Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys. I was sleeved March 27th and released March 29th. Feeling a little better today (4 days post op), but boy were those original gas pains a nightmare. Also one of the hardest parts was right after surgery how dry my mouth was and we couldnt sip Water until our contrast study the next morning. I got to wet my lips with a little sponge, which was really nice. I was really nervous for contrast study the next day, but the radiologist was really sweet and the barium wasn't too bad. I was burping all day March 28th and 29th, but didn't pass rel gas until March 30th. (I mostly pass gas while sleeping at night.) I am trying to get my fluids in as best as I can. Today I got 30 ml of whey Protein mixed with Water in. I also hate the ompizalole beads in apple sauce yuck. Trying to walk alot too. About to have some broth too. I notice when I swallow the water and broth my body feels tigh and uncomfy for a few seconds and then releases and I feel ok. I asked the nurse and she said it was from swollen esophagus anf stomach, but it will get better. I am trying to walk as well and tonight as per doctor I took my dressing off my incisions leaving steri-strips. One steri-strip came off, but seems ok. A little raw so I put a big bandage over it for now. I hope all your fellow sleevers are doing well. Hopefully I will keep feeling better each day. ♡

My surgery is on April 4th it's coming fast and the day after my birthday lol no cake or ice cream for me this year I'm kinda nervous

Hey guys. I was sleeved March 27th and released March 29th. Feeling a little better today (4 days post op), but boy were those original gas pains a nightmare. Also one of the hardest parts was right after surgery how dry my mouth was and we couldnt sip Water until our contrast study the next morning. I got to wet my lips with a little sponge, which was really nice. I was really nervous for contrast study the next day, but the radiologist was really sweet and the barium wasn't too bad. I was burping all day March 28th and 29th, but didn't pass rel gas until March 30th. (I mostly pass gas while sleeping at night.) I am trying to get my fluids in as best as I can. Today I got 30 ml of whey Protein mixed with Water in. I also hate the ompizalole beads in apple sauce yuck. Trying to walk alot too. About to have some broth too. I notice when I swallow the water and broth my body feels tigh and uncomfy for a few seconds and then releases and I feel ok. I asked the nurse and she said it was from swollen esophagus anf stomach, but it will get better. I am trying to walk as well and tonight as per doctor I took my dressing off my incisions leaving steri-strips. One steri-strip came off, but seems ok. A little raw so I put a big bandage over it for now. I hope all your fellow sleevers are doing well. Hopefully I will keep feeling better each day. ♡

Thanks for sharing. I had my surgery on the 28th and I can relate to everything you shared. I think gas pains are worse than the incisions or the stomach itself! Water and walking have really helped! Also, whenever I go to the bathroom, I sit on the toilet which helps as well!
I am feeling a little better each day. On my first day home, I had some dry heaves which were scary and painful. I'm glad to see another person who had the same surgery around the same time! Good luck with your recovery!

Hi I had mine on the 28th too.

Very cool. How are you doing?

I am trying to figure out the new liquid schedule for the next 14 days. Still having some gas, trying to get my system working again.

I definitely feel you. I am 6 days post op. Im doing pretty good with whey Protein mixed with Water. Dont taste too bad. With water is total of 30 ounces I am getting over the day. And then have few spoonful of chicken broth for dinner. Try to add water in after to try to reach 64 ounces but cant get there yet. It is hard, but each day gets little easier and there is less tightness in my stomach and chest area so hopefully the swelling is going down. I am doing pretty good with walking too. Walked 3 miles today, but very slow. I get most gas at night and have had horrible diarrhea here and there. Been taking calcium citrate chews in morning and night, multi Vitamin chew in morning, and ompriazole in apple sauce in morning. All these taste horrendous lol. I think the hardest part is when I wake in the morning, I feel nauceous and light headed until I have the whey protein mix. Also I do melatonin liquid at night to help me sleep.< br>

Thanks for sharing. I had my surgery on the 28th and I can relate to everything you shared. I think gas pains are worse than the incisions or the stomach itself! Water and walking have really helped! Also, whenever I go to the bathroom, I sit on the toilet which helps as well!
I am feeling a little better each day. On my first day home, I had some dry heaves which were scary and painful. I'm glad to see another person who had the same surgery around the same time! Good luck with your recovery!

How are you doing Troy?

How are you doing Troy?

Mostly better. I am having some energy drain today. Overall though, life is good. How about you?

Mostly better. I am having some energy drain today. Overall though, life is good. How about you?

I feel much better then I did last week.... Im doing pretty good with whey Protein mixed with Water. Dont taste too bad. With water is total of 30 ounces I am getting over the day. And then have few spoonful of chicken broth for dinner. Tried to add water in after to try to reach 64 ounces but cant get there yet. It is hard, but each day gets little easier and there is less tightness in my stomach and chest area so hopefully the swelling is going down. I am doing pretty good with walking too. Walked 3 miles today, but very slow. I get most gas at night and have had horrible diarrhea here and there. Been taking calcium citrate chews in morning and night, multi Vitamin chew in morning, and ompriazole in apple sauce in morning. All these taste horrendous lol. I think the hardest part is when I wake in the morning, I feel nauceous and light headed until I have the whey protein mix. Also I do melatonin liquid at night to help me sleep.< br>

My doctor let me use skim or low fat milk with the whey and it makes a big difference! I did well on the liquid diet and my liver was small and I am still using milk. Water on the other hand I have a hard time getting in. Congrats on walking 3 miles. I can not leave the bathroom long enough to walk that far outdoors.