Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys. So I was sleeved on 4/20. I been drinking Water and water and just burping so much. The gas in my chest and stomach is unbearable but thank god for Gas X. Sometimes with the pain in my abdomen, I can't tell if its the incisions, the gas or starvation. So hard to tell. But Im not hungry at all the thought or the smell of food makes me sick to my stomach. Any tips or anyone going through the same...

I'm only on Day 4 but I can suggest that you drink electrolytes or sugar-free flavoured Water instead of plain water. I've been finding that it's A LOT easier to get these down than plain water. I have no idea WHY that is, however *LOL* Maybe try that ;)

I second adding sugar free flavoring to your Water. For whatever reason, it seems to go down easier. Also, since you're just a couple of days post op, you likely still have a lot of swelling in your new stomach. Try switching out one glass of water with a Protein Shake and sip it very slowly. It's important to try to get in at least some Protein right now, even if it's just a little bit.

The next few days will be rough, but every day you'll feel a little better. Hang in there!

6 minutes ago, Nikkah_Mineolalove said:

I tried some propel in my Water definitely helps. But Im also going to try sipping on a Protein shake. Im supposed to be clear liquids until I see my surgeon for a follow up but your definitely right I gotta get some kind of Protein in.

If your surgeon says clear liquids, then you should definitely stick with clear liquid. Try some Bone Broth, which is clear and has protein. Also maybe check with your surgeon's office to see what kind of protein (if any) they recommend at this point.

I was sleeved on 18th and I'm sucking down Lucozade sport like a champ now. Very lucky to be in no pain but still have little gas balls inside that are leaving as I rotate my arms etc.

Since I'm day 4 since surgery I'm allowed milk, milky coffee, sf squash and thin yoghurts.

It gets easier lass, keep hydrated for that first BM tho!

24 minutes ago, Nikkah_Mineolalove said:

Where can I find bone broth? Im am afraid to try a shake, Im not sure if I will feel sick. But in order for me to be discharged I had to drink a shake plus Water and a little Jello-o. But I think they were just looking at consistencies before they had let me go

You should be able to find it at most grocery stores in the organic section. I bought mine at Kroger, and I know Whole Foods carries some as well.

Walk, walk, and then walk again

Hey guys. So I was sleeved on 4/20. I been drinking Water and water and just burping so much. The gas in my chest and stomach is unbearable but thank god for Gas X. Sometimes with the pain in my abdomen, I can't tell if its the incisions, the gas or starvation. So hard to tell. But Im not hungry at all the thought or the smell of food makes me sick to my stomach. Any tips or anyone going through the same...

I still have a hell of a time getting my fluids in. The groups here have advised ice chips and broths. They help a lot. I found that hot and cold liquids are easiest for me. You can find protein20 in Amazon or Walmart. They are yummy, best served cold imo. So I freeze them in ice trays and then blend into shaved ice. Starting my water so far is the only trick I know. The gas yes killer! Starvstion yes I feel like that too, my doctor told me our bodies are learning to talk to us in a new way. We feel hungry or like we are starving when we are dehydrated. So if your doing the shakes and youf tummy is growling or the cramps kick in and you feel hollow... Drink. Best of luck

Sent from my QTASUN1 using BariatricPal mobile app

- Sleeved Thursday around 8am

- Loaded on morphine 10mg all Thurs and into Friday afternoon

- Friday had barium/fluo done, and some other leak test

- Started off with ice Water Friday afternooni to see if can tolerate fluids

- Did fine on two 10ml cups, so went onto a full glass of ice water.. annihilated it easily w/constant sips

- Cleared for full fluids, onto SF Jello, non SF popsicles, Tomato Soup, etc.

- Given first dose of liquid tylenol and liquid codeine

- Had drainage removed and other stuff + lots of take-home info plus prescriptions for liquid tylenol+codeine, milk of magnesia, pantaloc 40mg, etc.

- Left for home Friday around 8pm

- Took some codeine/tylenol, went to bed

- Wake up around 5am Saturday and have first BM, liquid and dark dark brownish (could be mistaken for black)

- Try to go back to sleep, wake up, dizzy, gas pains, go have another toilet destroying BM, drink water, go back to sleep

- Wake up, Drink water, have yogurt drink, applesauce w/beneprotein, tylenol/codeine..

- Will be taking daily meds, confirmed I can crush/cut metformin but no need to cut pantaloc.

The real work begins. :53_cold_sweat:

Sounds pretty normal to me except that you are allowed a lot more to eat than I was. The first 5 days I was only allowed clear liquids. Applesauce and Tomato Soup didn't come for a week.