Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lost 1/2 the weight and then can't loose more?

I had the sleeve 3 yrs ago and lost 25 lbs then my weight loss stopped. I've tracked my weight everyday since and seems no matter what I do I stay w/in 3 lbs. I've written everything I've eaten, counted calories, upped my treadmill time and cut my portion size. I get my Protein and Water in everyday. I eat healthy.

I'm wondering if age plays a part in it? I just turned 70 and am in great health. Since surgery my PB is normal as are all other tests. I just can't loose any more weight.

I've heard of set points with weight and wonder if mine has been cemented at this weight.

Any info or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Sherry

I'm in the same boat- I'm 43 but only lost for the first 3-4 months- I'm 9 months out and haven't lost in 5 months! I was 326 on surgery day and now at 185- what's going on with this? Is it the set point thing? If so, didn't we have set points earlier in life that our body could jump to? I mean- how RUDE is our bodies to just quit losing like this! Lol
I wish I knew what we all could do-

I am 31 almost a year out started at 212 now 171 struggling. I'm supposed to be 145 that's 45 lost 25 to go. On my surgery day I was 200 so I've only lost 27 pounds.

I lost about equal pre surgery as I have after. I was sleeved 7/6/16. Started at 269 and yo yo between 186-190 lbs now. Depressing.

It is confusing and a daily struggle. Not where I wanted to be. Would like to at least get to 165. If not lower.

A few light weights? I have read that weight training is beneficial for building muscle and revving up metabolism.

I agree- since I started weight lifting at the gym- I even hired a trainer (!)- I have felt better - I'm stronger, feel more stable on my feet, and best of all my confidence in my own skin has gotten better- but not one pound lost- I've lost a half inch on my arms but that's it-
Grrrrr...[emoji37]

Too much exercise and too little food can cause stalls. Are you tracking how many calories you eat per day?

I am having a similar issue, although I've lost more than 25. I'm 38 and am coming up on 1 yr. I have lost 90lbs total, but 33 were prior to surgery. I've been between 208 and 214 for almost 7 months. I don't get much excersize (besides chasing a 3yr old around) and let some carbs back in but nothing crazy. So depressing

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Brenda, you've lost pretty much exactly as expected. 303 down to 210 is awesome!! Surgery typically only gets you down 2/3 of the way to a "normal" bmi. It did that for you!! Congrats!!

On 8/31/2017 at 1:23 PM, verovegas said:

I am 31 almost a year out started at 212 now 171 struggling. I'm supposed to be 145 that's 45 lost 25 to go. On my surgery day I was 200 so I've only lost 27 pounds.

You count from your highest weight, not surgery date weight. Assuming 145 is accurate (I don't know your height), then 65% of excess weight loss IS losing 45 pounds. Congrats! Your surgery performed as expected!

On 3/30/2017 at 0:31 PM, Sherry S said:

I had the sleeve 3 yrs ago and lost 25 lbs then my weight loss stopped. I've tracked my weight everyday since and seems no matter what I do I stay w/in 3 lbs. I've written everything I've eaten, counted calories, upped my treadmill time and cut my portion size. I get my Protein and Water in everyday. I eat healthy.

I'm wondering if age plays a part in it? I just turned 70 and am in great health. Since surgery my PB is normal as are all other tests. I just can't loose any more weight.

I've heard of set points with weight and wonder if mine has been cemented at this weight.

Any info or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Sherry

You could have expected to lose another 10lbs, so it's true that you lost a bit less than average. Age, very well may play a part in that. So happy you have gained health (which IS the most important thing!).

On 9/10/2017 at 0:01 AM, LACRACRA2 said:

I lost about equal pre surgery as I have after. I was sleeved 7/6/16. Started at 269 and yo yo between 186-190 lbs now. Depressing.

You've lost about exactly 65% of your excess weight, just as expected! Congrats!!