hair comes out. If I'm not getting my minimum recommended Protein I seem to have a handful of hair, however if I'm doing well with my protein it's not so bad. I really think it's our own genetics that determines the Hair loss.

I went through a shedding around 3 months but it wasn't much. Just enough that I didn't have to pay for 2hrs of thinning at the hair stylist anymore. My nut told me that in her experience the big hair losers usually were the ones not getting in their Protein so I made sure I kept up with it and sure enough, I was lucky enough not to lose a whole lot. Just the follicular die off that comes after any surgery.