Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 3 years out; post VSG and I am working out most days of the week. I eat pretty clean. I can't loose anymore weight; I've lost 95 lbs and now I'm up 15 lbs. it saddens me to see the scale going in the wrong direction. Especially since I am working so hard. I've even gotten so desperate that I've tried to take Phentermine but it actually makes me feel hungrier 😫 I keep on trying and nothing is working. I meal prep my lunches most of the time. I do not wanna gain weight but I feel like it's just happening. Slowly but surely. I can gain weight more daily since having the surgery, I feel like I am developing a bad relationship with food because I'm so confused on what I should be eating. I have cut out so much from my typical diet i.e.; beef, pork, bread, Pasta, rice (unless I go for 🍣 sushi), no juice or soda, I typically use Splenda in your coffee, I will sometimes have a sweet treat. My sweet tooth is ridiculous and I have to fight it often. Anyone have any tips I can try. Recently heard of the 5:2 method and will be starting that. I've tried the 5 day pouch test, kerogenic diet etc.... I gotta loose 30 lbs now. I wanna see myself get there!

You should get in touch with your nutritionist. Maybe they can help you through this in a healthy way. You've done so much hard work. It's time to stop this gain and it's ok to ask for help

I'm new to VSG so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Have you tried back to basics? Protein first, sip Water all day, less than 25 carbs, 80-100g of protein. Track on MyFitnessPal to keep account? You still have the tool in place if it was done right. Use it to your advantage. Find the inner mojo you had to lose that 95 pounds.

We understand that WLS is not a quick fix. You still have to work the plan and keep it for life.

Your a vet at this so you know what I'm talking about.

You got what you need to drop those 15 and more.

Take care

2 hours ago, JenH76 said:

You should get in touch with your nutritionist. Maybe they can help you through this in a healthy way. You've done so much hard work. It's time to stop this gain and it's ok to ask for help

I've been actually looking for a nutritionist / dietician that specializes in post VSG. Since our eating is different. I spoke with one at my job and they were basically saying I should eat the "pyramid" and not be so restrictive. I just feel like they didn't quite get it. They were saying since I workout I also should be eating 60-80 grams of carbs per day 😳 NOT GONNA HAPPEN. But I'm gonna keep searching I know there's one around that can lead me in the right direction. Because feeling like my sleeve is broke just breaks my heart. Thanks for posting ur response; I needed to hear that.

1 hour ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

Tracking? Carbs? Calories?

When was your plateau?

I've been using My a fitness pal to track my intake but to honest not religiously at all. I hit a plateau almost 12 months ago and I just loose and gain the same 6 lbs. I've gained a total of 15 back from my lowest post- op weight. I don't know what to do. I set my calorie goal at 1300 on my fitness pal but I never reach that.

I've been actually looking for a nutritionist / dietician that specializes in post VSG. Since our eating is different. I spoke with one at my job and they were basically saying I should eat the "pyramid" and not be so restrictive. I just feel like they didn't quite get it. They were saying since I workout I also should be eating 60-80 grams of carbs per day [emoji15] NOT GONNA HAPPEN. But I'm gonna keep searching I know there's one around that can lead me in the right direction. Because feeling like my sleeve is broke just breaks my heart. Thanks for posting ur response; I needed to hear that.

You're welcome sweetie. Keep looking. Even of you can do an online consult with a VSG nutritionist. You can so this!

21 hours ago, mevette30 said:

I've been using My a fitness pal to track my intake but to honest not religiously at all. I hit a plateau almost 12 months ago and I just loose and gain the same 6 lbs. I've gained a total of 15 back from my lowest post- op weight. I don't know what to do. I set my calorie goal at 1300 on my fitness pal but I never reach that.

You still never said what you actually eat. What are your daily macros? Do you weigh all your food? Get a food scale

Give up the splenda, switch to Stevia, a stevia from the health food store, not the fake stuff in the grocery store.

Try going back to Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch. Have low carb high Protein dinner. Protein shake at bedtime. I did this to lose the 14# I gained over Christmas.