Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March sleevers hows everyone doing??

How long does it take you to eat three slices of turkey bacon? I can eat one slice of bacon and two bites of egg in one sitting. The uncomfortable feeling I get when I'm full turns me off from eating.

It takes me 30-40 minutes to eat.

Hmm.. Maybe I'm eating too fast. I just ate 2 whole eggs (over easy) in maybe 10 minutes, tops.

7 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

Hmm.. Maybe I'm eating too fast. I just ate 2 whole eggs (over easy) in maybe 10 minutes, tops.

Did it hurt? Lol sheesh I eat so fast, need to slow down but I always forget till it's to late.

I felt full for about 20 minutes but no pain.

I was sleeved on 3/6 and very pleased with my numbers so far. Had my first pizza tonight although it was very thin crust Hawaiian and I certainly counted every gram in my dairy. It just did not thrill me. I am not a Protein Shake person but did find I needed to eat a Protein Bar almost every day to get close to 65 grams. Hard to believe such a major life change can happen over 8 weeks.

I have such a hard time getting all my Water too! Its so hard to manage...everytime i remember i should drink its almost food time so i wait till after i eat then i forget etc...
As for the Protein surprisingly my dr doesnt want me to neither take shakes nor count my protein....he sais if i eat the right amounts of lean meat and follow the plan o should get enough protein....i never exceed 50g of protein i wonder if its normal...
On the other hand i feel great and im starting to feel my clothes getting bigger!

Hello all!
I was sleeved on March 11th im down only 22 lbs and been stalling for about 2 weeks now at195 lbs :$
My dr cleared me to exercice so ive been going to the gym 5 days a week for a half hour fast walk, some light weights and swimming 2-3 times a week...i feel im doing everything right but i see no results yet...
Hows everybody else doing?how much have u lost?r u exercising?how do u feel overall?

3/13 was my surgery date! Down about 31 pounds. I haven't been able to get liquids as recommended. I had allergy to dairy before op & I tried cheese stick and but of Cereal and milk & have experienced nausea which I haven't had up until now. Everything else is fine, I've been a bit tired & struggle to get in enough calories. I am starting to track calories now in hopes of getting in my liquids & protein!

The thinner me: its my understanding we need higher?amouts of protien to prevent muscle loss.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/28/2017 at 10:32 AM, The thinner me said:

Im wondering sthg...people who have stalls, do u still feel like u lost weight even tho the scale's not moving or u actually dont feel like uve lost any weight and once the scale starts moving again u start seing it?

I'm tracking my progress a variety of ways... weight, body fat percentage, measurement, pictures, and of course, how my clothes fit.

I was stuck at 215 for about a week (technically a stall is longer than that) , I started feeling a little frustrated, so I pulled out a pair of "too small pants" that had been too tight on the tummy... And they fit!! Progress!!!

Think about those NSV and all the little things. The other morning I got out of bed wearing a short nightie and noticed how much smaller my legs look. My rings are fitting looser. My bras need to be on the tightest hooks. I have big calfs and can't wear tall boots (not even my hubby barn boots) but today?? I was walking past them and though "maybe??" and low and behold, my leg slides in!

Celebrate every single little moment!

I am down 34 lbs and have been stuck at 198 for two weeks now. Keep telling myself it's no biggie but then I start to panic. I have been over 200 lbs the majority of my adult life so I keep having thoughts that this is the lowest weight I can get to.

The realistic part of me knows this isn't the case but the fat girl in me is laughing and telling me that I can't do it even with the help of surgery. The fat girl needs to get punched in the face. Twice. :lol:

I was sleeved March 23rd . I was 223 when I made my appointment , & lost 14 pounds during the pre-op. Since the surgery I lost 12 pounds , a little disappointing ...but I heard after 40 days things kick in!

I don't have many issues with food, & Protein ...everything taste the same as it used to, I usually eat a lot of steak, funny thing ..steak feels the best on my stomach. I find the fluids a little challenging every day, but I usually get them into me. No real pain since day 2. Things went well.

7 hours ago, shannybananny71 said:

I am down 34 lbs and have been stuck at 198 for two weeks now. Keep telling myself it's no biggie but then I start to panic. I have been over 200 lbs the majority of my adult life so I keep having thoughts that this is the lowest weight I can get to.

The realistic part of me knows this isn't the case but the fat girl in me is laughing and telling me that I can't do it even with the help of surgery. The fat girl needs to get punched in the face. Twice. :lol:

I feel the same way. I am also stuck at 198 and I feel as if this is it for me even though I am only 4 weeks post op. Its also the fat girl in me saying I cannot do it, but each day I continue to do what is required of me and I praise myself for making it this far!

My surgery was 3/28. I started at 257, was down to 238 from the pre op diet, and am at 222 today. I can't seem to get in enough Protein without drinking one shake a day. The rest of eating is going pretty well. There really hasn't been anything that has disagreed with me, I just can't get in enough volume to meet the protein requirements without the shake.

I haven't had any issues getting liquids in, and I'm trying to get more than the 64 oz. my doctor recommends because I keep reading people's posts talking about how much it helps to move the scale when you take in more Water. I've been stuck at 222 for a few days now, and I'd really like to see it go down!

I had surgery on 3/20 and am down about 37lbs total but have not lost any weight since 4/10! I feel slightly better seeing other comments about early stalls here. I haven't been tracking calories or actual total Protein. I REALLY hate tracking - as someone else mentioned, it's never worked for me in the past, but maybe it is a good idea now?

I will be upping my Water intake, so hopefully that will kick start things again.

Surgery 3/30. SW 265 PSW 251 current weight 234. I've only lost 5 lbs since my weigh in thee weeks ago, but the scales are moving again, and I keep feeling smaller. I'm into my skinniest pants without any strain, so I'm just keeping on.