Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op diet starts tomorrow!!!

My surgery is May 2nd. My pre op liquid diet started 4 days ago. I'm so hungry! But I know its for the best. I have my pre surgery testing today.

My pre op liquid diet started today and I am stuggling to get the first shake down. My doctored ordered that I use Slim Time but they taste aweful. Any ideas how to make them go down easier?

Also I would love to have some buddies in this process as most of my family is against my decision to have surgery. I am 32 years old, single mom of 2 beautiful girls weighing in at 320lbs, its time for change.

Edited by MarieVSG2017

I'm not sure what brand my shakes are. It was a kit that my doctor made me order. The shakes are tolerable. The chocolate mix is combined with 8 oz. of fat free milk. I drink 4 of these a day, 1 packet of chicken Soup broth mixed with 8oz. of boiling Water. Then I take a peach Fiber drink that is pretty good at night before bed. The Vitamins they have me taking both now and after surgery is a ProCare Multivitamin and 2 calcium citrate vitamins from Celebrate Vitamins each day. The Calcium pills I got in a cherry tart flavor. They are really good. The multivitamin isn't that tasty. As far as the surgery goes, my husband, sister, brother, boss, and a few friends are the only ones that know. I'm not telling extended family because I don't want to hear the negative comments. I am 29 years old, married, and have a 1 year old daughter. My start weight is 258lbs according to the scale last week at my appt.

I'm 27 years old, no kids and I have only told a select few that I am having the surgery. I also didn't want the negativity. My dad seems to have come around now though. He isn't even concerned about the actual surgery anymore he is just worried that I won't be happy after because I won't have the same eating habits as them. Which I am completely okay with. Those habits got me to 300 lbs and as far as I'm concerned this is my new life which means making new and better healthy habits. I am so ready for my sleeve to help me do what I have tried to do for years.

My shakes are tolerable as well but only if they are super cold. I am only allowed to use Water so to make it a little better I have added ice and blended it. If anyone wants to be buddies I have a hangouts or kik. Let me know and I'll let you know how to find me on there! I'm not sure how to do anything else on this app lol

So today I saw my PCP and she gave me my clearance for my surgery. I also got my pre-op lab work done today. Tomorrow starts my 2 week pre-op diet of Optifast. I am so excited! Exactly 14 days till surgery! May 3rd can't come soon enough. Is anyone else early May and want to be buddies?

Hi! Do you already have your approval? I have my final appointment with my PCP tomorrow!

Hi! Do you already have your approval? I have my final appointment with my PCP tomorrow!

Yes my approval came back within about a week after my surgeon submitted for it. I know some insurances take a bit longer though.

My surgery is May 2nd! It's been a rough few days with the pre op diet

Today was my first day. I'm not loving the shakes or the Soup much but the Protein Bars I'm allowed to have made it a bit better. Everyone else is having steaks tonight but I know this is all worth it! If I didn't drink all the Water I have then I would probably be really hungry.

I'm having my surgery 4-27, and have been on shakes for 6 days now. I have 4 more days of shakes, then 2 days of clear liquids. These next 6 days can't go fast enough!!!

I hope everything goes great with your surgery! I am actually doing better this 3rd day. I am down a total of 17.5 lbs since I have started this whole process and it's keeping me motivated. I'm just so excited for this journey to get under way! Keep in touch with how your doing and your progress!

On 4/19/2017 at 7:17 AM, kate_0329 said:

I'm May 2nd also! Pre op diet sucks...simply put! Good luck on your surgery :)

I am May 2nd as well. Started pre opt diet Tuesday so rough, and not looking forward to the weekend. Goodluck

My pre op liquid diet started today and I am stuggling to get the first shake down. My doctored ordered that I use Slim Time but they taste aweful. Any ideas how to make them go down easier?
Also I would love to have some buddies in this process as most of my family is against my decision to have surgery. I am 32 years old, single mom of 2 beautiful girls weighing in at 320lbs, its time for change.

I use the EAS whey Protein Shakes. I like them.. they do not taste bad at all