Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 after surgery and still have horrible pain where they removed the stomach. Still not able to get all my liquids for the day. I think the max I had was 20 oz. ever time I take a tablespoon of anything it makes me sick to my stomach and I get tremendous pressures in the chest.

Hope you get better-- I'm doing ok on liquids, just have to remind myself to drink small amounts.

Every day feels a little better pain is much much less, Water intake easier, bruising going down. The main pain point is the big incision, its healing but obviously its still a wound and will hurt. Jumped on the scale today and its moving southwards so that is good.

Second day back at work and I think its helping with the boredom I was feeling, its keeping my mind busy and getting up and down from the desk is a good thing. Everything definitely goes down better when I am upright. Its finally a beautiful day here so I am going to get out for a long work in the sunshine.

Hoping you get better soon.

@MelissaH74 omg Melissa so glad the bruising look worst than it feels. Seeing that I may have fainted lol. You are a trooper Chica! Have you lost any weight yet?

So now I'm 5 days post op. I'm up to 32oz of liquid and can take in approximately 3-4oz at a sitting. Today I had a very painful day. Worst day yet since coming home. Incision hurts bad. I can barely get my walks in without crying. Took my breath away just to walk for 5 min.

Sorry you had a bad day, hopefully it is just a small set back.

Im off all meds now besides the spasm and reflux ones which I'm supposed to stay on for a while.

I'm doing ok with liquids and Protein I find I do a lot better with flavored water and ice pops are the best. Im down just over 6lbs since the surgery.

Walking every day but definitely scaling back my expectations after today. I set out for 4 miles but called it quites just after 2 definitely down on some energy but hardly surprising giving how little we are eating.

So ready to move onto soft foods hopefully next week.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I had a not so good day. I've been feeling really agitated and my anxiety has been through the roof. Then it dawned on me that I had never got the ok from the doc to start taking my meds after surgery!!! Luckily I didn't physically hurt anyone but I did hurt my moms feelings...

I felt so badddd!!! Came home a took it not caring what doc said. Don't think I'd have made another day.

Other than that I'm still feeling great surgery wise. Wish I could get more comfortable at night to sleep. When I get in my side it feels weird. Hopefully tonight is the night for some good sleep.

M

I used some over the counter sleep aides the first few nights and got 8-10 hours each night. With enough pillows I can sleep on my side propped up with the pillows.

Hi everyone. Well I am feeling better. Still really hurt where the big incision is. Only taking the Percocet at night though.

I am still only on Water. Even crystal light is too much for me. Clear broth feels like a ton of bricks in me. I do have some survival tabs. I'm going to start sucking on one of those later and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Boudicca17 said:

Hi everyone. Well I am feeling better. Still really hurt where the big incision is. Only taking the Percocet at night though.

I am still only on Water. Even crystal light is too much for me. Clear broth feels like a ton of bricks in me. I do have some survival tabs. I'm going to start sucking on one of those later and see how it goes.

We have very similar stats. My incision kills me still as well. The liquid is getting easier for me though. I'm just having Water, Decaf tea, Jello, and some puréed Soups. Try sugar free popsicles, it will go down slow and give you some flavor. I got this advise a couple days ago from a friend that had the same surgery last year.

Why 7 holes?

[emoji259]M[emoji259]

I have no idea why :( I'm hoping to find out next week when I see my doctor. It seems like a lot!

I had surgery on April 4 and feel great. The first 24 hours was hard as I kept vomiting blood. I refused pain meds and all the sudden the vomiting stopped. My last dose of pain meds was late afternoon April 5. I got out the hospital April 6 and came home. I feel like my normal self. I keep forgetting my incisions are there and will go to do something (vacum, laundry, just bend down) & then they become sore for a few seconds. The surgeon told me it would take a lot for them to open though and there is no blood so I'm not stressing it. I have been shopping and today went to an amusement park (no rides for me though just walking). The only problem I am having is not getting enough fluids in. I'm finding it so hard no matter how much I sip sip sip and I'm hungry....not head hungry...I'm hungry. I'm not starving, but I feel like I could actually eat. I have not got on a scale bc honestly the number is not what matters to me. I just want to look in the mirror and say "hot damn" and feel better (energy wise). I can say that at this moment I do not feel any different weight wise.

I had surgery on April 4 and feel great. The first 24 hours was hard as I kept vomiting blood. I refused pain meds and all the sudden the vomiting stopped. My last dose of pain meds was late afternoon April 5. I got out the hospital April 6 and came home. I feel like my normal self. I keep forgetting my incisions are there and will go to do something (vacum, laundry, just bend down) & then they become sore for a few seconds. The surgeon told me it would take a lot for them to open though and there is no blood so I'm not stressing it. I have been shopping and today went to an amusement park (no rides for me though just walking). The only problem I am having is not getting enough fluids in. I'm finding it so hard no matter how much I sip sip sip and I'm hungry....not head hungry...I'm hungry. I'm not starving, but I feel like I could actually eat. When I drink I get this feeling that hurts. Its almost like I can feel the Fluid going through me. I have not got on a scale bc honestly the number is not what matters to me. I just want to look in the mirror and say "hot damn" and feel better (energy wise). I can say that at this moment I do not feel any different weight wise.

1 hour ago, Blueberry said:

We have very similar stats. My incision kills me still as well. The liquid is getting easier for me though. I'm just having Water, Decaf tea, Jello, and some puréed Soups. Try sugar free popsicles, it will go down slow and give you some flavor. I got this advise a couple days ago from a friend that had the same surgery last year.

You can handle jell-o???? Wow, you are doing great. I tried a popcicle and the cold gave me major stomach cramps. I think I'm just going to heal a lot slower because I have lupus.

blueberry, I'm happy you are doing better.

I had a not so good day. I've been feeling really agitated and my anxiety has been through the roof. Then it dawned on me that I had never got the ok from the doc to start taking my meds after surgery!!! Luckily I didn't physically hurt anyone but I did hurt my moms feelings...

I felt so badddd!!! Came home a took it not caring what doc said. Don't think I'd have made another day.

Other than that I'm still feeling great surgery wise. Wish I could get more comfortable at night to sleep. When I get in my side it feels weird. Hopefully tonight is the night for some good sleep.

M

Is the anxiety better since restarting your med? Hope your doing well. I'm doing ok, still sore-- I have a one year old so I'm probably doing too much, need to ease up.

1 hour ago, Boudicca17 said:

You can handle jell-o???? Wow, you are doing great. I tried a popcicle and the cold gave me major stomach cramps. I think I'm just going to heal a lot slower because I have lupus.

blueberry, I'm happy you are doing better.

Go at your pace. It will all be worth it soon.