Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in a few hours

Are you struggling with any excess fluids from the hospital? That's my personal concern with surgery. I had an emergency csection a few years ago and had so much Water retention that I literally couldn't walk starting the day after through the week at the hospital and first week home (my feet and ankles couldn't bend they were so Fluid filled)

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 288

Pounds disowned to date: 40

I have not I was a bit bloated the first two days but the fluid left my body one way or the other but my stomach has already flattened out quite a bit and my ankles are looking good.... Plus figure you won't be on IV fluids for nearly as long with this surgery as when you had a C section

2 hours ago, AndrewAZ said:

I have not I was a bit bloated the first two days but the Fluid left my body one way or the other but my stomach has already flattened out quite a bit and my ankles are looking good.... Plus figure you won't be on IV fluids for nearly as long with this surgery as when you had a C section

I'm glad you are doing okay. How many days did you stay in the hospital?

I'm glad you are doing okay. How many days did you stay in the hospital?

Thanks I had surgery at 10am on the 19th and went home about 1030am on the 21st

I'm up north in Prescott and my surgeon is in Phoenix - Dr Sprunger. I'm still preop. There doesn't seem to be many Arizonans on this site and if there are, they're all down south. Lol

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 292

Hi! I just ran across your post, I am from Glendale AZ and Dr. Sprunger also did my surgery. I had mine done on 3/15/17. Dr. Sprunger is AMAZING and made me so comfortable with the surgery. Would love to talk some time about your journey! It's nice to find someone close by!!

Hi! I just ran across your post, I am from Glendale AZ and Dr. Sprunger also did my surgery. I had mine done on 3/15/17. Dr. Sprunger is AMAZING and made me so comfortable with the surgery. Would love to talk some time about your journey! It's nice to find someone close by!!

Awesome! Yes he's been wonderful. I love how Type A personality is because that means he likes perfection. Who wouldn't want that in a surgeon?? Lol

HW: 328 (02/21/17)
SW: 271 (05/24/17)
CW:

As crazy as it may sound I loved how he didn't hesitate to yell at my right in front of my family when he found out I didn't pre-fill my prescriptions prior to surgery!! I think the fear of disappointing him keeps me pushing further harder and harder!!

HW: 298 (9/12/16)
SW: 275 (3/15/17)
CW: 213 (6/2/17)
GW: 165 (working my way there!)

Prescott is Beautiful I loved riding motorcycles up there and hope to again in the upcoming year.

Congrats on taking the steps to a healthier you and opening a set of tools that you will use for your entire life.

I agree there doesn't seem to be a lot of folks in Arizona that are open about bariatrics it would be nice if there was a meetup.com group or something

Hi fellow AZers! I'm in Mesa! I am still pre-op...awaiting insurance approval. I did all the requirements, so the ball is in their court now! Dr. Sprunger will be my surgeon as well. I'm excited, but anxious and a bit worried about post-op walking. I have HUGE back problems, so walking is very painful for me as it is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi fellow AZers! I'm in Mesa! I am still pre-op...awaiting insurance approval. I did all the requirements, so the ball is in their court now! Dr. Sprunger will be my surgeon as well. I'm excited, but anxious and a bit worried about post-op walking. I have HUGE back problems, so walking is very painful for me as it is.

Don't stress the post op walking, the nurses and CNA that I had at St. Luke's (especially the ones at night) were super supportive and on the first night I was struggling bc of the meds and the can walked with me and was like a cheerleader the whole way around. The next morning i was like a brand new person and had to be told to stop walking and take a break! It's easier than it sounds!! Do you have a scheduled date yet?? I know you waiting on insurance but maybe a tentative date???

Don't stress the post op walking, the nurses and CNA that I had at St. Luke's (especially the ones at night) were super supportive and on the first night I was struggling bc of the meds and the can walked with me and was like a cheerleader the whole way around. The next morning i was like a brand new person and had to be told to stop walking and take a break! It's easier than it sounds!! Do you have a scheduled date yet?? I know you waiting on insurance but maybe a tentative date???

Sorry, just saw this response! Yes, tentative date is June 16. Pre-op diet starts June 9. Thanks for the encouragement about my back! Dr. Sprunger took me off my pain meds on the 6th, so I'm in excruciating pain already. I think this is the part that worries me more than the surgery itself!

On 4/23/2017 at 2:56 PM, AndrewAZ said:

Thanks I had surgery at 10am on the 19th and went home about 1030am on the 21st

Glad to find another Dr Swain patient in AZ on here, thanks for sharing your experience. Surgery 7/5.

On 6/3/2017 at 2:18 AM, losing2live4Him said:

Hello, fellow Arizonan, Hope all is going well. I'm pre-op as well.

Glad to find another Dr Swain patient in AZ on here, thanks for sharing your experience. Surgery 7/5.

Yes he was fantastic.... Down 65 lbs since April 19th

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, AndrewAZ said:

Yes he was fantastic.... Down 65 lbs since April 19th

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Amazing, congratulations!

Hello, fellow Arizonan, Hope all is going well. I'm pre-op as well.

Hi Bonnie! Although we are using different doctors it is so nice to see another AZ patient! Do you have a surgery date? Bypass or sleeve? I am just a little over 3 months post op. I'm in the Glendale area, would love to connect with someone from around the same area!!