Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm trying to plan ahead and work out how I will organize taking my Vitamins and my meds, and how I will carry them when away from home, like at work or out running errands. I was told I'll be taking vitamins 5x a day. I know I can't take Iron supplements with Calcium supplements, so those will be at separate times. And I have a thyroid med I have to take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, with no other meds.

I've been looking online for pill organizers and such, but I'm not sure the ones I have seen will fit my vitamins. I'm thinking about getting the Wellness Travel Pack to carry in my purse (although it looks bigger than my wallet!), see the link below, and then I'll get a day/night weekly pill container for morning and bedtime.

How do you manage to stay on schedule with your vitamins? Any suggestions for good pill reminder apps?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LSS8XY8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=AOATZGAGS23LI&th=1

I was just thinking about the same thing. I know I'm not getting in what I need to. So far I'm good with the multi but the other stuff is hit or miss. I have to get organized.

My two 2 week post-op appt was when I was advised to start taking my Vitamins. I take the following:

calcuim

Vitamin D

Iron (ensure that you are taking iron and Calcium at least 2 hours apart. I choose to take them 3 hours apart to be safe)

Biotin (I need my curls to stay glamorous)

Multivitamin for women

B12

Due to me having issues with remembering to take my vitamins. I downloaded this free app called Round to help me keep track.

Congrats on your surgery. Now is way too soon to be taking chewy vitamins.

Have you already scheduled your 2 week follow up?

IMG_3518.PNG

I take 1 multi, 1 Iron, 2 Calcium, and 1 Biotin (10,000 mg) per day. Here is how I take them

AM- multi, biotin and 1 calcium

PM After work- iron

PM before bed- 2nd calcium

58 minutes ago, Thejeweledsleeve said:

Due to me having issues with remembering to take my Vitamins. I downloaded this free app called Round to help me keep track.

Congrats on your surgery. Now is way too soon to be taking chewy vitamins.

Have you already scheduled your 2 week follow up?

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm planning out how it will work when I am post op and having to take the vitamins. I work in different areas so I will have to find a way to carry them with me too. I haven't purchased the post op vitamins yet, but they gave samples at one of my nutrition classes so I saw how big some of them are, it'll be hard to find a pill carrier they'll fit into.

Thanks for the tip on the app. Does it send you reminders at certain times?

It is important to put a 2 hour separation between the Vitamins that contain Iron and those that contain Calcium. So in my case I found that what works best for me is to take the iron supplements just before bedtime. I put my vitamins in a weekly pill container. I have one container for the morning and one for the night. And I use a very small glass bowel for my calcium supplements. I put my calciums in the bowl in the morning and take them throughout the day. If I am up and about I put my calciums in a ziplock bag and carry them with me.

2 hours ago, ChaosUnlimited said:

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm planning out how it will work when I am post op and having to take the Vitamins. I work in different areas so I will have to find a way to carry them with me too. I haven't purchased the post op vitamins yet, but they gave samples at one of my nutrition classes so I saw how big some of them are, it'll be hard to find a pill carrier they'll fit into.

Thanks for the tip on the app. Does it send you reminders at certain times?

Sorry about that. I had posted that on my status update the other day for someone whom had just had surgery. I forgot to edit out the parts pertaining to her.

Does anybody get B-12 injections? If so, How is that going? Do you need one a month or what.

I use patches...eliminates all the organization issues for me. I shower in the morning, put them on and take them off at bedtime. My labs are perfect :)

MHOUSE, I've never been able to stomach Vitamins, even when I could eat mass volumes of food they always upset my stomach. I was SO grateful to find the Patches, and my doc wholeheartedly approves of me using them. I just had a follow-up appt, at 10 mos, and my labs are all great. I use the Multivitamin, the Iron, the Vitamin D and the B-12 patches. ( I quit using the Calcium patch on my doctor's advice.)
I hope they work out for you!

I saw the Patches when I was looking online and wondered if they worked. I'll have to keep them in mind if I have any issues with the pills.