Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big calves-anyone lose any calf weight/inches

My first post, woohoo. I have my surgery width Dr Illan on August 21st, super excited. Just curious if anyone has lost any inches in their calves? I am going to have trouble buying new pants/jeans if my calves don't go down a bit. I walk for exercise right now and plan to keep that up, I will also gradually add back in my weight/strength training.

Appreciate any answers.

thanks!

Yes, you will lose weight everywhere! I've even gone down one shoe size so far.

I went from wide fit boots to an Xsmall.

I nearly cried in the shop when they had to bring me the smallest calf size !!

Congrats on the surgery 👌

Your calves are probably always going to be bigger than other people, they got bigger carrying all your weight around. They will get smaller but they probably won't be the size of a person your same size that was never as obese. I have lost 4 inches off my calves but they are still larger than most people my size. I wear an 8/10 and my calves are still pretty big and give me trouble in some skinny jeans.

My calves aren't fat either they are just muscle.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Your calves are probably always going to be bigger than other people, they got bigger carrying all your weight around. They will get smaller but they probably won't be the size of a person your same size that was never as obese. I have lost 4 inches off my calves but they are still larger than most people my size. I wear an 8/10 and my calves are still pretty big and give me trouble in some skinny jeans.

My calves aren't fat either they are just muscle.

I love your username!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

My legs/calves got thin, and I miss how they were.. I loved my "pretty brown (and great-shaped) legs." But I'll take it, since all other big stuff is looking nice and thin/medium.

My body is big and my calfs are super small... always have been. I wish they were bigger haha! It's amazing they support me. I also have tiny ankles, weird looking connected to the top half of me lol.

My body is big and my calfs are super small... always have been. I wish they were bigger haha! It's amazing they support me. I also have tiny ankles, weird looking connected to the top half of me lol.

Me too! My cheerleader nickname in college was "pork chop" and a dirty old man once told me i had legs like a racehorse [emoji237][emoji20]
I just hope after surgery all my parts match!

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

It's weird how some have big calves and others have small ones, when everyone is overweight.

I join the big calf group. I'm 16 days post op and have lost half an inch on each calf since surgery!

I'm also part of the big calf group. I'm definitely pear-shaped, with most of my weight below the waist, so I think big calves are just part of the package. ;-) That said, I haven't lost much in inches down below, since it appears the fat is slowly disappearing from my body from the top down. I definitely have lost a shoe size though! I'll be doing my measurements tomorrow so I'll know how many inches I've lost from where then.