Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled, June 28th!!!!!!

I am sooo super stoked- I have only told a very select few that I have this up and coming. One of which was my boss, I was wondering if any of you have experienced questions from co workers or anything like that and how you approached it. I am not by any means hiding anything, I just want to wait until after the procedure is completed before I let the cat out of the bag so to speak. I am already super emotional, just because this has been a long process for me. (found a doctor I like a year ago and he was NOT COE approved-so I had to find another doctor) Any advice is welcome, I am just more or less trying to be positive and not let my worry overwhelm me. TIA :)

I have only told 4 of the ladies I work with and trust. I don't need any added pressure or expectations. I am doing the gastric sleeve because of my health. I'm tired of the medications and the pain from my RA, Fibromyalgia and neuropathy. I know this isn't going to miracously cure me. I know with less weight there is less pressure on my joints. Good Luck with your surgery.

Thank you, and I couldn't agree more. I just don't want any expectations or extra questions. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Wish you the best with your en devours! :780_sparkling_heart:

2 hours ago, Lexington1020 said:

I am sooo super stoked- I have only told a very select few that I have this up and coming. One of which was my boss, I was wondering if any of you have experienced questions from co workers or anything like that and how you approached it. I am not by any means hiding anything, I just want to wait until after the procedure is completed before I let the cat out of the bag so to speak. I am already super emotional, just because this has been a long process for me. (found a doctor I like a year ago and he was NOT COE approved-so I had to find another doctor) Any advice is welcome, I am just more or less trying to be positive and not let my worry overwhelm me. TIA :)

Be happy. The date itself will probably have you over the moon. We are all in your corner this site is awesome.

5 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Be happy. The date itself will probably have you over the moon. We are all in your corner this site is awesome.

Thank you, I love it! I am learning soo much! :)

I only bring up my surgery when people ask me about it. I went out to lunch with an acquaintance I volunteer with and she noticed I didn't eat much of my meal (I ordered a salad and frittata combo and only ate the hard boiled eggs, a few pieces of lettuce, and some Tomato and took the rest to go). I told her I had surgery and she was like "WOW, I wish I had something that would stop me from eating so much!" It made me uncomfortable because her weight problem is not nearly as severe as mine so I just kind of laughed it off and changed the subject.

I think it produces less speculation if you are just up front with the surgery rather than saying you're on a diet. People have questions about what you're eating and "aren't you starving yourself?" if you're sitting there nibbling on a carrot. But if you say it's because your stomach literally cannot handle more than the small amount in front of you they'll leave you alone :)

Good luck on your surgery! I bet you're excited!

2 minutes ago, needtorecover said:

I only bring up my surgery when people ask me about it. I went out to lunch with an acquaintance I volunteer with and she noticed I didn't eat much of my meal (I ordered a salad and frittata combo and only ate the hard boiled eggs, a few pieces of lettuce, and some Tomato and took the rest to go). I told her I had surgery and she was like "WOW, I wish I had something that would stop me from eating so much!" It made me uncomfortable because her weight problem is not nearly as severe as mine so I just kind of laughed it off and changed the subject.

I think it produces less speculation if you are just up front with the surgery rather than saying you're on a diet. People have questions about what you're eating and "aren't you starving yourself?" if you're sitting there nibbling on a carrot. But if you say it's because your stomach literally cannot handle more than the small amount in front of you they'll leave you alone :)

Good luck on your surgery! I bet you're excited!

I told my husband if we go out to eat I will only order off the kids meal- grilled chicken and a veggie. I totally get it about being uncomfortable about sharing that, especially being that the person you had lunch with had a smaller weight problem. (but each journey is different-I get it) Thank you for sharing that with me, I like to see all different approaches. You are correct I am beyond excited/nervous! <3

Congrats!!! I am in the first month of my 3-month pre-op and I've told everyone, far and wide, from family to friends to co-workers. Everyone has been just great! Totally supportive, asking appropriate questions, listening to my updates, etc. My co-workers weren't quite sure if my news was good news right away, but I assured them it is!

I am scheduled for June 5th for the DS (after they rescheduled my March surgery due to insurance issues) I have told very few about it I kinda want the surprise factor. Not that I am going to lie I just don't wanna hear all the negative remarks and waver my decision. "I WANT THIS FOR ME..... Not for you"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats!! It is so exciting. At work, I only have told my team. The others will just have to scratch their heads and watch me shrink. :) I have also only told my immediate family. My husband and I had our surgeries 4 days apart so we are on this journey together. (11 days post op for me)

On 6/2/2017 at 11:22 PM, Jean E. said:

Congrats!! It is so exciting. At work, I only have told my team. The others will just have to scratch their heads and watch me shrink. :) I have also only told my immediate family. My husband and I had our surgeries 4 days apart so we are on this journey together. (11 days post op for me)

Well that is super awesome you have someone to share the journey with! I hope you both are feeling well. Thank you for sharing :)