Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going on 4 weeks out of surgery. I was doing good loosing weight and I lost 24# in 2 1/2 weeks and now I've been stuck there and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't eat much I'm still on pureed foods till this weekend and I drink about 32 oz of Water if I drink more I get so full I don't eat at all. I just got the ok for physical activity so I'm starting the gym tomorrow. I'm going on over 1 week of the same weight and it's depressing.

got to get moving.... bottom line.... Eat less, move more. I know you just got released to go to the Gym, but walking is something you could have been doing to build up your endurance. I started going block to block.

you joined the gym, now the hard part... Going. I had to go directly after work.... if i went home, that was a wrap. and im not a morning person so... Getting up early to exercise was not going to happen.

good luck

I was doing a hour of walking. That's all I was told to do till I got cleared. I will definitely be going straight from work because I work close to gym but live far from everything. I'm starting the gym tomorrow and gonna try to stay on a routine of 3 times a week. I really hope that helps.

Don't fret too much, @MLRUIZ. The stalls are common and if you do a search on this forum, you will see that almost everyone stalls out for a little while.

I'm also in a stall, going on a week. The weight will start to come back off soon. It's really hard to eat less when you are probably only consuming about 400 calories on puree foods (I average between 350 and 450 with a Protein drink). Try upping your Water in the evening? My surgeon said that if we drink less than 64 ounces a day, the weight comes off slower.

that happens from time to time it happened to me a few times I went from dropping 6 to 7 pounds to like 1 to 2 pounds a week then a went back up to 6 or 7 your body has to adjust try not to get on the scale too often then you will start to stress it trust me I did lol

Edited by MustachedVillain

I get on the scale every morning. I tell myself not to but I do it anyways. I think I'm going to tell my boyfriend to hide the scale.

1 hour ago, katieroybal said:

Don't fret too much, @MLRUIZ. The stalls are common and if you do a search on this forum, you will see that almost everyone stalls out for a little while.

I'm also in a stall, going on a week. The weight will start to come back off soon. It's really hard to eat less when you are probably only consuming about 400 calories on puree foods (I average between 350 and 450 with a Protein drink). Try upping your Water in the evening? My surgeon said that if we drink less than 64 ounces a day, the weight comes off slower.

I'm hoping working out gets my weight loss going again. I'm trying to drink more Water but it fills me up to the point I don't eat at all.

4 hours ago, MLRUIZ said:

I'm going on 4 weeks out of surgery. I was doing good loosing weight and I lost 24# in 2 1/2 weeks and now I've been stuck there and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You are not doing anything wrong. Look up the 'three week stall.' It happens to most sleeved people.

You lost 24 pounds in less than three weeks. You lost more in 2.5 weeks than most gastric sleeve patients lose in a month. I would be walking on sunshine if I ever lost 24 pounds that fast.

It is seriously time to adjust your expectations. You did not gain the weight overnight and will not lose it overnight. With my sleeve, I lost an average of 5 to 6 pounds per month (yes, very slow loser), yet I made it to my goal weight. It took me 18 months to lose 100 pounds.

The rate of weight loss does not matter. What matters in the long run is your ability to keep it off for life. There's no point in being a lightning-fast Speedy Gonzales loser if you end up in the majority of sleevers who regain significant weight.

Good luck to you. And stay off that scale for several weeks. Hide it!

31 minutes ago, Introversion said:

You are not doing anything wrong. Look up the 'three week stall.' It happens to most sleeved people.

You lost 24 pounds in less than three weeks. You lost more in 2.5 weeks than most gastric sleeve patients lose in a month. I would be walking on sunshine if I ever lost 24 pounds that fast.

It is seriously time to adjust your expectations. You did not gain the weight overnight and will not lose it overnight. With my sleeve, I lost an average of 5 to 6 pounds per month (yes, very slow loser), yet I made it to my goal weight. It took me 18 months to lose 100 pounds.

The rate of weight loss does not matter. What matters in the long run is your ability to keep it off for life. There's no point in being a lightning-fast Speedy Gonzales loser if you end up in the majority of sleevers who regain significant weight.

Good luck to you. And stay off that scale for several weeks. Hide it!

Thank you. I actually had the gastric bypass but you are right I've done great so far and I need to just keep on going. I'm going to have my boyfriend hide the scale because as long as I know where it's at I will keep getting on it.

You need to make your Protein and Water goals. 32 oz of water is not nearly enough. Water is very important to weight loss. Your body needs it to process the protein. Sip, sip, sip every chance you get. Try to get at least 48oz and up to the 64 oz when you start exercising.

3 hours ago, MLRUIZ said:

I was doing a hour of walking. That's all I was told to do till I got cleared. I will definitely be going straight from work because I work close to gym but live far from everything. I'm starting the gym tomorrow and gonna try to stay on a routine of 3 times a week. I really hope that helps.

good start.... but if i'm being helpful... you should try and go weekdays and take off the weekends. I did 5 days a week for at least an hour.

I started with zumba, body pump, and combat... I also did elliptical and treadmill.... then worked my way up to weights.

You can do it