Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for July, Anyone else?

I realize that's a fair while away, but I would love to connect with others scheduled for surgery around that time. Maybe we can keep each other sane while waiting.

I should be mid July I think?...my second of three dietitian visits is next week. Doesn't that make my estimated surgery date around mid July?

I need clearance from Pulmonary with regard to my asthma, but they won't give it to me because asthma is an "exacerbation condition" and I might be clear NOW but struggling THEN. So I have to see them right before.
I also need my psych eval but I can't find someone with hours I can make to do it. I started this process last year and had to drop out, but I saw a recommended psychologist then and didn't like her, so I won't go back. I told her all about my attempts to lose weight in the past, and the next thing she said was "why don't you try Weight Watchers again?" This was after I told her I'd tried WW FIVE TIMES in the past and never kept it off!! So yeah. Need to call around.
You guys are so lucky you only have two weeks of liquid diets before. Liver Shrinking for six months is not the most fun I've ever had. But at least I get to practice and get used to it, right? [emoji849]

Hi what does your six month liver shrinking diet consist of? And are you required to lose certain amount of weight?

I don't know if I am replying correctly. Do I type in the reply box or the arrow facing left. And how will I know if the respond back. Help plz ty

That's what I said! What on earth am I gonna talk about for there hours?? I told my husband this is it for me. They'll find out I'm crazy! Lol

lol I only have a hour appointment because they gave me all the paperwork to fill out prior. But I'm thinking they will discover I'm crazy in just that one hour lol

I don't know if I am replying correctly. Do I type in the reply box or the arrow facing left. And how will I know if the respond back. Help plz ty

I use my phone, so I just hold my thumb over whatever someone has said until an option menu comes up, click quote, then I know I'm responding directly to what was said.

lol I only have a hour appointment because they gave me all the paperwork to fill out prior. But I'm thinking they will discover I'm crazy in just that one hour lol

My husband kept telling me I'm gonna get locked up. Lol. It ended up being about two hours. There was a three hundred question true/false test, answering questions like do I hear voices and do I believe most people are out to get me, that kind of thing. Then she spent time talking with me about home life, if I know what surgery entails, how my life is going to change, etc. Basically if I have a good support system and stable home life.

9 hours ago, Ladybug_rny said:

Hi what does your six month liver shrinking diet consist of? And are you required to lose certain amount of weight?

It's lean meats, eggs, and non-starchy veggies. No dairy. One month in she had me make one meal a day a Protein Drink (no more than 15 grams of protein) and at my last visit she suggested "half the time" I do two Protein Drinks and one meal a day.

She said I should be able to drop 10-12 pounds a month. For 6 months.

And 1 hour of exercise 5 days a week, and an hour of "light activity" the other two days (like walking)

Except it's really hard, especially with an active job (I'm a physical therapist, I work 10 hour days). I'm exhausted. I can feel my metabolism slowing down. I'm colder than I've been in a long time. I'm sleeping all the time. My brain is foggy. And weight loss has ground to a halt these last three weeks. My body is GOOD at this--hunkering down when it's starved. What does she think got me here in the first place???

I'm trying to stay the course, but I'm failing. ☹️

I seem to be on a similar diet except one shake and two meals and two Snacks 75g Protein per day minimum.... well I guess that doesn't sound similar lol Dietitian is only asking to try and lose 10 pounds over the next 3 months.
May I ask how much do you weigh and do you have major health issues? All that is required of you may just be insurance requirements. You may feel drained because you aren't eating carbs. You should probably contact her about how your body feels the tiredness the foggy brain feeling. You will be fine after your body adjust and gets use to not having carbs, sugar and fats. And I don't think you are failing I thinking you are adjusting.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Ladybug_rny said:

I seem to be on a similar diet except one shake and two meals and two Snacks 75g Protein per day minimum.... well I guess that doesn't sound similar lol Dietitian is only asking to try and lose 10 pounds over the next 3 months.
May I ask how much do you weigh and do you have major health issues? All that is required of you may just be insurance requirements. You may feel drained because you aren't eating carbs. You should probably contact her about how your body feels the tiredness the foggy brain feeling. You will be fine after your body adjust and gets use to not having carbs, sugar and fats. And I don't think you are failing I thinking you are adjusting.

I weighed 324 at my first weigh in. Now I weigh 304. I have sleep apnea, and they thought I had Barrett's Esophagus but the second endoscopy said no. Other than that I'm healthy.

I have no faith in my body adjusting. It was three weeks of deteriorating energy til I ate some carbs two days ago. Now my energy is better and my brain fog has cleared--and my weight is up. UGH. ☹️

20 hours ago, xX_iSLAY_All_Day_Xx said:

I'm scheduled 07/03/17. .!!!

So exciting!!

It's so nice seeing this thread fill up with more people! Time seems to be going pretty fast but I wish it would go a bit faster lol

I've lost a total of 35-38 pounds I've been just on this side of 200 for about 3 months. It's so frustrating. With as much weight as I've lost on my own I was really wondering if weight loss surgery was really the way I wanted to go. But after this stall and thinking about all the yoyoing i've done over the years I know I'm on the right path.