Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Strictures post sleeve!!

I had my band for 7 years. Had a lot of issues. Converted 3 weeks ago to Sleeve and ended up with stomach emptying issues related to scar, ulcers and adhesions. The Drs back in the US have talked about dialating my pouch or proceeding to Gastric Bypass. Im still unable to tolerate anything but clear liquids... anyone else have problems with your pouch not emptying post sleeve???

Yes, I had the same problem. I was a band to sleeve revision as well and had a lot of problems with the band. I failed the emptying test twice post sleeve with that nasty liquid they made you drink. It turned out there was just a lot of inflammation from the lap band. I spent five days in the hospital and had to slowly heal. I couldn't tolerate liquids for three days. It will all work out. Just give it time.

Yes, I had the same problem. I was a band to sleeve revision as well and had a lot of problems with the band. I failed the emptying test twice post sleeve with that nasty liquid they made you drink. It turned out there was just a lot of inflammation from the lap band. I spent five days in the hospital and had to slowly heal. I couldn't tolerate liquids for three days. It will all work out. Just give it time.

AMJK79 thank you so much for answering. I have felt so alone in this. My best friend had same procedure same day and is doing great. How long until you could tolerate and real food? The most ice been able to get down in a day is 1/2 a yogurt. I'm terrified of needing to move ahead to Gastric bypass. I don't have much viable stomach tissue left. It's a mess.

My Dr back in the US has talked about dialating my pouch or proceeding to full bypass if I'm unable to advance my diet. I don't know if im just wanting progress to fast.... I tried 5 bites of very thin mashed potatoes and kept in down for about 6hrs but it hurt so bad and I was reducing it back up and eventually vomited. I'm getting very discouraged

How long ago was your surgery?

Little over 3 weeks

I am a week out - they kept me an extra day because nothing was passing through where the band had been (it was removed in 2013) - Wednesday- I was finally able to tolerate moving to the Protein shakes- I manage to sip on them for about 30 min and they are going down. I have another week of liquids but the only other things going through are popsicles, Jello, hello pudding, and broths... I am hoping the swelling is going down! They didn't do a follow up image... I would give liquids another week...

Hoping the best for you, revisionsare far far more risky. I was a revision as well and its not beena tough road as yours, but the future may not bode so well

Any advice on what to try and what to avoid. The regular Protein Shakes reflux back up for some reason so I bought the clear liquid juice kind.

To be quite honest, you can cycle through all the prescription ppis until you hopefully find something that works, but at the end of the day if nothing works and you continue to reflux the only option is to revise to Gastric Bypass.

It's mess to be honest and my acid reflux is slowly going out of control si in a couple of years if none of the meds work I will need a third wls.

For now if you're not on prescription meds for acid reflux get your hands on some asap.

I'm already on Protonix and pepcid. I'm not really having acid as much as actual food or drink coming back up because my stomach is not emptying.