Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeve march 27. I lost 18 lbs yay! Starting at week 3 through week 4 I have completely stalled, 0 weight loss in over a week. What is going on?! This is discouraging. I'm so scared this isn't going to work!

I've also been stalled for 2 weeks & I had my surgery March 23rd. I'm not worried though , it seems to happen to almost everyone at this stage. It'd be nice to drop a few, but I'm sure it'll come. I lost 14 pounds with the pre-op and 14 pounds 2 weeks post ...now nothing.

Edited by Please

I'm here to tell you this is TOTALLY NORMAL! :) Rest easy folks, this is the magic of the allusive Metabolism. Oh man can it get bitchy too! lol!

So I've lost almost 200 lbs in 4 years. There are lots of times you will be doing everything right, exercise, eating, Water, Protein, sleep, etc. yet you will hit a pause. I hate calling it a stall because that implies the engine has stopped. It hasn't at all. In fact, it's working so hard it's decided it wants to slow down cause the body doesn't like to drop weight that fast.

But here's the trick. Keep measuring yourself. And this is the fun part:

Measure your head -because your head will probably lose weight too. Mine has. Though if you ask those that know me they will guess it was brains I was losing and not fat. ahaha!!

Measure your neck, upper arms, forearms, wrists, breast, rib cage, waist, wides part of the butt, hips, thighs and calfs.

Cause the things is we are doing a lot to our bodies and it is changing in ways it's hard to see. So measure yourself and then do it again in 2 weeks and 2 weeks and 2 weeks and so one. You will see that even when your weight doesn't drop your size is still changing.

I went through 8 weeks of not losing one single pound but I dropped 3 clothes sizes.

Last month I walked 12-15K steps a day, stuck to the protocol and and only lost 4 lbs the entire month. This month I've been slammed at work and got sick so I was only doing 5K steps a day and no stairs as I had a lung cold. Guess who dropped almost 20 lbs this month? lol! Yup.

So don't use the scale as your only beacon showing you your progress. Measure yourself as well. Also, the more you can move the more you should move. That was the other tell for me. "Oh! I can walk 1 mile in 17 minutes? How far can I go in 30???" or "OMG I can squat down and work on the project and then get back up and feel great!! I'm gonna squat and stand to do things as many times as I can!! This is so fun!" lol! i just love moving my body and the more I can move it the more I want to move it. :)

It's ok, I know this is a scary thing and pauses or stalls can really derail you - if you allow them to. But the scale is not your full story or journey so don't let it be your only tool to measure your success.

12 hours ago, lucielu said:

I was sleeve march 27. I lost 18 lbs yay! Starting at week 3 through week 4 I have completely stalled, 0 weight loss in over a week. What is going on?! This is discouraging. I'm so scared this isn't going to work!

I was in the same boat. I completely stalled weeks 3 & 4 and was nervous that the surgery was not going to work for me. Then that little voice said "Increase your protein" so I did. I purchased the Premier Protein drinks (pre made).

Since I was still having a hard time eating I knew I could drink and my powder Protein was only 21g if I could consume to full drink. Premier is only 11 oz. I started off with 2 additional a day but I found when I only drank 1 additional per day my weight dropped 3 lbs in 2 days so I knew this was the right "formula" for me.

Sometimes your body will "stall" or rather adjust to the new lifestyle and that's ok. Your body experienced trauma having surgery. Relax.

Always remember, while this forum is a great source for support, everyone is different. You have to find what makes your body go. The key is always less carbs, more protein...how much more is up to you to determine what your body responds to. As you progress these amounts will change.

I found the Premier at Sam's Club for a 12 pack it cost me $16 (a 4 pk at other stores was anywhere from 7-8 bucks). (I am sipping on a chocolate flavor one now although banana cream is my fav it taste like banana pudding minus the vanilla wafers lol)

Let me if this works for you. No stress & No Comparing! :)

Edited by Chel1

I was sleeved 3/15 and I am in a stall as well. Saw my surgeon yesterday and he said not to worry. Just keep Protein first and walk 10k steps daily and I will be fine. It's still discouraging not to lose but know this is completely normal and it's not the end of your journey- it's just the beginning!

My 2 week stall broke this morning. Guess what I did differently.....

Nothing! It was just time. Everyone thinks there has to be something they can DO to "fix" a stall. But, by that reasoning, they believe they are currently doing something wrong.

Unless you are power driving unicorn fraps, you aren't doing anything wrong. Nothing needs to be "fixed". Trust your body and the process.

I hear the stalls are normal around week 3-4. Your body is still healing and changing on the inside. Several people have posted that once the stall lifts there is a dramatic change in the scale and clothing fit. "Keep working the plan" is what I hear repeatedly.