Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for July, Anyone else?

16 minutes ago, Texusa said:

I am on day 7 of this liquid diet and all I can say is I'm HUNGRY! This is so hard. I have 6 more days to go.

You're more than half way there! Great work :) Hunger comes and goes. A complication during surgery because of not following the plan might last forever. I'm on the 6th of July so I'm in the same boat.

Every time I get through a craving I give myself either a mental or sometimes literal pat on the back. These experiences are all small successes and deserve to be acknowledged, you'll be done in no time!:1313_thumbsup_tone4:

22 hours ago, mamaward64 said:

I am so miserable bit I am pushing through. I have to drink 4 Optifast (gag) shakes a day and lots of Water. I can drink broth eat Jello and popsicles. I am praying its all worth it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had some sugar free Jello last night and it was the best thing I've ever eaten!

I got my authorization today! This just got really real, you know? I've been working toward this since January, and it's so soon! In three weeks and two days I will be on the other side. Yikes!

News! We need updates! Shami, dedicatedlady, emmapat14, mamaward64, theunrealjohn, connie2775, HOW IS EVERYONE DOING??? (I apologize if I missed someone, this is a long thread!)

Update us! We want to know!

Edited by kitmouse

I was sleeved on July 10. Here's my update 6 days out: my program had me on liquids until post-op day three. Now I'm in the midst of purees. I can eat a couple level tablespoons of purees, tops. I've been eating two meals of Protein purees, such as chicken puréed with Bone Broth, and replacing one meal a day with a Protein Shake to help me get in fluids and protein. I've been able to get in around 40-45 grams of protein a day in these last couple days and around 40 ounces of Water. I'm hoping I'll be up to at least 60 grams of protein and 64 ounces of water a day by next week some time. My pain is totally minimal at this point. I'm really feeling great and already so happy that I made the decision to go through with this. I have a little bit of an appetite but I'm totally satisfied with the tiny portions I've been eating. Good luck to all the July sleevers coming up and I can't wait to hear how everyone one else is doing post-op!

I'm 8 days post op. Today is my 37 birthday and I hit 50 pounds lost :) 9 of those since surgery.

Pain after surgery was no joke. But the pain was never in my stomach it was always in my collar bone area. Gas I think. But they were really good about keeping up with meds. They had me on a pump so I was pretty well covered. Until they started making me drink liquid tylonol and crushed pain pills...yuck!

For me I don't have bad days, good days. I have good and bad moments of the day. Mornings are bad because my stomach is very empty and it hurts. I normally feel better after a shake.

Scrambled eggs, sugar free pop cycles, mashed potatoes and shakes are pretty much what I've been living on. I did try cream of wheat and that sat pretty well. I stop after a little while because I've yet to feel full and I'm afraid to get to that point.

Physically I'm doing well. I've been doing laundry and when grocery shopping. Lots of walking. I'm lucky having 5 kiddos because it means I have lots of help with the picking up and moving stuff. I'm down to one or two pain pills a day and tylonol the rest of the time.

5 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

I was sleeved on July 10. Here's my update 6 days out: my program had me on liquids until post-op day three. Now I'm in the midst of purees. I can eat a couple level tablespoons of purees, tops. I've been eating two meals of Protein purees, such as chicken puréed with bone broth, and replacing one meal a day with a Protein shake to help me get in fluids and protein. I've been able to get in around 40-45 grams of protein a day in these last couple days and around 40 ounces of Water. I'm hoping I'll be up to at least 60 grams of protein and 64 ounces of Water a day by next week some time. My pain is totally minimal at this point. I'm really feeling great and already so happy that I made the decision to go through with this. I have a little bit of an appetite but I'm totally satisfied with the tiny portions I've been eating. Good luck to all the July sleevers coming up and I can't wait to hear how everyone one else is doing post-op!

Oh yeah I'm almost never hungry! But the head hunger is real. I find myself craving bad crap like chips. Or like today I would love to have a piece of cake. But if I'm busy doing something and being distracted I have no real hunger.

How do you bring yourself to eat puree meat? I know I should but I just can't:( I made egg salad and pureed that. It was like eating the guts of a deviled egg lol so good.

I've been using the baby spoons and toddler plates and that's really helped with over eating or eating too fast.

Oh yeah I'm almost never hungry! But the head hunger is real. I find myself craving bad crap like chips. Or like today I would love to have a piece of cake. But if I'm busy doing something and being distracted I have no real hunger.
How do you bring yourself to eat puree meat? I know I should but I just can't:( I made egg salad and pureed that. It was like eating the guts of a deviled egg lol so good.
I've been using the baby spoons and toddler plates and that's really helped with over eating or eating too fast.

I really seasoned the chicken well and grilled it, then puréed it in Bone Broth, so it's more like a super thick Soup than anything. I made home made baby food for all of my kids, so it kind of got me over the puréed meat thing! Commercial baby food puréed "meat" is really disgusting. I'm going to have to try puréed egg salad. That sounds amazing. I have done some scrambled eggs, which my program allows us to eat without them being puréed. Those taste really good.

33 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

I was sleeved on July 10. Here's my update 6 days out: my program had me on liquids until post-op day three. Now I'm in the midst of purees. I can eat a couple level tablespoons of purees, tops. I've been eating two meals of Protein purees, such as chicken puréed with bone broth, and replacing one meal a day with a Protein shake to help me get in fluids and protein. I've been able to get in around 40-45 grams of protein a day in these last couple days and around 40 ounces of Water. I'm hoping I'll be up to at least 60 grams of protein and 64 ounces of Water a day by next week some time. My pain is totally minimal at this point. I'm really feeling great and already so happy that I made the decision to go through with this. I have a little bit of an appetite but I'm totally satisfied with the tiny portions I've been eating. Good luck to all the July sleevers coming up and I can't wait to hear how everyone one else is doing post-op!

It sounds like you're doing great! I'm still trying to accept the reality that a couple of spoonfuls a couple of times a day will keep me satisfied and healthy...guess I'll see when I get there!

31 minutes ago, surviving5 said:

I'm 8 days post op. Today is my 37 birthday and I hit 50 pounds lost :) 9 of those since surgery.

Pain after surgery was no joke. But the pain was never in my stomach it was always in my collar bone area. Gas I think. But they were really good about keeping up with meds. They had me on a pump so I was pretty well covered. Until they started making me drink liquid tylonol and crushed pain pills...yuck!

For me I don't have bad days, good days. I have good and bad moments of the day. Mornings are bad because my stomach is very empty and it hurts. I normally feel better after a shake.

Scrambled eggs, sugar free pop cycles, mashed potatoes and shakes are pretty much what I've been living on. I did try cream of wheat and that sat pretty well. I stop after a little while because I've yet to feel full and I'm afraid to get to that point.

Physically I'm doing well. I've been doing laundry and when grocery shopping. Lots of walking. I'm lucky having 5 kiddos because it means I have lots of help with the picking up and moving stuff. I'm down to one or two pain pills a day and tylonol the rest of the time.

What a magnificent birthday present. Congratulations!

27 minutes ago, surviving5 said:

Ooohhh, seriously, this whole 6 months prep time I've been unable to even think about puréed meat. I still get completely grossed out at the thought. I can totally picture puréed egg salad, though. It's so close to puréed already!

I've been thinking about toddler dishes/utensils but I don't have kids, never have. I can't picture myself eating off of Dora the Explorer or Nemo, honestly. What I DO have, however, is an extensive collection of unique dishes in all shapes and sizes. I intend to indulge myself with those. :)

28 minutes ago, Mattrix said:

I had my sleeve July 11th and I'm not actually hungry very often but I'm always head hungry

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

What are you trying to combat that? I'm nervous about the head hunger and no way to sooth it, myself. Any tips would be appreciated!