Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy beverages besides water.

I liked crystal light and Decaf iced America with cream and Splenda

VitaminWater ZERO Rise Orange

Vitamin Water ZERO Squeezed Lemonade

Vitamin Water ZERO XXX Acai berry

VITAMIN WATER ZERO people - it has no carbs, it tastes great, it has Vitamins. You can get it at Walmart, Target, costco, and Amazon

There is no downside, except that your B12 might come back slightly elevated if you drink 4 or more 20oz drinks a day like I do. By that time you can switch out every other one with regular filtered or spring water.

Water with drops. The only artificial sweetener I like is Stevia

http://www.sturdrinks.com/ Orange Mango tastes great, almost like orange juice, almost

These are good http://sweetleaf.com/stevia-water-enhancer/ I like the lemonade

The nice thing about drops is you can keep them in your purse and you can turn any water into a tasty drink. Comes in handy at restaurants.

Isn't Crystal Light high in sodium? Should that be a concern?

1 hour ago, BrightEyes77375 said:

Isn't Crystal Light high in sodium? Should that be a concern?

They either have no sodium at all or something like 1% of your daily intake. It's nothing to be concerned with.

One thing no one has mentioned is that the first ingredient for Crystal Light is citric acid. It's super duper acidic. I've been hesitant to have any with the thought that if caffeine will irritate my new stomach so will large amounts of citric acid. And if it's not "bad" for it the citric acid can't be "good" for it either.

I like plain Water, coconut water, and iced herbal tea, especially rooibos red tea. I try to stay away from artificially sweetened beverages as they don't promote weight loss and research studies have shown people gain weight when they consume them over sugared drinks. They're also highly addictive. Google the Harvard Health Blog article titled, "Artificial sweeteners: sugar-free, but at what cost" for more info.

You might also try unsweetened almond milk. It isn't my thing, but I know several people that like it. I stick to Water (mostly), Powerade Zero (fruit punch is my favorite), iced tea, and hot tea (especially when I am traveling).

Crystal Light (or the Great Value brands from Walmart) are my go-to drinks. The nice thing about them is you can mix up the flavors and come up with some unique combos. We use a 2 quart pitcher at home and I'll do something like combine a grape with a berry pomegranate, or apple with another flavor.

Another thing I like to do is mix in a bit of the diet cranberry juices from Ocean Spray. They have couple different ones besides regular cranberry, like cran-grape. They're only 5 calories and carbs are really low per serving. I don't typically drink it straight but would mix in 1/4 of a glass with the cranberry juice and the rest with Crystal Light. Prior to surgery I'd do that combo with a shot of vodka if I wanted a drink outside of beer.

The Propel waters are pretty good as well.

I use the Walmart brand Crystal light, too. It never occurred to me to mix them up! Brilliant!! I love the pink lemonade and fruit punch flavors. Cranberry is my favorite juice. Thanks for sharing!!

I use the Walmart brand Crystal light, too. It never occurred to me to mix them up! Brilliant!! I love the pink lemonade and fruit punch flavors. Cranberry is my favorite juice. Thanks for sharing!!

I'm 4 weeks post op and just tried a Fulfill powder similar to xtal lite with citric acid. It was not upsetting to sleeve. I Google it beforehand and could not find any info. Then I tried this forum.

I’m pre op and scheduled for surgery on October 16. I really want to be able to incorporate juicing Into my diet. Doesn’t have to be right away but at some point I would like to be able to get in some rich dense micro nutrients. I know doing so is very good for your skin and helping the sagginess. It’s also a very good healing agent. Does anyone have any good advice or suggestions? My doctor told me no juice because it has too much sugar. But I’m talking about making my own. I do it now.