Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about breast surgery

Hey!

So I am not at goal yet but when I get there I really want to get a breast life and augmentation to refill me breasts. My mom is very against it because she knows several people who got augmentations who are in pain all the time. They had it done after cancer though.

Has anyone gotten it done and experienced pain nonstop after? I understand it will be painful right after, but this is long term pain she is talking about.

I don't know about a Breast Lift - But I had a Breast Reduction and I had very little pain at all (Had it at same time as Brachioplasty and that did not hurt much either)

I guess all people are different. And I know people who have cancer surgeries may well have alot more of the Breast removed that just the fatty part. I also guess that some surgeons do things differently to others and some people feel pain more than others (I am a BIG wimp with pain) I have never heard of anyone in constant pain after a Breast augmentation.

Hopefully someone here may have some more information for you - My Mum was very worried about me when I had my surgeries - All Mothers worry - But she knew and understood why I needed to do this and she stood by me the whole way through and helped me so much... Maybe if you tell your Mom how you feel and how this affects your life and your view of yourself.. Maybe she will understand - But being your Mom - She will always worry about you even if she understands your reasons for doing it.....

Good Luck

@Scamp Thank you, yeah I tried to explain how my breast are completely flat when not in a bra and I am only 30 years old and I feel disgusting and that it's my body and I want to feel good about it. She backed off a little but not completely. I was hoping to get some positive feedback I could show her so she could feel better about it. :)

3 minutes ago, Dashofpixiedust8 said:

I feel disgusting

There is 0 reason to feel this way. Ever.

@Navigating the Wilderness It's hard not to sometimes but I feel pretty with clothes.

Realizing that I will most likely "need" several plastic surgeries after my wls surgery makes me really nervous. My family doesn't want me having any surgery, much less a series of surgeries...but my hope is to just plunge ahead and hope they come around once they see how well I'm doing...

@hardwork&dedication It is nerve wracking to me as well. I have having the extra skin on my stomach removed on June 5th even though I am not at goal yet. It is very large already and giving me issues so insurance is covering it, I will have to pay for my revision when I get to goal out of pocket though. I also will want a thigh lift and as mentions a breast lift. I may or may not want my arms done too. They don't bother me as much as my thighs and breasts. My surgeon said he does not recommend the thigh surgery though and quotes a 90% complication rate. :(

I just had a breast lift & reduction on Tuesday. I'm sore at the drain sites, but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good!IMG_2589.JPG IMG_2590.JPG

I too had a breast lift and reduction, no implants and I couldn't be happier!!! As my surgeon said...."we have enough material to work with!" They are fabulous and very natural looking and I highly recommend you consider that instead of implants.

IMG_5698.jpg

If I have enough material I will do that. My breasts are completely flat though when not in a bra, they just hang there deflated. [emoji23]

I had a reduction and lift 3 years ago and would do it over again in a heartbeat! I've had large breasts my whole life, even before I was overweight. They have always been full but stopped being perky around 19/20 and started to sag from the weight so they pulled on my back even more. I had developed scoliosis from it and have a curve in my spine that causes my hips to get out of alignment.

My insurance covered it 100% and I never looked back. I had it done when I was about 23. Luckily I had plenty of volume to work with so they are back to full and perky. My surgeon removed 6 pounds of brews tissue total and I went from a G to a D. I'm sure once I lose the weight my size will go down some, which I am ok with!!

I had very little pain, but I've also had my leg surgically broken and screws put in so nothing hurts as bad as that. I did lose nipple sensation on one for about 1-2 years but now it's back and like nothing happened. Some nerves take longer to grow back together than others.

Good luck in you decision making!! Feel free to PM me

15 hours ago, Dashofpixiedust8 said:

Hey!

So I am not at goal yet but when I get there I really want to get a breast life and augmentation to refill me breasts. My mom is very against it because she knows several people who got augmentations who are in pain all the time. They had it done after cancer though.

Has anyone gotten it done and experienced pain nonstop after? I understand it will be painful right after, but this is long term pain she is talking about.

Like Scamp, I had a breast reduction. It was done four years ago, and I still have notable pain in my left breast and intermittent pain in the right. I also have intense itching in the anchor scar.

There's no guarantee you'll end up without long term pain after, for whatever reason.

Mine is due to fat necrosis, a very common risk when removing that much tissue and no fault of mine or my surgeon. It can happen in any surgery that disrupts an area's blood supply.

I recovered from the necrosis fully, but the area where it was is still painful, and that's not likely to resolve.

I had a breast lift and augmentation in January. My results are phenomenal! Yes it is a painful recovery but it is absolutely worth it. I am 55 years old and have been at goal for over a year which is very important to maintain your weight once you hit goal.

I had 46C breasts before bypass. I had a lift and then 350cc implants. I am now a 36DD and my surgeon did a fantastic job at making my lift perfect.

I am about 14 weeks post op as of today and the only time I have discomfort is when I go a long period of time without a bra. My breasts are obviously much heavier than what I am used to but when I have a bra on, they feel 100% normal. I also have not lost sensation in the nipples.

Having this lift, augmentation and Tummy Tuck was instantly rewarding and worth every penny.

Best of luck to you.

I guess my only questions are - do you plan on having any/more children. If yes then I would wait, as you will have body changes from that and/or may want to breastfeed. Otherwise I say go for it, just pick a good surgeon

Dashofpixiedust8 I think we are in the same boat. This picture is not of me but that is how my boobs look when not in a bra. When you say disgusting I understand completely. If I had the opportunity to have gotten the sleeve and the boob job in my 30's I would have taken it. Don't let any one change your mind.

I was suppose to have a reduction on March 21st but it was canceled by the Doctor, now I am waiting for a biopsy. I hate these boobs and the way I look. In addition to that stress of waiting for this biopsy I am also very depressed and disgusted by my inability to walk for more than 5 minutes due to severe back pain which can't be dealt with until the excess skin is removed. I thought with the sleeve I was going to get my weight down enough that I would be walking again. I still can't walk and now I have to wait until the excess skin on my breast and the rest of my body is removed before the doctor will operate on my back. I am a single 61 year old lady and have no children or family. I wish I had done things differently when I was younger.

not mine1.jpg