Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I didn't think of after sleeve.

Hello all!! I had my revision surgery from the band to the sleeve on March 8th 2017. I must say overall I am pretty damn happy with it. I am still having pain where the port was but I have heard that is normal, also it is still hard there not sure how long that will last or if it will be forever. It has been about 6 weeks from surgery and I have no more pain at all other then the port site, and that is just some slight discomfort once in a while not really pain, my wounds are all pretty much healed. I have lost to date a total of 49 pounds putting me at 210 down from 259, I am pretty excited about losing 11 more pounds because then I hit onederland!! (wiggles)

Ok, so now for some things that I have noticed happening to me after surgery and with the weight loss. First one is my butt hurts a lot lol...I think it is because I am losing my cushion there, also I have been having a lot of back pain since and I never had back pain before. I get really cold often now which is new since I used to always be hot. My hormones are out of wack, sometimes I cry for no reason and I am not depressed or anything it just happens. This maybe tmi but my periods are much heavier and afterwards I notice I feel warn out, just so wiped out I don't want to do anything but sleep, it only seems to last during and a few days after but it really takes everything out of me for those few days. Also my sex drive seems to be amped up, hubba hubba..lol . I walk everyday and do ok with that but I have noticed if I try to go to the gym and work out I get light headed and tired real quick, not sure if that is because I am just about 6 weeks out or if that is because something else. Another thing I am really struggling with it trying to get all my food, liquids and Proteins in a day, I am never hungry so trying to get all that in I always have the feeling of being overly stuffed.

So that is about all I can think of for now, but if anyone can help a newbie out with some of these issues I would be most grateful!! Also if you do not use Protein Shakes to get in your Protein, what do ya use? :o

Thanks for sharing, @Ginie. I'm pre-op, so unfortunately, of no help to you, except to say that you may want to visit with your nutritionist regarding your intake, if it is causing you issues.

Regarding back pain, I have read that is a common occurrence, as things shift and get out of whack. A chiropractor may be able to help you.

How exciting to be so close to Onederland! I bet you are there before you even know it!

The dizziness is from lack of fluids and potassium. I still get dizzy (9 weeks out), though not as often) and that's my signal that I need to drink Water. I go to the gym everyday so I lose a lot of Fluid there. I now literally walk around with water in my hand at all times and it's still hard to get enough in. As far as Protein, you need to do whatever it takes to get it in. I have a skinny latte every day and either a Protein Shake or make my Quest Protein Bars into Cookies so I can get it down. I still can only eat about 2 oz of chicken/eggs/fish/beef at a time and average about 80 grams a day.

Thank you Ms. Brightside! I was thinking of looking into going to a chiropractor for the back pain and yes it feels pretty good to be so close to onederland!! Hehe

YeaMe needing to do whatever it takes to get it in is easier said then done for sure. I am trying and I guess I will figure it out eventually..

Butt pain is from losing weight or losing muscle mass. Are you getting your Vitamins in? I've always been cold.

Hello all!! I had my revision surgery from the band to the sleeve on March 8th 2017. I must say overall I am pretty damn happy with it. I am still having pain where the port was but I have heard that is normal, also it is still hard there not sure how long that will last or if it will be forever. It has been about 6 weeks from surgery and I have no more pain at all other then the port site, and that is just some slight discomfort once in a while not really pain, my wounds are all pretty much healed. I have lost to date a total of 49 pounds putting me at 210 down from 259, I am pretty excited about losing 11 more pounds because then I hit onederland!! (wiggles)
Ok, so now for some things that I have noticed happening to me after surgery and with the weight loss. First one is my butt hurts a lot lol...I think it is because I am losing my cushion there, also I have been having a lot of back pain since and I never had back pain before. I get really cold often now which is new since I used to always be hot. My hormones are out of wack, sometimes I cry for no reason and I am not depressed or anything it just happens. This maybe tmi but my periods are much heavier and afterwards I notice I feel warn out, just so wiped out I don't want to do anything but sleep, it only seems to last during and a few days after but it really takes everything out of me for those few days. Also my sex drive seems to be amped up, hubba hubba..lol . I walk everyday and do ok with that but I have noticed if I try to go to the gym and work out I get light headed and tired real quick, not sure if that is because I am just about 6 weeks out or if that is because something else. Another thing I am really struggling with it trying to get all my food, liquids and Proteins in a day, I am never hungry so trying to get all that in I always have the feeling of being overly stuffed.
So that is about all I can think of for now, but if anyone can help a newbie out with some of these issues I would be most grateful!! Also if you do not use Protein Shakes to get in your Protein, what do ya use? [emoji33]

I had my surgery on 3/15 and I feel exactly the way you do except I've got my hunger back. It's hunger but as soon as I eat my little meal I am satisfied and full. I think our backs hurt because our ab muscles are still weak from surgery. I walk but haven't started weights or anything like that. I don't use protein shakes - I make my own smoothie with vanilla Protein Powder, fairlife milk, PB 2 and banana. Other 4-5 meals I eat protein. I get in around 60-70 grams of protein daily doing that. My hormones are definitely crazy but I do think they are calming down a bit! Good luck on your weight loss- I have been at a stall but think it's over now- hopefully! My surgery weight was 253 and I am 226 today. Pretty exciting!

In addition to recovery. Have you checked blood pressure? Are any of you on bp meds. Low bp can cause these issues also. Dizziness, tiredness, and feeling down etc.

Weight loss alone will bring down bp. So if your on bp med it may be too low, check with your dr.

I am getting all my Vitamins and they just had me add Iron which is helping a ton! My butt the doctor says I now need to work out those muscles to get them stronger so the pain goes away haha. My crying bouts seem to be calming down thank goodness!! I am actually not on any medications just all these vitamins now... Everyone seems to being doing pretty good and that is great, yay for us! On average it seems I am losing about 2 pounds a week, at first I was bummed with this number but my doctor seems to be very pleased and I am feeling great so I am moving a long as I should be I suppose. I did the math and if I do not stall and continue to lose 2 pounds a week I should be around 150 by Christmas!! :o

That butt pain can be sciatica which goes along with a sore back and a chiropractor or physiology can help.

Lap band 2009
Sw 200/lw 161/cw 214
Sleeve revision booked 17 May

Thank you Ms. Brightside! I was thinking of looking into going to a chiropractor for the back pain and yes it feels pretty good to be so close to onederland!! Hehe

YeaMe needing to do whatever it takes to get it in is easier said then done for sure. I am trying and I guess I will figure it out eventually..

The chiropractor has really helped me.

Just checking in!! I am doing really good!! I have lost a total of 63 pounds and most of my issues have been resolved. It really did take me awhile to find a rythm with juggling the food and Water and Protein Shakes but I have finally worked it all out and getting everything in a day I need.

im considering a revision has anyone used the vitamin patches? curious if thats a good choice also was wanting to know how most of you get your Protein in in one day? my doctor has advised me to get my band out due to ulcers in my throat and stomach 1 in each area so he said we caught it early. My daughter who's 21years old just had the sleeve don June 1st and i wa thinking of getting her the Vitamin Patches as well

I just bought a box of Patches. I've only used a few days so don't know yet how effective they are but they sure are easy to use

Lap band 2009
Sw 200/lw 161/cw 214

As for Protien it's an ongoing struggle. I'm only 5 weeks out so solid Protien is still hard but I have a Protien shake morning and evening and Greek yogurt mid day. The rest I fill with veggies and try to keep carbs under 100g

Lap band 2009
Sw 200/lw 161/cw 214