Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for July, Anyone else?

so i went in for blood work today. even though im approved by insurance for my vsg surgery, i still have to get my a1c below 8.0. ive been working extra hard since april when i got it down from 10.0 to 9.0. fingers crossed. i still have 6 weeks left to continue and be more restrictive and im sure the pre op liquid diet will help tremendously. fingers crossed and prayers would be helpful :(

I was scheduled for July 3rd and got bumped up to June 5rh! So I'm 4 days PostOp. I'm so relieved it's over! I'm sore but doing really well. I'm excited for the future!
I'm still overwhelmed, but getting the hang of it.

In so happy for you! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Yay Nmelo723 you must be excited! Also nervous while waiting for insurance to approve. That seems to be a common problem. Why make people wait and stress out, their probably stressing out about the surgery a bit anyways. I'm sure you'll be approved and join the July list with all of us :) you'll do great!

Yay for everyone who is already scheduled! Me, not so much. :(

Yesterday my dermatologist called. I need to be tested for a surgical tape allergy--my surgeon insists, which is right and good and I have no objection to that. But they had to reschedule my appointment to be tested to July 24th! My last weigh-in with my surgeon is JUNE 22. I keep telling myself that it's perfect, I'll have time for my last nutrition appointment, time to get insurance approval, time to schedule surgery around my own patient schedule, time to save up more PTO for work...but it still feels like forever and a day away. It's just getting further away, not closer!

On 5/24/2017 at 11:45 AM, surviving5 said:

I just got my date . I'm scheduled for July 12. Very excited, but kinda nervous too! Big changes ahead...

Yay for everyone who is already scheduled! Me, not so much.
Yesterday my dermatologist called. I need to be tested for a surgical tape allergy--my surgeon insists, which is right and good and I have no objection to that. But they had to reschedule my appointment to be tested to July 24th! My last weigh-in with my surgeon is JUNE 22. I keep telling myself that it's perfect, I'll have time for my last nutrition appointment, time to get insurance approval, time to schedule surgery around my own patient schedule, time to save up more PTO for work...but it still feels like forever and a day away. It's just getting further away, not closer!

I feel your pain :( I've had my surgery date since March. Everyone tries to remind you that some people don't even get this opportunity and be grateful...blah blah . But it's still disappointing when you're jumping all the hoops and it's still taking forever. But you will get there honest. *hugs*

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Well my tentative July 6th has been changed to either June 29th or July 13th. Should know definitively tonight.

HW-292

SW- date 7/6/17

CW-268

1 hour ago, jimp444 said:

I just got my date . I'm scheduled for July 12. Very excited, but kinda nervous too! Big changes ahead...

You got this! Congrats on the date!

With July just around the corner, I sat down and started writing list. My hospital bag, what Vitamins and my daily diet goals. I found myself feeling a bit lost as to what exactly I needed to be eating after surgery. I know my hospital doesn't require liquids they jump straight to soft foods.

Has anyone else felt the need to write stuff down and research a little more since surgery is getting closer?

Yay Nmelo723 you must be excited! Also nervous while waiting for insurance to approve. That seems to be a common problem. Why make people wait and stress out, their probably stressing out about the surgery a bit anyways. I'm sure you'll be approved and join the July list with all of us [emoji4] you'll do great!

I was very excited!! Currently trying not to get my hopes up too high just in case, I'm leaving it in Gods hands. Although I do have a good feeling about it. Fingers crossed🤞🏻🤞🏻

With July just around the corner, I sat down and started writing list. My hospital bag, what Vitamins and my daily diet goals. I found myself feeling a bit lost as to what exactly I needed to be eating after surgery. I know my hospital doesn't require liquids they jump straight to soft foods.

Has anyone else felt the need to write stuff down and research a little more since surgery is getting closer?

I have also started writing lists. Even though my surgery hasn't been approved yet I was given a surgery date. I've gone out and bought different Proteins in bulk since we will be drinking them through out all stages post op and since our taste buds might change I didn't want to risk just buying one kind & end up disliking it or not tolerating it. In my hospital we finish the liquids phase whilst there. But it's good to get broth and sugar free Jello, veggie juice , crystal light and sugar free juices as back up since we never know what our new stomachs will tolerate. For the soft foods stage I've gotten apple sauce and when the surgery date is closer I will buy fruits and veggies to puree. Although my hospital doesn't require puréed food during the soft foods stage, they rather you chew chew chew until the food is puréed in your mouth; but maybe I won't be too good at first with the thorough chewing. For hospital bag Ive read that loose clothing or gowns is best, slip on shoes/slippers so you're not having to bend over. I've found Pinterest the most useful for all of this prep research. Best of luck to you!

My last nutrition appointment is on monday, i schedule a surgery date after that or wait for insurance approval. I'm nervous because the psych put down that i might need a support group for body image under things that may help me. Hopefully that doesn't stop me from getting approved! I hope everyone gets approved! You all have worked hard for this!!!!😊😊

I am scheduled for July 18th. I feel like it is so far away. My original consult was in March. I am so excited though. I have my EDG at the end of this month. Do any of you have instagram accounts you are using to track photos/victories?