Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

worried about weight gain , hungry every 90 minutes seems

If your stomach is actually growling, then you may not be eating enough to be hungry every 1.5 hours. Or if you're working out, goes back to not eating enough. Could also be that you're just thirsty. Hard to say without details.

Focusing on dense Protein is key for me, as well as some fats. Then non-starchy veggies.

Avoiding sugar, flour, potatoes, rice, Pasta, breads & starchy veggies except for rare occasions also minimizes hunger for me.

I also, rarely have fruit, if I do, it's a small amount. The sugars cause cravings/hunger as well.

Maintenance has been trial & error to find what satisfies & keeps me full, it's a work in progress.

I also continue to leave a 1/2 hour before/after eating to consume calorie free liquids. This helps the food stay in your stomach longer.

But are you really hungry? Remember it is really hard to starve yourself and when I hear my kids say I'm hungry I just laugh at them because none of them are wracked with hunger pains. They just want to eat!

We are very close in our journey date wise and weight wise so I know how you feel. For me I still don't get hunger pains but I do get the desire to eat .. almost wanting to feel normal again so I have been snacking more but I wouldn't call it hunger.

I wonder if your starting to feel the stress about hitting your goal and wondering what you will need to focus on next. I have said to myself so many times in the last few months .. losing is easy .. how am I going to keep it off?!

Just remember were you were a year ago .. and focus on something else.. focus on something that doesn't have carbs =D I swear carbs makes me hungry.

Keep it together!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches