Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orbera Balloon Next Week!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Rachel93 said:

1.Best Lap band Dr.

2. Cheapest Cost but top quality

3. Obesity Control Center has great reviews but I saw it cost 7500 is this correct for a lapband

4. Anybody out there know of one cheaper that is great

5. Last I will buy any insurance anywhere if it would help in the us I was thinking of blue shield of Ca.

I hope someone can help. I don't usually whine, but my daughter and are FIGHTING for our lives. I adopted her at 6 months and we have had a difficult journey with disabilities but she is actually making it except she wants this Lap Band She is very smart and like me she know what she want. She needs it, her weight continue to climb and yes everyone advises there method to not be obese but it obviously doesn't work. Anyway I need a Dr. thank you if you were able to muddle through these request.

Just now, Rachel93 said:

I am hearing negative reviews about the band if it worked for you Would you message me and who and Cost Thanks

I am Rachel I had a duodenal switch years ago. It worked as a matter of fact it worked too much I had it revised by dr. Crook and I am fine. I am on here today looking for help for my daughter

if anyone is i tersted in any advice on Duodenal Switch I can help you out.

I hope everyone has the best results and heals on the inside as well as the outside. Society judges too much., but you know that I bet

The balloon went in on a Wednesday and came out the next day. I was in so much pain when I woke up from having the balloon inserted and they sent me home at a nine pain scale. I could not drink or obviously eat. I was in an enormous amount of pain and could not stop vomiting. After paging my doctor three times in the middle of the night with no reply I was done and demanded to have it removed and it's just not for me. They said that I'm in this very small percentage of people who cannot tolerate the balloon. Disappointing but it was an unbearable 24 hours.

Edited by chpstick2u

The balloon went in on a Wednesday and came out the next day. I was in so much pain when I woke up from having the balloon inserted and they sent me home at a nine pain scale. I could not drink or obviously eat. I was in an enormous amount of pain and could not stop vomiting. After paging my doctor three times in the middle of the night with no reply I was done and demanded to have it removed and it's just not for me. They said that I'm in this very small percentage of people who cannot tolerate the balloon. Disappointing but it was an unbearable 24 hours.

Oh my! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Why on earth would they ever send you home at a pain scale of 9? Honestly, I hope they give you your money back.

Best wishes and I'm glad your feeling better now!

@chpstick2u: Good grief. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's shocking, really. I did not feel anything immediately after (it was the calm before the storm) and felt fine when I left the hospital. I understand that a lot of people do - they typically don't start having issues until they get home and the drugs wear off. But even then, I didn't feel pain, I just felt crummy and queasy. I did not throw up until the next AM and even that was not much ... after that I felt a lot better. I'm so very sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Everyone reacts differently ... some people don't get sick at all!! Crazy.

Have you already had it removed? If so, hope that went well. If that's still coming up, hope it's uneventful. Regardless, best wishes to you on your future endeavors.

@chpstick2u

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I'm surprised the hospital released you like that. They wouldn't release me until I could eat and manage my pain. They don't want to release people and have them go home and starve.

If I had a BMI around 30 and no comorbidities, I would just have Lipo, same cost and at least it is perm

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

For $5500 you can go to Mexico and get a sleeve or bypass. I would never do the ballon.

8 minutes ago, FloraBama Girl said:

For $5500 you can go to Mexico and get a sleeve or bypass. I would never do the ballon.

I did the balloon and had great, non-invasive success. Every person, every experience, every need is different. I would never tell people to run and and get a balloon, nor would I tell them to have have an invasive - and permanent - WLS. People need to research each option carefully, determining which is best for them. Part of that research is understanding the risks and the fact that you may be one of the few who suffers really adverse effects. The worst part about that is that there is no way to know in advance how your body will respond ... and that's true for any surgery. I think chpstick2u did her homework and made an informed decision like the rest of us, but was one of the unfortunate few who had a bad result. That is precisely why I am happy to share my experiences and advice with folks, but I also tell them that they're no guarantees. And, frankly, I've seen more issues with traditional WLS surgery than I have with balloons ... so no procedures should be taken lightly. Regardless, what may be good for one person may not be right for the next (i.e. when it comes to these things, there are no absolutes). Having said that, I personally would never go to Mexico for surgery, but that's a personal choice. To each his own.

The way the ballon is being used and marketed in the US compared to Europe is immoral and unethical. Which is typical for US healthcare in general.

Average price is more like $7k in Atlanta.

On 5/11/2017 at 12:28 PM, OutsideMatchInside said:

The way the ballon is being used and marketed in the US compared to Europe is immoral and unethical. Which is typical for US healthcare in general.

Can you tell us how it is marketed differently in the US? I’m just curious. I knkw that it was approved there a lot earlier than here.