Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since you've started your journey, what has been your favorite NSV (Non-Scale Victory)?

I am just starting my journey and a thread like this would be really encouraging at the moment. Surgery fear is starting to kick in, so I am trying to keep my mindset positive. For me, I can't wait to ditch the spandex underclothes & be able to run around the park with my kids & take them to the pool without hiding. Yesterday I realized how much time I spend every day tugging my clothes away from my body & sucking it in... I really can't wait to not worry about that all day anymore. It's hard to wrap my mind around how much different my life will be in a years time. It doesn't even seem possible!

I bought a dress and a pair of jeans both in a size 18, which I haven't been in prob 10 years. Before my surgery in March, I was a 24/26.

2 weeks ago- 2 weeks after surgery- I was visiting my first light house and wanted to climb to the top.... so I started and as I was going up the 222 steps, I could here a lady behind me wheezing, coughing, struggling to make each step- when I turned around to see how she was doing, I saw myself a month earlier and 25 pounds heavier- barely able to fit in the narrow stairwell, red faced and sweating profusely~this surgery is life changing in the most amazing ways and quickly... I probably would not have even tried to go up those steps... I went up all 222 without getting winded~ yes this was the right decision for me... everyday is something new that I couldn't or haven't been able to do in years- wore heels this week and it didn't hurt my knees.... it's the little things- keep a journal- it's an amazing journey!

Not being afraid I can't fit in a chair or it won't support me is the absolute favorite for me. I just enjoy being smaller more than I ever thought I would

TMI for those sensitive to racy topics... [emoji6]

Still preop but so far my favorite NSV happened yesterday while being intimate with my husband. My stomach wasn't squishing him in one position and I was able to be way more flexible in another. Also, there was air/space between "us" that has never been there in recent years.

A non racy NSV that I realized yesterday was that I was able to do 10 minutes of stairclimber workout without needing a break or being winded. It was so crazy amazing that I did it again at the end of my weight training!!

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 288

Pounds disowned to date: 40

TMI for those sensitive to racy topics... [emoji6]

Still preop but so far my favorite NSV happened yesterday while being intimate with my husband. My stomach wasn't squishing him in one position and I was able to be way more flexible in another. Also, there was air/space between "us" that has never been there in recent years.

A non racy NSV that I realized yesterday was that I was able to do 10 minutes of stairclimber workout without needing a break or being winded. It was so crazy amazing that I did it again at the end of my weight training!!

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 288

Pounds disowned to date: 40

So happy for you! I too am looking forward to racy weight loss dividends! Keep up the good work, the best is yet to come!

The obvious for me is not needing a seatbelt extender. That takes alot of fear from traveling

i also enjoy shopping for clothes In A STORE !

I started out at 251 and currently weigh 183. I love running up a flight of stairs without being winded. Also, I love crossing my legs.

There's so many ! I had surgery 1/30/16 down 56 pounds . Taking my kids to universal without worrying I won't fit in rides , being able to walk to parks for 3 days and my feet didn't hurt . Feel so much more comfortable and I'm only half way there !Best decision I ever made [emoji4]

I went from a 54 inch waste to a 38, that means shopping at normal stores with normal sizes!

This is me last week on the plane, I got so excited as I "got to" tighten my seat belt. I was so excited I kept it tight the entire flight.

IMG_2241.JPG