Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Patient Death at A Lighter Me (ALM) with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena

I'm in Tijuana at the moment and found out that there's been another Patient Death at A Lighter Me (ALM) with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena . The patient death occurred about 3-4 weeks ago. I found out about this from my contact at the US Consulate here in Tijuana.

This is awful news. I take it that this is a problem with that Dr and facility. I hope others who are scheduled with this one will read.

My heart goes out to the child!

How sad! I hope she gets home asap!!! Prayers

33 minutes ago, Trinkapoo said:

I'm not sure I believe this. You can't bring a 14 year old there in the first place. Sounds like someone trying sabotage someone.

I've verified that this is 100% true. You can't bring a 14 year old there? Where are you getting your info? You most definitly can. You do have to be pretty foolish to bring a child alone with you to Mexico. I see many patients that come with children but always bring another adult.

1 hour ago, Trinkapoo said:

You can't bring a 14 year old there in the first place.

Sure you can. Why wouldn't a 14 year - old be allowed in Mexico?

Poor kid - to lose a parent so suddenly and at such a young age and then to be far from home - I can't imagine.

That poor child. How tragic to lose her mother like that.

9 minutes ago, Trinkapoo said:

When you go to ALM your companion must be 18 and older and if you verified 100 percent then name your source.

I am 100% sure that this patient died after having surgery with Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena . What I'm not certain yet is if the patient was a private patient of Dr. Jose Luis Curiel Marchena or an A Lighter Me (ALM) patient.

We can just ask the owner of ALM @Sandy Johnson to verify is this is true or false. She is a longstanding member of BariatricPal forums and has verified these types of stories previously.

Wow. Poor woman. Poor daughter. RIP. I hope the girl made it home safely.

This is so sad!

I wonder what might have happened to cause the bleed out. Age, medications, conditions, etc. So us future patients can know beforehand to be a little bit saver. Best wishes to the family. 14 is and awful age to lose your mother.

3 hours ago, Trinkapoo said:

But you said you were 100% sure? Who is your source?

He gave you a source at the clinic to confirm with.

I hope it's only coincidence that you joined around the time that woman died and have only surfaced to post on this exact thread calling for a source.