Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Patient Death at A Lighter Me (ALM) with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena

I was actually there when this happened. She had a blot clot that happened after surgery. I have no idea where the 14 year old came into this story. She had children who were at home in the US. You can't bring a 14 as a companion. It's stating in the contract I signed that companions must be 18 or over.

The whole situation was incredibly sad including for the other patients but we all realized that blood clots can happen anywhere.

Edited by MHOUSE
Punctuation

I was actually there when this happened. She had a blot clot that happened after surgery. I have no idea where the 14 year old came into this story. She had children who were at home in the US. You can't bring a 14 as a companion. It's stating in the contract I signed that companions must be 18 or over.
The whole situation was incredibly sad including for the other patients but we all realized that blood clots can happen anywhere.

You literally created this profile an hour ago to try and damage control. Seriously, I've never seen anyone try and cover something up as badly as you all are right now.

Stay far away from these people, folks.

First she bled out in surgery now she died after surgery? There was a young beautiful mother of 4 that died 4 weeks ago from a supposed blood clot? Could this be the story you are not even getting close to telling? This is how a bunch of fake news starts. You can't be posting things you don't know to be true. It's not right.

I'm talking about the mother of 4. I came on here to find other patients of ALM- but couldn't ignore bullshit flip flopping in both sides.

4 hours ago, Trinkapoo said:

I don't believe in coincidences but I just joined this group I had gastric sleeve surgery 4/5/17. All of this is I read this post and felt it to be not true and maybe if it was I wanted to know where he got his information that is all I'm not a troll I'm just a normal mom from Wisconsin .

A mom from Wisconsin. Funny how your IP address is showing you as located in Pompano Beach, Florida.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.16.12 PM.png

Seems that your claimed location is the only fake news on here.

29 minutes ago, Trinkapoo said:

First she bled out in surgery now she died after surgery? There was a young beautiful mother of 4 that died 4 weeks ago from a supposed blood clot? Could this be the story you are not even getting close to telling? This is how a bunch of fake news starts. You can't be posting things you don't know to be true. It's not right.

We just had another (supposed) ALM patient confirm there was another patient death at A Lighter Me (ALM) with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena. She claims that she was there.

How can you continue posting that this is fake news? These facts aren't disputable. It's truly sad. Patients need to know the truth about surgeons and companies they deal with when coming down to Tijuana.

2 hours ago, Sandy Johnson said:

An overview, I am going on my 15th year in this business. We have had a total of 4 deaths during that period including all the doctors that I have worked with. No details here. A better question for this forum is to ask about complication for the surgeons associated with this forum and company.

By dodging the question repeatedly, you make yourself and your company look bad.

You said you were transparent, but you're not being transparent. You're obfuscating in a semi-hostile way.

We KNOW there is a risk of death with surgery. What raises big red flags is when a medical professional repeatedly dodges the question of whether or not a specific death occurred when questioned.

You have told us you do not like the owner of this site, but it is we, the many patients who USE this site (most of whom have no connection with any of your competition) who are asking you to verify whether a woman died during surgery with ALM in March.

Ive never seen a reputable medical professional dodge and obfuscate so defensively right out of the gate as you have been doing here in spite of those of use who have given you repeated chances to simply answer the question.

THAT is what harms your reputation. Your behavior in this thread makes you, personally, someone I would not want to deal with when it comes to major surgery. If you had handled this professionally and directly, I would have come away with a positive impression of both you and ALM.

These "facts" you know are untrue! I would like to know the names of the "2 of the most influential bariatric surgeons" that gave you this information as well as the "US Consulate" that you spoke to. First of all it would be the Mexican consulate that might get involved in tracking this type of information NOT a US Consolate! A US Consulate would NEVER release personal patient information to a company that's not involved with the patient in questions care! I lost all respect I had in you when you insisted that you even know of a surgeon that has done 8500 surgeries without complications.

By the way, the chief surgeon for ALM is the number 1 Bariatric surgeon in North America, a fact!

Go back to your sources and review your bullit point facts. However this is your site and your free to write what you want, delete or edit it. That's why I stated for information and questions about ALM, contact ALM. For info on Bariatric Pal, contact Bariatric Pal!

4 hours ago, Trinkapoo said:

I don't believe in coincidences but I just joined this group I had gastric sleeve surgery 4/5/17. All of this is I read this post and felt it to be not true and maybe if it was I wanted to know where he got his information that is all I'm not a troll I'm just a normal mom from Wisconsin .

You joined March 13. And your IP address does not indicate you're from Wisconsin. You ONLY emerged to post your first and only posts to this thread, as if you were waiting for it. You refused to contact the person who could, and as she says, would willingly, answer the question if you contacted her privately. And, strangely, when questioned, you suddenly stopped posting for a while and Sandy appeared.

I find coincidences rather difficult to believe in.

I'm confused as to why this is an argument.

#1 there are very big risks to this surgery. We all are informed of that going in. We do it for the reward in spite of the risk. So someone died. Tragic event and all together possible. Why deny this one when we know it's a risk?

#2 how hard is it to sign a contract saying you'll bring an adult companion with you to Mexico and then bring a teen companion? Saying it's not possible to bring a teen is like saying it's not possible to lie. Goodness.

#3 Not every surgeon has deaths for the simple fact that some Surgeons are a bit more picky on whom they operate on - agreeing to less risky patients or requiring patients take steps to become less risky (ex. lose weight) prior to authorization. If you haven't seen "my 600 pound life" where it discusses surgeons who refuse to operate on certain individuals, then you haven't done the most basic of research. Though asking your own surgeon is probably easier. People go to Mexico for surgery usually because they want a cheaper and more easily approved surgery with a surgeon who won't deny them so quickly or require more effort on the patient part before hand. The fact that more people die on a table with this route is the risk you take when you choose cheap and "easy" over harder and more expensive. If you're shocked by it, then I fear you haven't considered common sense.

HW: 328 (02/22/17)

SW: TBD

CW: 292

40 minutes ago, Alex Brecher said:

A mom from Wisconsin. Funny how your IP address is showing you as located in Pompano Beach, Florida.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.16.12 PM.png

Seems that your claimed location is the only fake news on here.

Ha! Get this:

**We found more than a dozen patients who have complained of knicked spleens, holes in their stomachs, or severe health complications. And they all have one thing in common. They all used weightlossagents.com (an online booking company based in Florida outside of Miami) and had surgery in Tijuana with Dr. Almanza.**

15 minutes ago, Sandy Johnson said:

These "facts" you know are untrue! I would like to know the names of the "2 of the most influential bariatric surgeons" that gave you this information as well as the "US Consulate" that you spoke to. First of all it would be the Mexican consulate that might get involved in tracking this type of information NOT a US Consolate! A US Consulate would NEVER release personal patient information to a company that's not involved with the patient in questions care! I lost all respect I had in you when you insisted that you even know of a surgeon that has done 8500 surgeries without complications.

By the way, the chief surgeon for ALM is the number 1 Bariatric surgeon in North America, a fact!

Go back to your sources and review your bullit point facts. However this is your site and your free to write what you want, delete or edit it. That's why I stated for information and questions about ALM, contact ALM. For info on Bariatric Pal, contact Bariatric Pal!

Ok, what's not true, exaclty? I have given you MANY opportunities to come clean and be honest with everyone in an open forum.

You are incorrect. It's the US consulate that deals with US citizens in Mexico. Why in heavens would the Mexican consulate get involved with a US citizen's death and their 14-year-old child that was left without a mother all alone after she passed away?

Please, don't twist my words. I stated that Dr. Illan has performed over 8500 surgeries and has never had a patient die after weight loss surgery. He had one complication (a leak) which was repaired within 24 hours.

24 minutes ago, Sandy Johnson said:

He didn't say no complications. He said no deaths.

May we have a reputable published source for your claim that ALM is the #1 "Bariatric Surgeon" in North America? #1 by what criteria?

And we tried to get ALM's direct answer by ASKING YOU. But you won't answer.

Edited by HeatherS.

1 hour ago, MHOUSE said:

I'm talking about the mother of 4. I came on here to find other patients of ALM- but couldn't ignore bullshit flip flopping in both sides.

The only flip flopping and bs has been from Sandy. We're just trying to get her to answer the question, and instead we get sock puppets and word salad but no answer.

Well, I'm here for support and unfortunately this it the first topic that comes up when you search for ALM. I have no time for drama from either party.

My bad for commenting what I experienced at all. I'm done with this topic.