Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my original sleeve done June/2013. I lost 90 pounds and I gave birth to my baby girl Oct/2015 I have since gained 50 pounds back total. I went back to my initial surgeon's office and was seen by his PA. I spoke to him about how I wasn't feeling very much restriction and that after doing the 5 day pouch test it was not any better. His solution was phentermine. I followed it and I lost maybe 5-7 pounds but regained as soon as I stopped taking them. I have since spoken with a new bariatric group and the physician is wonderful, he has had me do an upper GI which has allowed him to see that I no longer have a "sleeve". This would explain the feeling of no restriction. He has advised that he would recommend either resleeving me or converting me to RNY.

Has anyone been resleeved? What have your results been like? I am not too fond of the idea of RNY for malnutrition/malabsorption issues that I have seen friends dealing with.

I have seen a few posts resleeve, try the search function.

Out of curiosity, did you see the image of your stomach yourself? It would be interesting to see how much it has stretched and how much will be removed.

Moreover what would the stop your stomach from stretching again?

Hope you get some experience responses!

So that means your stomach stretched back out with 50 pd gain? Or surgeon did it incorrectly? Scarrry! Glad you got your sleeve back.

Hi Samantha may I ask the cost of resleeve surgery that you had?

On 4/29/2017 at 11:04 PM, samskiles said:

I was just resleeved on Tuesday. It's possible!

How are things going for you? I am playing the waiting game of insurance approval.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:19 AM, Deactivatedfatgal said:

So that means your stomach stretched back out with 50 pd gain? Or surgeon did it incorrectly? Scarrry! Glad you got your sleeve back.

No he said that I might have had some stretching from the pregnancy but that it probably was not done correctly.

Hi Samantha may I ask the cost of resleeve surgery that you had?

How are things going for you? I am playing the waiting game of insurance approval.

Everything is great! I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow.

How's your progress so far? How do you think you are doing this time around?

I had my sleeve in 2015 and lost 92 pounds. I got pregnant literally 18 months afterwards and gained about 50 pounds during my pregnancy. After I delivered I was able to lose 40 of those pounds, but now I am struggling and I don't feel much restriction at all. As a matter of fact I can eat almost a whole plate of food. I have also tried phentermine and would lose a little then gain it right back. I am now looking into being resleeved as well.

Xi_honey were you approved and if so how did your resleeve go?

I would love to know if insurance covers revisions and what circumstances, if any, this is the case...I have searched my heart out and can’t find any answers in forums-feel I may need an evaluation to consider revision or *something* to address my October 13th ‘19 sleeve with current weight loss(3/24) of only 15lbs post surgery...I am devastated

Edited by DeeNihle

Often revisions are covered when they're because of complications. With the sleeve, quite a few patients develop severe GERD.

Thank you for the helpful response; I hope to find out if revisions due to lack of weight loss efficacy are performed and/or covered. Am stumped as to why I am doing everything right on my end, but getting nowhere...I’m terrified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro