Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The wait/weight is killing me! Lol

Omg. Now that I pulled the trigger to get sleeved the wait is killing me! may 29th feels like light years away...lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is May 15th. Thank God for bariaticpal so we can connect with others going through the same things.

It'll be here before you know it! Mine was just done last Monday and it felt like everything just whizzed by lol.. Good luck!

I remember that feeling!!! I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out but when I decided it do it I was on fire!! Just wanted it done!!!!

hang in there!

Just now, VSG4Mag said:

I remember that feeling!!! I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out but when I decided it do it I was on fire!! Just wanted it done!!!!

hang in there!

How are you feeling? Give us the dirt!! Any pain or complications? Any weight loss? :)

3 hours ago, Aijan said:

How are you feeling? Give us the dirt!! Any pain or complications? Any weight loss?

I feel great!

I just finished up 5 days in Disney World doing 8-12 hour days at tha parks, pushing 75 pound stroller. Lol. I did most rides except I pushed it a bit with the Big thunder Mountain, comes to an abrupt stop and I was a tiny bit sore.

Day one after surgery I felt crappy. I had to be up by 5am for my surgery so I was definilty tired later in the day. I thought I would be up and walkin laps around the place (bc a few people I knew had been just after surgery). I was 2 hours post op and like I'm ready to go, let's walk!! And then 1/2 way down the hall I was like, ok let's go back. 😂 But every 2 hours (even overnight) I got up and walked, each time going further and more steady.

I passed my swallow test with no problem and tolerated the Water, Protein Shake and Jello, so I wasn't out by 1:00 the next day.

They said to catch up on my sleep on my first day home and then I could go to the gym and they wanted as much moving as possible. I don't go to the gym, but I used my eliptical every couple of hours for 5-15 minutes day one and then every couple of hours for 10-20 the next. That helped so much with the gas pain. My gas pain wasn't that bad and was totally gone by day 3. I did use a few gasX strips each day, but I'm not sure if it helped, but it couldn't hurt.

I was driving by day 3, but sore and tired. Since I have kids I couldn't take the narcotics too much (driving, etc) but I took Tylenol during the day and the oxy at night for the first 2 nights home.

I went back to work day 4, but my work pants hurt my incisions (yoga pants we so comfy that I didn't factor in a belt and sitting at a desk) so I only made it 3-4 hours. But day 7 I was back normally with no problems.

My only complication so far was a wicked rash that formed on my abdomen. I took benedryl each night (again can't get doped up on meds when you've got kids depending on you). They weren't sure what was causing it, because it wasn't really around the incisions, lightly all over but heavy on my sides. But it started to get super itchy near the incisions and the glue was coming off (after 8-9 days) so I peeled it off and the next day the rash improved and after that nearly gone. So I'm thinking it was an allergic reaction to the glue they used OR from the stitches.

Either way, if that's my worst complication I'll be blessed.

It WAS hard to get my Protein and water in those first 2 days, but I make it my business to get it in. I over pack stuff for work and travel just to be safe and I track EVERTHING on baritastic (app). That's the most user friendly app for me personally and has been a very valuable tool.

As far as weight loss, I'm hopeful. I'm away now, and I have. Even perfect on my diet. I ordered shakes and had them delivered to the hotel along with some foods I can have (yogurt, cheese) but I will see tomorrow when I weigh in at my mother in laws house.

One big thing I WAS NOT prepared for was the weight gain after surgery. I was UP about 6-8 pounds on my home scale the day I came home. This apparently is common bc they have you on IV from an hour or so before surgery until a few minutes before discharge (which for me, was about 30 hours straight.

I lost that over the first 4-5 days and now I'm about 10 pounds down from surgery.

Since pre-op (about 4 weeks ago) I'm down 20 :)

But I FEEL good. I have energy. I already look visibly better in clothes. I'm starting to see my old shape :)

I'm not sure if they work, but I take Biotin pills (COSTCO) and vitamin patches (patchmd.com) calcium/Vit D, B-12 and multi Vitamin, and biotin plus. I told my PA at the office and she said other patients had good results, so I'm hopeful and I think they are helping with my energy. I'm praying they keep my hair fro falling out, but I've read that it says futile lol

Don't overpack for the hospital. Just comfy clothes to walk in (I'm not a fan of the gown. And comfy clothes for the car ride home (and a pillow to hold over your stomach for the ride home).

Someone posted about dry mouth here and it was helpful. It's NO JOKE. I packed a dry mouth spray and that was good. You can't swallow, but 2 sprays was soaked up immediately in my dry mouth- yuk.

I'm typing on my phone half asleep- so sorry if there are typos

Thank you for sharing!! You sound like things are going great for you!!

I enjoyed reading your journey it was definitely inspiring.

15 minutes ago, Aijan said:

Thank you for sharing!! You sound like things are going great for you!!

I glad you had asked the question. He definitely helped me maintain focus.

I am at a stall and a couple of pounds up according to my mother in laws scale.

I didnt post this to bring down the enthusiasm, but to prepare you. I WAS NOT prepared for a stall or small gain this close out.

When you read, you figure, they must be eating poorly or not drinking or not getting the Protein in....reality check! I've been very strict and here I am at 2 1/2 weeks out. I'm not letting it get to me. I am exercising and getting my Vitamins but I just didn't expect this until maybe a few months into it (if at all).

So im still going strong...but I just want to keep it real. No regrets. Just moving forward.

On 4/9/2017 at 11:03 PM, VSG4Mag said:

I feel great!

I just finished up 5 days in Disney World doing 8-12 hour days at tha parks, pushing 75 pound stroller. Lol. I did most rides except I pushed it a bit with the Big thunder Mountain, comes to an abrupt stop and I was a tiny bit sore.

Day one after surgery I felt crappy. I had to be up by 5am for my surgery so I was definilty tired later in the day. I thought I would be up and walkin laps around the place (bc a few people I knew had been just after surgery). I was 2 hours post op and like I'm ready to go, let's walk!! And then 1/2 way down the hall I was like, ok let's go back. 😂 But every 2 hours (even overnight) I got up and walked, each time going further and more steady.

I passed my swallow test with no problem and tolerated the Water, Protein Shake and Jello, so I wasn't out by 1:00 the next day.

They said to catch up on my sleep on my first day home and then I could go to the gym and they wanted as much moving as possible. I don't go to the gym, but I used my eliptical every couple of hours for 5-15 minutes day one and then every couple of hours for 10-20 the next. That helped so much with the gas pain. My gas pain wasn't that bad and was totally gone by day 3. I did use a few gasX strips each day, but I'm not sure if it helped, but it couldn't hurt.

I was driving by day 3, but sore and tired. Since I have kids I couldn't take the narcotics too much (driving, etc) but I took Tylenol during the day and the oxy at night for the first 2 nights home.

I went back to work day 4, but my work pants hurt my incisions (yoga pants we so comfy that I didn't factor in a belt and sitting at a desk) so I only made it 3-4 hours. But day 7 I was back normally with no problems.

My only complication so far was a wicked rash that formed on my abdomen. I took benedryl each night (again can't get doped up on meds when you've got kids depending on you). They weren't sure what was causing it, because it wasn't really around the incisions, lightly all over but heavy on my sides. But it started to get super itchy near the incisions and the glue was coming off (after 8-9 days) so I peeled it off and the next day the rash improved and after that nearly gone. So I'm thinking it was an allergic reaction to the glue they used OR from the stitches.

Either way, if that's my worst complication I'll be blessed.

It WAS hard to get my Protein and Water in those first 2 days, but I make it my business to get it in. I over pack stuff for work and travel just to be safe and I track EVERTHING on baritastic (app). That's the most user friendly app for me personally and has been a very valuable tool.

As far as weight loss, I'm hopeful. I'm away now, and I have. Even perfect on my diet. I ordered shakes and had them delivered to the hotel along with some foods I can have (yogurt, cheese) but I will see tomorrow when I weigh in at my mother in laws house.

One big thing I WAS NOT prepared for was the weight gain after surgery. I was UP about 6-8 pounds on my home scale the day I came home. This apparently is common bc they have you on IV from an hour or so before surgery until a few minutes before discharge (which for me, was about 30 hours straight.

I lost that over the first 4-5 days and now I'm about 10 pounds down from surgery.

Since pre-op (about 4 weeks ago) I'm down 20 :)

But I FEEL good. I have energy. I already look visibly better in clothes. I'm starting to see my old shape :)

I'm not sure if they work, but I take Biotin pills (COSTCO) and vitamin patches (patchmd.com) calcium/Vit D, B-12 and multi Vitamin, and Biotin plus. I told my PA at the office and she said other patients had good results, so I'm hopeful and I think they are helping with my energy. I'm praying they keep my hair fro falling out, but I've read that it says futile lol

Don't overpack for the hospital. Just comfy clothes to walk in (I'm not a fan of the gown. And comfy clothes for the car ride home (and a pillow to hold over your stomach for the ride home).

Someone posted about dry mouth here and it was helpful. It's NO JOKE. I packed a dry mouth spray and that was good. You can't swallow, but 2 sprays was soaked up immediately in my dry mouth- yuk.

I'm typing on my phone half asleep- so sorry if there are typos

Who was your surgeon? And when you had the rash were you able to get ahold of your surgeon about your complication and did he address it?

I had Dr Eric Sommer out of Ny bariatric group.

I got a doctor on call. I saw he PA a few days later and she was surprised at Joan bad the rash was. As soon as I peeped the glue off it improved (within the day). I used topical benedryl during the day and oral benedryl at night.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:07 PM, k-athy said:

Who was your surgeon? And when you had the rash were you able to get ahold of your surgeon about your complication and did he address it?

Sorry- after Florida I was so busy I have been off the boards.

i replied above

Edited by VSG4Mag