Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A lot of criticism on this app

Online communities attract people who are not afraid to speak their mind. There are also plenty of lurkers who never utter a "peep". You have to develop a tough skin to put yourself out anywhere on the internet - even here. There are also wonderful supportive people who you will click with. Focus on them and don't worry about those who communicate differently than you do.

I'm a peep aficionado myself, but unless you ate a carton of them, it's no big. I personally ate a Cadbury egg already and Easter isn't even here :-O

2 hours ago, Middus said:

Very very true. I had just joined this forum when there was some hullabaloo about bannings and vets vs mollycoddled newbies and all.. a few people left and took others with them. I almost followed a friend to the other site, till I noticed the same thing happening.

That's just how life on internet fora is i guess.

I've belonged to another online community about a specific interest for years and you see all the same types of stuff. About every 2-3 years a big chunk of people packs up and goes off in a huff to form a new group somewhere else. It's the ciiiiiiiircle of liiiiiife.

Meanwhile I'm freaking out about my surgery (not until May 22) so this is a nice distraction.

3 hours ago, jfcajr said:

Not one of you is perfect or you wouldn't be here in the first place.

You're right but this is not how this board works. Post something about eating "off plan" and you will get the heat and/or the self-righteous standard sermon from certain users. It's 100% predictable. Some users are calling this - ahem - "tough love".

If users continue to bother you with their style of writing put them on ignore. It's a helpful feature.

3 hours ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

Aside from atrocious taste in Easter candy :), I don't see why anyone would criticize you.

Damn, I want to try these peeps right now. (We have nasty tasting but cute looking Easter candy, too, though. LOL.)

3 hours ago, BigViffer said:

Well, since I was the only one who offered anything that could be construed as "criticism" on your peep thread, I can assume this thread is about me. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I honestly only had your best interest in mind. I did not have any subtle jibes at your expense in any of my posts.

For those unfamiliar with the posts:

That being said, I will no longer post on your threads because now I am judging. I do not deem you worthy of my time nor experience. I have a rather respected reputation on this forum for a simple reason. I don't belittle people on this forum, I don't talk down to them, and I don't do passive aggressive conversations about them. I am upfront about what is fact and what is opinion. I clearly state that whether or not they take my advice or not is perfectly fine with me. Many of the vets that were banned were very harsh, I'm more apathetic.

If you have a problem with me, contact @Alex Brecher or any of the other admins. If I am in the wrong, they will no problem telling me so.

I agree with this completely. I don't see anything wrong whatsoever with honesty, nor do I see how any of those posts cited are berating whatsoever. I think OP is being very sensitive and merely looking for posts that validate their behaviors.

I might as well say that rude people like to validate rudeness..

I said that hypothetically.

What you consider normal, some consider rude. Neither is wrong, neither is right..

How you handle the impasse, is what's important.

Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app

5 minutes ago, Middus said:

It is what it is though.

This is where things cross the line. Criticism of a behavior, or of an opinion, versus attacking people. This is something @BigVifferdid not do, yet you are. I thank you for illustrating exactly what I was talking about.

One would think that the internet teaches people to have thicker skin, yet they find reasons to get upset at even the most trivial things. I1Ll6Ch.gif

It is what it is though.

Sent from my SM-N900P using [mention=252425]BigViffer[/mention]did not do, yet you are. I thank you for illustrating exactly what I was talking about.

One would think that the internet teaches people to have thicker skin, yet they find reasons to get upset at even the most trivial things. I1Ll6Ch.gif

Surely you can see the irony in a person dishing out tough love, then complaining about tough feedback?

Whining about a whiner is still whining..

People that demand others have thick skin should prepare to have theirs tested too. That I learned from teaching adults. It's not as safe as facing anonymous strangers online..

1 minute ago, Middus said:

Surely you can see the irony in a person dishing out tough love, then complaining about tough feedback?

Whining about a whiner is still whining..

People that demand others have thick skin should prepare to have theirs tested too. That I learned from teaching adults. It's not as safe as facing anonymous strangers online..

You can get as angry as you like. Namecalling people is not tough love, that's called ad hominem. It's a terrible substitute for presenting a valid opinion. It's also not so coincidentally against the rules here.

LoL.. I read through the post.. I saw no name calling.

Before the point gets lost in needless and irrelevant back and forths, it still goes back to the same thing.

Decorum is key. some people want to label others as being 'sensitive' for feeling insulted by a post, yet are chagrined when others label them as 'rough mannered'.

Anyway, the thread was a chance for me to air certain opinions...

Long weekend coming up.
Have a good one..

LoL.. I read through the post.. I saw no name calling.

Before the point gets lost in needless and irrelevant back and forths, it still goes back to the same thing.

Decorum is key. some people want to label others as being 'sensitive' for feeling insulted by a post, yet are chagrined when others label them as 'rough mannered'.

Anyway, the thread was a chance for me to air certain opinions...

Long weekend coming up.
Have a good one..

Thank you

Well..I don't like peeps

BUT they are good for one thing, if ya toast them for s'mores the sugar coating burns pretty colors....

(Those darn girl scouts...)