Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, all. I was banded in February/14. I lost 50 pounds lickety-split (6 months) and then slowly started to struggle. I now am up twenty pounds and still struggling. I have had some band issues (over fill, de-fill, not enough fills,etc) and I really struggle with emotional eating still (stress, discouragement mainly). My naturopathic doctor thinks I'm not getting enough Protein and fat to lose weight. Hmm.

I certainly know what I'm doing wrong in terms of eating too much...I just wonder if I could actually be eating too little of the right things...and truly, I just need some support from some folks who may have been challenged in similar ways and have won the battle.

Thanks!

I've been banded since 2011 and I still have those issues. Not enough Protein too much protein. Things still get stuck when I try to eat something I'm not supposed to but I still try. I know it's worse thing I could do but I go to bathroom and stick my finger down my throat. Stuff either comes up or goes down. But we can't overstress to the point where we aren't enjoying life. I gained back 30 but lost 25 again. Husband hid scale. Keep going strong don't get so discouraged. Good luck!

I still find it challenging to eat slowly and chew at least 20 times.
Yes. 10 Years out and I still have to remind myself..
And I need to keep my personal problem foods out of the house..
Tomorrow is another day Scarlett
And I'll try again. I will not go back!!!

start by writing down what your eating so you can see are you getting enough Protein are you eating throughout the day skipping meals and then being hungry and eating too much the next. ive found going back to liquid and puree for a few days will help it makes me focus on protein a little more

Hi Paigepatches!

I was banded in 2011 and was very similar to you. I lost 60lbs. in 5 months.

All was going well I was getting my regular fills but the last fill I got in April 2013 was an over fill. After that point my band stopped working well for me.

Over the next 4 years I've have several upper GI's, Fluid taken out little by little, all fluid removed, and now I'm at the point where my doctor wants to remove my band in exchange for the gastric bypass. I'll be having surgery I'm hoping at the beginning of June.

Lap band failed for me. I'm now at the weight I was in 2011, time of my lap band surgery!

I'm hopeful this procedure will give me more weight loss and maintaining it.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

I had the gastric band done in May 2013 and had to have it removed in June 2014, due to complications. I had lost a very quick 75lbs and everything was fine. (I lost all of the weight BEFORE my first bit of Fluid went into my band). Went to have my first fill and the doctor realized that he put the band in backwards. They were unable to do anything. A year later, a lot of sickness and hospital visits for dehydration and another surgeon.. I had it removed.

Ive since had the sleeve and it has been so much better. I'm sure the band works wonders if its done right, but I wasn't one of those lucky contestants.

I had my lap band done August 2015 and went from 275 to 240 and then did not lose anymore I am actually now 255 and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'd really like to thank everyone for replying. I needed to hear about other people's experiences. Mike, I'm sure glad the sleeve is doing the trick for you. I've often thought I should go that route, but I decided I haven't done everything I can with the sleeve. Recently, I had a very small fill...this has resulted in some challenges in eating, but I am persevering so far. I have to be really careful in chewing well...so I think this is good for me. So far I've lost a few pounds since the fill, so we'll see what happens.