Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am ready to move beyond Water and chocolate Premier Protein. I'm hoping actual food Protein will settle my stomach (especially in the purée stage).

I cleaned out my freezer today. It was the most time Ive spent in the kitchen for three weeks! I totally understand passing through the kitchen and feeling that pull to grab something. Now I look at the food and think "eh".

I'm going to pick up the oikos, some fat free cheese, refried fat free Beans, fat free cottage cheese, and eggs for next week. I feel nowhere ready for the next stage, but just in case I want to have everything in the fridge!

My husband and teenager already ate my stockpile of fat free pudding and other sleeve friendly foods I bought ahead of time. It's annoying because the whole pantry and kitchen is full of their "normal" food. I guess that's another topic all together lol

1 minute ago, hopekate said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I am ready to move beyond Water and chocolate Premier Protein. I'm hoping actual food Protein will settle my stomach (especially in the purée stage).

I cleaned out my freezer today. It was the most time Ive spent in the kitchen for three weeks! I totally understand passing through the kitchen and feeling that pull to grab something. Now I look at the food and think "eh".

I'm going to pick up the oikos, some fat free cheese, refried fat free Beans, fat free cottage cheese, and eggs for next week. I feel nowhere ready for the next stage, but just in case I want to have everything in the fridge!

My husband and teenager already ate my stockpile of fat free pudding and other sleeve friendly foods I bought ahead of time. It's annoying because the whole pantry and kitchen is full of their "normal" food. I guess that's another topic all together lol

I too feel "eh" when I see my kids eat or I cook for them. I just don't care. I am staying on liquids as long as physically possible to get as much off as I can. I'm in no hurry to start eating purée or anything else.

Have you tried the BariWise Soups I loved them and found them such a life saver from the sweet Protein Shakes. I had a variety pack and loved every flavor. It was so nice to have something savory and warm. They have 15g on Protein in them.

I am not going to complain for sure but its not so easy on the next stage either. I managed a mashed up poached egg and salad cream .. delish took a while but I got through. I tried this afternoon to have some tuna salad and just full up and couldn't manage more than a few small bites.

Now I am so full I am behind with my fluids and down on my protein. oh well will try again tomorrow and see if I can do better.

Hi, I wasn't either. Luckily I'm one of those crazy people that prepares for emergencies and one of my preps is this: https://smile.amazon.com/SurvivAMINO-Emergency-Substitute-Vitality-Sciences/dp/B00MAG75FU/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492109292&sr=8-10&keywords=protein+tablets
those shakes are disgusting! I am not taking 15 tabs (90 g of protein) I'm taking 9 a day instead. I don't need 90 g of protein!!
Plus I bought these: http://www.oikosyogurt.com/products/yogurt-drink/strawberry
they are amazing and taste so delicious and have 10g protein!!!! I will start those when I feel like "eating"

Thanks I ordered the pills. Went to my regular doc and she told me that I need to get any calories in that I can no matter what because I am so weak. So I will try my hardest. But it sucks took me an hour and a half to eat a bag of instant grits!!! With that pace I'll never leave the table[emoji23][emoji23]
She also changed my anxiety and depression meds so hopefully that helps.

[emoji259]M[emoji259]

1 hour ago, MelissaH74 said:

Thanks I ordered the pills. Went to my regular doc and she told me that I need to get any calories in that I can no matter what because I am so weak. So I will try my hardest. But it sucks took me an hour and a half to eat a bag of instant grits!!! With that pace I'll never leave the tableemoji23.pngemoji23.png
She also changed my anxiety and depression meds so hopefully that helps.

emoji259.pngMemoji259.png

Please forgive me for over stepping. But, I disagree. I don't think you should ask your regular Dr for nutrition advice for at least 6 months. They have no clue usually. You shouldn't be "getting any calories you can" you need ONLY very high Protein foods. Instead of grits make a scrambled egg and put it in your nutri bullet of whatever blender you have. Or some Daisy cottage cheese. 1/2 cups has 10 or 12 grams of protein. The oikos yogurt drinks I listed before are tiny but full of protein.

Your body is burning up all your fat for fuel. You don't need carbs, just protein and Water. Calories right now are not needed really.

You can do it. You are just going through an emotional and physical shock and it's hard to adjust, but you WILL. And you are going to be gorgeous.

That's a really good suggestion is there anyway to talk to your surgeon or their office. It's always so reassuring to speak to someone so experienced in this area. You need the Protein for healing as well.

Hoping you feel better very soon. This will all be great in the end.

@Melissah74

Are you feeling any better today ?

@CurvyCakes haven't heard from you since surgery-- you doing ok?

Hi everyone, hope you are all feeling good. I'm feeling great, still no hunger. Sadly, my weight loss has slowed from 3 pounds a day to 1 pound a day. I'm kind of bummed that it happened less than 2 weeks after surgery. But my chin is up and I'm looking at the bright side, it's still 7 pounds a week. How are you all doing with weight loss?

Omg I'd love that kind of weight loss. I'm down 13lbs total !! Some days no movement. Doc said nit to take any notice of first couple of weeks my body is trying to figure out what's going on. Things should kick into gear in the new couple of weeks. Whatever it's still better than I was doing in my own.

Totally underestimated how hard it would be getting in Protein by food. Feeling the restriction much more with real food. Having to do a better job of scheduling eating drinking and supplementing with Protein Drinks. I wouldn't make the protein intake on food along. I can get in about 1/2 to 2/3 or an egg. Or half a pouch of tuna.

Still feel great walked 9 holes of golf yesterday carrying my bag. 18 tomorrow but I'll take a cart.

Off ft to the shops to buy a few clothes to get me through the next few weeks everything is falling off me. Yay !!!

1 hour ago, bs19gal said:

Omg I'd love that kind of weight loss. I'm down 13lbs total !! Some days no movement. Doc said nit to take any notice of first couple of weeks my body is trying to figure out what's going on. Things should kick into gear in the new couple of weeks. Whatever it's still better than I was doing in my own.

Totally underestimated how hard it would be getting in Protein by food. Feeling the restriction much more with real food. Having to do a better job of scheduling eating drinking and supplementing with Protein Drinks. I wouldn't make the Protein intake on food along. I can get in about 1/2 to 2/3 or an egg. Or half a pouch of tuna.

Still feel great walked 9 holes of golf yesterday carrying my bag. 18 tomorrow but I'll take a cart.

Off ft to the shops to buy a few clothes to get me through the next few weeks everything is falling off me. Yay !!!

That is awesome!!!

This is the best shopping trip ever, I can't believe it I'm actually shopping in the regular sizes and they fit !!!

Omg I am never ever going back to the plus size department.

My credit card better watch out all these beautiful cloths it's overwhelming.

3x to XL. 20W to 16/18 reg

@emirn1 hey there. Yes I'm hanging in here taking it day by day. Everything went well. Pain was controlled very easily. Came home Thursday evening. My biggest issues at this time is the massive gas that I can't seem to pass no matter what and just feeling exhausted going up and down stairs in my home. By the time I reach the top it's like my heart is about to jump out my chest and have a hard time catching my breadth.

Hello,

My sleeve date was 4/3 also! So far so good! I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

Thanks