Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any sleevers in college?

Hi Jesse,
I am a junior at University and was sleeved the 11th. Probably should've waited till finals were over[emoji28] as I am totally procrastinating being just a week out from surgery. Still, life goes on and so does the semester. Planning on hanging out at the library for the next 2 weeks to prevent it. Struggling with Protein and Water is finally going down better. Think I will be okay. Already down 16 lbs preop included. Haven't seen the 200s in forever so I am excited for this journey. The timing was not ideal but like school work we suck it up and carry on. Hope your doing just as great! Aloha[emoji16]

Hi Jesse,
I am a junior at University and was sleeved the 11th. Probably should've waited till finals were over[emoji28] as I am totally procrastinating being just a week out from surgery. Still, life goes on and so does the semester. Planning on hanging out at the library for the next 2 weeks to prevent it. Struggling with Protein and Water is finally going down better. Think I will be okay. Already down 16 lbs preop included. Haven't seen the 200s in forever so I am excited for this journey. The timing was not ideal but like school work we suck it up and carry on. Hope your doing just as great! Aloha[emoji16]

PROCRASTINATION haha same here its so bad I'm just hoping I do good for finals

Hi Jesse, I'm a sophomore at the university of Delaware. I haven't had surgery yet, but my final clearance appointment is on Friday. Hopefully I'll get my surgery approved and scheduled soon. Do you think I should wait until after finals?

Hi Jesse, I'm a sophomore at the university of Delaware. I haven't had surgery yet, but my final clearance appointment is on Friday. Hopefully I'll get my surgery approved and scheduled soon. Do you think I should wait until after finals?

It would definitely be easier to wait but thats up to you. I considered university of Delaware and still am since I'm right next door in MD and am planning to transfer, I'm at community college.

@raveena128I work at UD haha! I am also a student at Wilmington University. I would definitely suggest waiting until after finals. You don't know if you will have any complications *knock on wood* It is best to get it done during the summer, that's what I did and I'm thankful I did because I DID have complications.

[mention=317436]raveena128[/mention]I work at UD haha! I am also a student at Wilmington University. I would definitely suggest waiting until after finals. You don't know if you will have any complications *knock on wood* It is best to get it done during the summer, that's what I did and I'm thankful I did because I DID have complications.

That's cool that you work at UD. Thank you for the advice. Hopefully will have surgery scheduled two weeks after finals, so I don't have to do the diet while doing finals lol. Sorry to hear you had complications. How are you in your journey now?

Hey I'm a junior in college who's 3.5 months post op and I've lost 70 pounds so far :) So far my journey is going well! I have an apartment on campus with a kitchen so I've been able to have a lot of control over my diet and I go to a large school so I get lots of walking in every days. I honestly have 0 regrets about getting sleeved.

I think my biggest piece of advice as a college student is to keep to a routine and plan your meals. Like always make sure you have good food on hand in your dorm so you aren't tempted to grab something high carb/high sugar from the dining hall/cafes on campus when you're on the go.

Best of luck with finals and I hope things go well for you! [emoji4]

@raveena128My journey is fantastic now! I am down over 245 pounds from my highest weight of 540 pounds! I can actually live my life now!

[mention=317436]raveena128[/mention]My journey is fantastic now! I am down over 245 pounds from my highest weight of 540 pounds! I can actually live my life now!

That's awesome!!! I just got my date for June 12. Plenty of time to heal during the summer and be ready to get back into the swing of things

That's awesome!!! I just got my date for June 12. Plenty of time to heal during the summer and be ready to get back into the swing of things

That's great! Good luck to you!

I'm a junior at Old dominion university but I attend online, was sleeved in March, was a bit difficult but I managed to pass all four of my courses :)

I'm a junior at Old dominion university but I attend online, was sleeved in March, was a bit difficult but I managed to pass all four of my courses [emoji4]

I'm actually planning to take an online class, but it starts the same day as my surgery, but I think I'll be able to do it! I'll just have to play catch up once I'm feeling better. But that's great that you got through it!

I didn't face any problems, and everything was great. Everyone at college was so understandable and helpful, and I felt the support and help.

I felt okay!

Edited by GabriellaRose

On 4/25/2017 at 11:55 PM, krystalrose219 said:

Hey I'm a junior in college who's 3.5 months post op and I've lost 70 pounds so far :) So far my journey is going well! I have an apartment on campus with a kitchen so I've been able to have a lot of control over my diet and I go to a large school so I get lots of walking in every days. I honestly have 0 regrets about getting sleeved.

I think my biggest piece of advice as a college student is to keep to a routine and plan your meals. Like always make sure you have good
food on hand in your dorm so you aren't tempted to grab something high carb/high sugar from the dining hall/cafes on campus when you're on the go.

It is hard to keep organized and have a balanced diet with workouts when having so much homework. I have a source to help me write my college essay and maintain my college grades at a good level. https://ca.edubirdie.com/write-my-college-essay is a reliable solution to eliminate headaches about writing tasks and concentrate on the goal of losing weight healthily.
Best of luck with finals and I hope things go well for you!

I understand you, campus cafes also tempt me, and it is hard for me to maintain my right way. I am hoping that I'll manage to deal with keeping both a healthy diet and college success.