Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Love Gym life now

I had gastric bypass surgery on 1/24/17, and went back to the gym the second week after. I was sore and swollen, but I was more than ready to start losing the weight....plus I vpulndt stand to lay and sit around and only walk around my house. I started light, just walking the track at my local gym, everyday for at least 30 minutes a day. From there I have progressed to running a mile and half, 30 minutes of weight training, and swimming laps in the pool for an hour a day, 4 days a week. I have lost 50 lbs so far and 15 inches. My heaviest weight was 330, pre surgery weight was 274, and now I'm at 224. I'm feeling alive again. The problems I was having with my osteoarthritis have gone down drastically! I'm keeping up with my 3 kids, 2 of which are teenagers, and I'm loving life again! I have changed from one of those people that dreaded walking too long in a store to being one that looks forward to the gym days and hiking trails. I can't wait to see what summer brings!!

I keep trying to upload my pics but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Can anyone explain that please?

Awesome! You are doing fab!

You're giving me hope!! Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Keep up with good work... I try going 3 times a week and do 1 hr weight training + 1/2 hr cardio. Then 2 to 3 times spin class per week + 1/2 Legs... sometimes I only have time to go 4-5 times a week

I had gastric bypass surgery on 1/24/17, and went back to the gym the second week after. I was sore and swollen, but I was more than ready to start losing the weight....plus I vpulndt stand to lay and sit around and only walk around my house. I started light, just walking the track at my local gym, everyday for at least 30 minutes a day. From there I have progressed to running a mile and half, 30 minutes of weight training, and swimming laps in the pool for an hour a day, 4 days a week. I have lost 50 lbs so far and 15 inches. My heaviest weight was 330, pre surgery weight was 274, and now I'm at 224. I'm feeling alive again. The problems I was having with my osteoarthritis have gone down drastically! I'm keeping up with my 3 kids, 2 of which are teenagers, and I'm loving life again! I have changed from one of those people that dreaded walking too long in a store to being one that looks forward to the gym days and hiking trails. I can't wait to see what summer brings!!
I keep trying to upload my pics but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Can anyone explain that please?

I think I figure how to upload pictures...
I replied to your quote, then click on attachment icon
(This app disabled uploading images from gallery, so must be uploaded as attachment)