Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stresses of pre op (money and life)

I am in month 2 of 4 of my pre op stages. I have good days and bad days. Today is a bad day.

I just keep thinking to myself, "is it worth all this money?" I keep getting bill after bill for each appointment, and then I keep thinking, Jesus dude, I still have to pay $6,000 for surgery!! Like, why am I doing this to myself? I'm trying to live my life and do things and I can't because I have to save every penny extra for all these appointments and the huge expense of surgery. My boyfriend is very good at getting me to see the big picture but when I am sitting here stuck in my head I stress myself out so much about it. Not only am I going to have life altering surgery, I'm going to pay a life altering amount of money for it. That money could go toward a house, my retirement account, or a wedding!

But I just keep thinking of the phrase "invest in yourself".

I could spend $6,000 on gym, special diets, or junk food in one year.

To look at it that way puts it into such a different perspective. I can change my life for less than $10,000 and lose this weight, be happier and healthier, and live a longer life and spend my old age with my amazing partner and my future children. That's what gets me. Those future children. I have to be healthy for them and teach them how to live a healthy life!

I guess I just need to remember "invest in yourself, and think about those future kids"

I guess I just needed to rant. No one around me understand what's happening in my head and you guys make my day better because you know what it's like.

That is exactly what I repeat to myself "invest in yourself, it's about time" I dam near spent almost all my taxes on this lol and i wanted to use that money for my vacation in December. But what's the point of going on vacation if I have to call for weight limits for things like kayak, horse riding, zip lining. I'd rather spent whatever on making sure I have no more limits on life, to be healthy. And if this surgery can increase my chances of having children then amen! Lol. This is an investment and will continue to be an investment if you think of the cost of Vitamins, plastic surgery, and healthy food which for some reason is so much more expensive than junk food lol. If this is what you really want then go for it! Maybe learn to budget so you can accommodate this new lifestyle, that is the stage I am in now and my surgery is in 2 weeks. But I am one of those people who like to prep/plan ahead lol. But good luck! And you got this, just remember it will be worth it in the long run 😉

I hear your rant. We love rants! Rants make us stronger and better! I am so proud of you, look how far you've come! You are really doing great! We support you 100%. 6,000 is only cake money! And we eat cake, we are gonna get through this and get it done! And beat fat's ass!

5 hours ago, mareana said:

"invest in yourself"

You could not be more right about this. Yes it's expensive, it's time consuming and it's definitely hard to accomplish and stick with but it is so worth it. To have that much more life to live, to be able to keep up your small children, even grandchildren makes our food sacrifices worth the struggle we face today. I'm definitely doing this for my future, what else is there?

That is exactly what I repeat to myself "invest in yourself, it's about time" I dam near spent almost all my taxes on this lol and i wanted to use that money for my vacation in December. But what's the point of going on vacation if I have to call for weight limits for things like kayak, horse riding, zip lining. I'd rather spent whatever on making sure I have no more limits on life, to be healthy. And if this surgery can increase my chances of having children then amen! Lol. This is an investment and will continue to be an investment if you think of the cost of Vitamins, plastic surgery, and healthy food which for some reason is so much more expensive than junk food lol. If this is what you really want then go for it! Maybe learn to budget so you can accommodate this new lifestyle, that is the stage I am in now and my surgery is in 2 weeks. But I am one of those people who like to prep/plan ahead lol. But good luck! And you got this, just remember it will be worth it in the long run [emoji6]

I'm a planner too! I am trying to plan every single detail but it's hard when it's four months away and I get frustrated because I can't make a solid plan. I'm trying to set a budget but it's hard when you get unexpected bills. I know it'll be all right and it will all be worth it but at this stage I'm just like, why the heck am I doing this?! But you just have to focus on the big picture. It will be so worth it next summer when I can wear shorts and a short dress and a bikini and not care!!! Even if I have lose skin I don't care!! [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Can you find a part time seasonal job to help you reach this goal? YOU are worth every penny this is going to take.

As far as saving for a wedding - think how much easier it will be to find a dress on a sale rack after you reach your healthier weight.

You are worth it . Losing weight $6000.00 ..reducing diabetes high blood pressure cancer .
priceless!!!! Love to u