Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like sabotaging today

Lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks & than a 2 week stall which is not budging.....I have been so strict the last week and yet no movement on the scale !!!! I want to eat a bagel and end my misery. I need some support you guys !!!

Do you want us to tell you to eat a bagel or not eat a bagel?

Excuse my ignorance because I am not as far out as you, but if you can eat a bagel in your stage, and want a bagel, keep a supply of low carb ones around. Do you have a low carb store around? There is a middle ground there! I now the feeling. My favorite are everything Bagels, I found a low carb store about a month before surgery to get some.

Eat the bagel, you will be miserable and learn your lesson. Some things are best learned by experience.

Even now at 21 months I am pretty sure a bagel would sit on my stomach like a brick

@Elizabeth R

Maybe 6 months plus when your internal swelling is down and your staple line is healed. Early on a bagel, low carb or full carb is going to be painful as hell.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@snapy17 - Have you taken your measurements recently? Sometimes the body changes, but the scale doesn't move. And go eat some Protein. You just sound like your hangry. Do not climb back down the carb hole.

Didn't eating carbs and lot's of them including Bagels get us all on this forum to the point of needing to have gastric surgery and having 70-80% of our stomachs removed? If the answer to that question is yes then I think you know the answer on eating the bagel. Good luck and God Bless you! :):1311_thumbsup_tone2:

I hit stalls every time my post op diet advanced. Hang in there you will start losing again!

Stalls are really common during this journey. This won't be the last one. If you cave every time you have a stall, you won't ever be successful long term. So my advice is to just keep to your plan, meet your Protein and Water goals, and stay away from the carbs.

Aside from all of that, at 8 weeks post-op, eating a bagel could be dangerous. Please don't do it.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, snapy17 said:

Tell me what you would tell yourself in this situation

It's more than 24 hours later. Do you still want that bagel?

On 4/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, snapy17 said:

Lol
Funny.
Tell me what you would tell yourself in this situation

Well handled!!! you clearly stated you were looking for support and encouragement. Don't know where that response came from. :)

Personally? I'd wait longer before breaking my protocol diet. Have you been measuring yourself?? You know what happens to me? I don't lose but I keep shrinking. I guess I'm building a ton of muscle but I've gone from a size 16 to a size 12 with only losing 10 lbs. lol! Sometimes it doesn't make sense.

Also, it's OK to have some carbs sometimes. I was cutting out all carbs and then I was told I needed to add some back in. That was crazy! lol! I know it's frustrating but keep in mind that our metabolisms are so strange and it's hard to figure out exactly whats going on sometimes. The body doesn't like to lose weight this quickly so sometimes the metabolism will slow down tremendously. We just have to persevere through these times and try not to internalize it as if you've done something wrong. You haven't. Your body is just stubborn.

So keep walking, keep drinking your Water, keep hitting your Protein goals and feel GREAT knowing you are doing everything you can to maximize this initial weight loss period. If you are feeling discouraged I recommend you do something physical you were incapable of doing before. So for me I just bend over and tie my shoes, I then run my hands up my calfs and along my ankle, I feel the bones start showing. I then feel my wrists, wrap my fingers around it and see how much smaller they are. Feel up my forearms and collar bone. I like to physically feel the evidence of my weight loss. It lifts my mood and spirit so quickly. My body slowly revealing itself to me and my increased mobility are THE most satisfying and motivating factors of this entire process for me. So maybe it will help you feel re-encouraged and make you realize that a Stall is not a Reversal or a Stop. It's just a pause while your body processes all we've been doing to it.