Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I'm not that far into my journey, but it has been a journey.

My surgery went super well. Doc thought I had a hernia, I didn't. Shewwww

Talk about nausea, wow! If I even swallowed my own saliva, I began to get pukey. Luckily, I had no surgery or gas pain other than my incisions.

So I get home, first few days are cool, and then my husband ate two large hotdogs covered in relish, mustard, and ketchup, with potatoe salad and Cheetos infront of me. My dog and I sat and watched him eat almost every bite, and when I realized that I had become just like my dog, I cried and went into instant surgery regret, like wtf did I do to myself? I wanted that food so bad, I couldn't think straight.

Of course I got over it, it's not like I can reverse what I've done, but smelling and watching some one eat is like torture. And then I realized I am a food addict. I am addicted to food! That made my choice to be sleeved very clear and suddenly it isn't so terrible.

I'm having issues getting my protien and Water requirements in but that will get better. I've been walking, I'm no longer holding my tummy and hissing in pain from my incisions when I stand, and I'm days away from my 7th day. Yay full liquids!

In other words, I'm feeling good. I no longer have regret, I will meet each battle with my head up and this will be the best choice I've ever made for myself other than marrying my amazing and supportive husband who will also be getting the sleeve in a few short weeks.

That is my journey thus far.

I was sleeved 4/13 and it has been a journey. My husband and son also eat in another room, away from me, since I got home. I feel left out because dinner was always our family time to talk about our day. I haven't walked much at all. I will probably start walking outdoors starting tomorrow along with starting stage 2. What a journey, thus far...

Talk about nausea, wow! If I even swallowed my own saliva, I began to get pukey. Luckily, I had no surgery or gas pain other than my incisions.
So I get home, first few days are cool, and then my husband ate two large hotdogs covered in relish, mustard, and ketchup, with potatoe salad and Cheetos infront of me. My dog and I sat and watched him eat almost every bite, and when I realized that I had become just like my dog, I cried and went into instant surgery regret, like wtf did I do to myself? I wanted that food so bad, I couldn't think straight.
Of course I got over it, it's not like I can reverse what I've done, but smelling and watching some one eat is like torture. And then I realized I am a food addict. I am addicted to food! That made my choice to be sleeved very clear and suddenly it isn't so terrible.
I'm having issues getting my protien and Water requirements in but that will get better. I've been walking, I'm no longer holding my tummy and hissing in pain from my incisions when I stand, and I'm days away from my 7th day. Yay full liquids!
In other words, I'm feeling good. I no longer have regret, I will meet each battle with my head up and this will be the best choice I've ever made for myself other than marrying my amazing and supportive husband who will also be getting the sleeve in a few short weeks.

On 4/17/2017 at 9:27 PM, ShannonM said:

I was sleeved 4/18 and I can totally relate to your experience of people eating around you. I just had family in for the weekend for my daughter's birthday and there was all sorts of food. And I had some serious regret!! But then I realized it is more the emotional connection of my brain to food with these experiences. I tried to go back to remembering why I did what I did... I still have moments where I miss my binge sessions, but then I remember I did this so that I could no longer have binge sessions! It's a transformation of body and mind for sure!

It's funny how this journey happens. I really thought I'd feel bad about people eating things in front of me and wondered how I'd cope. Well yesterday one of my family members bought a burger from McDonald's and had it at home and the smell of it made me feel sick! I left the room because it smelled so bad.
So many of those things i thought were nice just arent now. Everything tastes ridiculously sweet to me now, even milk! coffee now even tastes wrong!
So yes mentally getting over those wants when they aren't really what your body wants is the hard part for sure!

Yah I have a food addiction it's horrible I eat to relieve pain or feelings good bad any. I'm going to see a therapist about it before I go in to have my surgery. You guys are the first people I ever spoke to about my food addiction I'm so embarrassed b it. I guess it's just like drugs or drinking it's just food but because it affects my weight I'm embarrassed b it. Do you think b having the sleeve it's really helped your food addiction ?

I was sleeved 4/18 and I can totally relate to your experience of people eating around you. I just had family in for the weekend for my daughter's birthday and there was all sorts of food. And I had some serious regret!! But then I realized it is more the emotional connection of my brain to food with these experiences. I tried to go back to remembering why I did what I did... I still have moments where I miss my binge sessions, but then I remember I did this so that I could no longer have binge sessions! It's a transformation of body and mind for sure!

I was also sleeved 4/18. I have had several episodes of regret...especially walking through the grocery store with my family who can eat. I've actually gotten angry at my partner to for getting milk duds. Then I think about my health and things get a little better. One day at a time!

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app