Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's getting Real!

Taken me ten years to get this far in our programme but on Tuesday it's surgery time. [emoji16]

9 hours ago, gryffen said:

Taken me ten years to get this far in our programme but on Tuesday it's surgery time. emoji16.png

Wow that's a long time! Good thing you didn't quite along the way. Congrats.

May 2nd too! Sleeve. I realized today that I registered here on bariatricpal back in 2015, but I didn't make the decision until November of last year. Now my date is almost here and I'm both super excited and happy, and super nervous.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:26 PM, breezygirl95 said:

Hi guys :D I am May 1st for a sleeve as well! I've been in the process for a year now. :)

It's almost time!

I am very nervous too. I know I need this surgery but I am not sure if I want it lol... Same story for years. Well I will stay strong and look forward to living my life again.. no more I am too tired, this hurts, that hurts, this new medicine, a new side effect... My heart attack was my wake up call... A RCA Stent later.... I know I need this

How did it go??

May 1st sleever here, too. Day 5 post op now.

I was May 1st as well but I was bypass also. How is everyone holding up from surgeries May 1st?

Pretty good, getting better by the day. I'm able to get my liquids in no problem and Protein Shakes, pretty much, as well. I can drink quite a lot of broth or Crystal Light. Still have gas pain, a sore left side, sore back, neck, etc. The gas pain was KILLER! Felt like a horse kicked me in the chest. I was NOT prepared for that. I also had a hiatal hernia repair, which the surgeon says you can't feel, but I don't know about that. I'm down to one pain pill before bed since my 1st day home so I can sleep without discomfort. How are you feeling?

4 days post op. Feeing sore, still nauseas at times, but it's getting better. My right side is so bruised and sore. Hard to move still. Exhausted too, seems I need naps or else I crash hardcore.

I haven't had any nausea since the day of the operation. I remember it being bad. Everyone told me afterward that I was complaining so much of nausea. I made them give me Phenergan in addition to Zofran post op. No nausea, since then, though. I don't have any bruises, but one incision near my belly button bled a couple of times. I still have band aids over steri-strips. I'm on Lovenox shots at my request and no bruising from that. Just from the IVs and heparin I got pre-op. I took a short nap today, otherwise I haven't since I was in the hospital. In the hospital, I kept asking to be left alone so I could nap. LOL. Now at home, I wanna be good and tired for bed so I can sleep. It's much more comfortable now than it was say the first night or two home. I can't seem to burp much although I feel the need to. That kind of annoys me. I want this gas pain gone. My sleeve is gurgly. I hope they gave you medication for nausea.

Well I have not really been nauseous thank goodness for that. The pain is getting better today I took total of 3 pain pills early morning than about early evening than right before bed so I can try to sleep better at night. I have been moving gas I even had my first BM today which hurt to push. My incisions are doing well but the one close to my belly button is sore every time I move it burns or just hurts. Other than that so far so good. My mind is playing tricks on me I do want to eat but when I think I need to eat I drink more. The liquid diet is holding up pretty well getting my fluids in which is great. I am glad to hear so far everyone is holding up well.

1 minute ago, FatPharm said:

I haven't had any nausea since the day of the operation. I remember it being bad. Everyone told me afterward that I was complaining so much of nausea. I made them give me Phenergan in addition to Zofran post op. No nausea, since then, though. I don't have any bruises, but one incision near my belly button bled a couple of times. I still have band aids over steri-strips. I'm on Lovenox shots at my request and no bruising from that. Just from the IVs and heparin I got pre-op. I took a short nap today, otherwise I haven't since I was in the hospital. In the hospital, I kept asking to be left alone so I could nap. LOL. Now at home, I wanna be good and tired for bed so I can sleep. It's much more comfortable now than it was say the first night or two home. I can't seem to burp much although I feel the need to. That kind of annoys me. I want this gas pain gone. My sleeve is gurgly. I hope they gave you medication for nausea.

I was wearing the patch and that helped with the nausea. They didn't give me a script for it though, and once it wore out, the nausea hit harder. I have zofran and it does help, just not as well.

I bruised so badly. They require lovenox in my program, 3 times, and I have bruises from each one. I also have a bruise on my hand from the IV (which still hurts!) and bruises on my fingers from testing my blood sugars! Ridiculous!

And even with napping, I'm sleeping well at home, thank goodness. Only uncomfortable part for me is sleeping on my back. I'm a side sleeper and can't lay on either side comfortably yet.