Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rant: I had gastric sleeve surgery 12/2/2015. My highest weight was 307 pounds and my current weight is roughly 194 pounds. I moved to Florida late last year after my divorce and I have received the most attention I have ever gotten in my life. Guys would stare, give me a compliment or speak but never ask me out. A friend suggested I try online dating. I tried eHarmony, Plenty of Fish, Ok Cupid and Black People Meet. I made sure to have friends look at my profile so they could tell me if my online profile was decent or not. I do not talk provocative and my pictures are appropriate.

I have gotten rid of every profile except eHarmony, but as soon as my subscription ends, I will cancel that too. I have gone on a few dates and the men who ask me out are nothing but freaking liars! They are either conceited, selfish, demanding or downright just looking for sex. My profile clearly states I am looking for a relationship, yet guys would ask to exchange pictures without even asking me for my name. And the guys who say they want a relationship on their profile eventually show their true colors and in the end you find out that they're just looking for someone to jump in bed with. Matter of fact, men would ask me to come visit them or if they could visit me, and that's just after communicating on the first day. WTF??? Are you not concerned about diseases??? The last guy who sent me a message on POF (Plenty of Fish) asked to meet him for drinks and was incapable of holding an decent conversation. I told him it was obvious he was looking for a hook-up and that's not me, and I wished him the best.

I have gotten to the point where I am no longer interested in dating. Some people has found the love of their life online but I don't think it's for me. I have accepted the fact that being single is the way to go, that way I won't have to bother with being disappointed.

Ok, rant over. LOL.

With that being said, I am looking for friends, just people to hang out with. Anyone want to just have coffee? I am a sucker for a good coffee, Cappuccino or latte. If you're in South Florida, let's grab a cup, as a friend :)

Rant: I had gastric sleeve surgery 12/2/2015. My highest weight was 307 pounds and my current weight is roughly 194 pounds. I moved to Florida late last year after my divorce and I have received the most attention I have ever gotten in my life. Guys would stare, give me a compliment or speak but never ask me out. A friend suggested I try online dating. I tried eHarmony, Plenty of Fish, Ok Cupid and Black People Meet. I made sure to have friends look at my profile so they could tell me if my online profile was decent or not. I do not talk provocative and my pictures are appropriate.
I have gotten rid of every profile except eHarmony, but as soon as my subscription ends, I will cancel that too. I have gone on a few dates and the men who ask me out are nothing but freaking liars! They are either conceited, selfish, demanding or downright just looking for sex. My profile clearly states I am looking for a relationship, yet guys would ask to exchange pictures without even asking me for my name. And the guys who say they want a relationship on their profile eventually show their true colors and in the end you find out that they're just looking for someone to jump in bed with. Matter of fact, men would ask me to come visit them or if they could visit me, and that's just after communicating on the first day. WTF??? Are you not concerned about diseases??? The last guy who sent me a message on POF (Plenty of Fish) asked to meet him for drinks and was incapable of holding an decent conversation. I told him it was obvious he was looking for a hook-up and that's not me, and I wished him the best.
I have gotten to the point where I am no longer interested in dating. Some people has found the love of their life online but I don't think it's for me. I have accepted the fact that being single is the way to go, that way I won't have to bother with being disappointed.
Ok, rant over. LOL.
With that being said, I am looking for friends, just people to hang out with. Anyone want to just have coffee? I am a sucker for a good coffee, Cappuccino or latte. If you're in South Florida, let's grab a cup, as a friend [emoji4]

I think online dating is very difficult. I've met many guys and gals online in person and had four online relationships turn real life. I can honestly say that one is not connecting online with people as they would in real life. Online the connections are short, too easy to sever, and it's too easy to lie or fantasize online. Most people at online dating sites are looking for an easy lay.

Even if you click with someone online, once meeting them happens a person is no longer able to fill in the blanks with what they assumed about a person. This is why it's better to meet someone right away.

E-Harmony is a great place to meet people but you must be very clear about what you want. Also very honest.

It can happen, but you've got to wade through thousands of rocks just to find one diamond.

I think you're better off meeting someone at a meet up, the local library, or some place where you have an interest - this way you meet someone who already has that common interest from the get go. For some it's church or a class they take revolving around a hobby.

I'm sorry you've met so many creeps, sadly most guys just aren't that deep sometimes. They all want the sex. lol.

I wish you the absolute best.

Not only disease, what about train wreck, stalkers you never get exactly what you're reading, I stay single, go out with friends and keep it simple, believing in fate is how I feel and it will happen when we quit looking. The attention is great and the right guy will have the nerve or class to not just gawk at you but ask you out like a decent human being. Revel in your new body and let them take notice. I can't wait til my surgery so I can have me all gawking again, have fun with it.!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

After, reading your post the sights your on are exactly that hook up
Sights. There are good decent hard working men who desire the same thing you desire to be in a committed relationship. At one time I had the same issue I met my wife at. We were first friends and because lovers now we're married with two children don't give up your perfect man is out there

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Lexigurl82 said:

Ok, rant over. LOL.

With that being said, I am looking for friends, just people to hang out with. Anyone want to just have coffee? I am a sucker for a good coffee, Cappuccino or latte. If you're in South Florida, let's grab a cup, as a friend :)

The latter part of the 20th century and into the 21st century has witnessed a revolution in communication with the advent of the internet, social media and online dating. During its infancy, online dating used to be considered a crutch for those who had "no game" or were socially awkward and didn't have the skills to meet others at various social gathering, bars, taverns, outings etc.

Here we are in 2017 and online dating has become so mainstream with so many people swearing by its effectiveness that even the smallest of dating websites can turn its developer into a millionaire within a year. With all the positives that online dating can have there is a dark underbelly which your rant, very sincerely written, reveals.

This technological marvel of the internet allows us to become more connected to one another than any other time in human history. Yet at the same time, we're becoming more disconnected from one another than we ever have been. How many times have you seen friends out to dinner and all three or four of them aren't talking and socializing....their on their phones or tablets, checking Facebook for the latest drama, Instagram for the pictures and videos and every other activity except communicating with the ones they wanted to spend their time with at the table.

This behavior has side effects. It is reflected very evidently in online dating. The anonymity of the internet allows men and women to become whomever they choose to reveal to you. That prospective life partner whose profile you have found with the nice pictures claims to want all the same things you do, has the same interests, ready for a real relationship. Like the old adage says, "Oh what a wicked web we weave when we practice to deceive." It doesn't take long to see through the gaps and the holes which are created in that web of deceit. It's not easy to maintain a lie, it's an unnatural response for the human body to maintain proficiency at it (except for sociopaths, they are masters of the game - and I think most live on Capitol Hill in congress personally...but I digress)

Whether its Match, eHarmony, POF, or Tinder, it is essential that both men and women approach each profile of interest under the assumption that this person is not being truthful. In reality, none of us are; or we would list our idiosyncrasies and negative traits as well as all the self promoting adjectives we inscribe to our profiles. It is incumbent upon the interested party expressing an interest in you to demonstrate they are worthy of your time and that means they should have gone through your narrative and interests, not once but a few times. They need to invest themselves in communication and be willing to move as slow as you are comfortable with. They make the job much easier when they claim they just want a hook up or trade pictures etc. In this field of potential suitors there are copious amounts of chaff covering the quality wheat, and if we are to truly reap the benefits of online dating then we also need to be able to sift and burn off the chaff to eventually expose the wheat to nourish a potential relationship. Long winded, but I hoped it helped.

Edited by Guest
grammatical