Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single incision gastric sleeve

I did not. I kind of am curious if you are one of the people who think that the single-incision is better?

I did not. I kind of am curious if you are one of the people who think that the single-incision is better?

Did you have the single incision without a drain? Or are you saying you did not have the single incision? I am not sure if the single incision is better, that's why I wanted someone else's experience. I like the fact that it's supposedly less invasive, as well as having only one incision that's hidden in your belly button. But I was curious about the drain. As far as I know.. from what I have read there is less pain with the single incision and less recovery time. But I would like to hear someone else's experience!

On 3/26/2017 at 5:13 PM, courtneyquick said:

Did you have the single incision without a drain? Or are you saying you did not have the single incision? I am not sure if the single incision is better, that's why I wanted someone else's experience. I like the fact that it's supposedly less invasive, as well as having only one incision that's hidden in your belly button. But I was curious about the drain. As far as I know.. from what I have read there is less pain with the single incision and less recovery time. But I would like to hear someone else's experience!

No, I had laparoscopic. From what I've read, laparoscopic is far better than single incision. I was fine two days after surgery and now I'm almost two years out of surgery and there are no scars. There was no pain at all save for the drain and even then it only hurt for a couple of seconds after they removed it.

I read the single incision is better BC less scarring, pain, chance of infection, etc but costs $1000 more. I'm not sure about the drain.

I can hardly see my incisions and it's been less than 6 weeks. The small ones are about a 1/4 inch now, the "big one" is about an inch. I wouldn't get hung up on incisions. My pain was very minimal.

I had my surg 3/2. Very tiny probes+1 in. at belly button. Never had any pain, never took a pain med & no evidence of scars now at week 4!
I had no drains-what are they for and how long were they in?
I feel very lucky after reading a lot of he comments from others.
I just began normal foods and so far no issues!

I had single incision January 2017 with Dr Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics. I did have a JP drain. Healing of the incision and drain site were very fast. Minimal pain at the incision site. My primary physician saw me 5 days later and was amazed at how small the incision is. Single incision is also laparoscopic. The belly button scar isn't noticeable. Ask for a stitch to close the drain site. They just bandaged mine and there is a small scar there. Fading well. I do recommend single incision. It was an extra $1000.

I had single incision January 2017 with Dr Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics. I did have a JP drain. Healing of the incision and drain site were very fast. Minimal pain at the incision site. My primary physician saw me 5 days later and was amazed at how small the incision is. Single incision is also laparoscopic. The belly button scar isn't noticeable. Ask for a stitch to close the drain site. They just bandaged mine and there is a small scar there. Fading well. I do recommend single incision. It was an extra $1000.

That is very good to hear. I have my surgery (single incision) with dr Garcia at Tijuana bariatrics on Thursday! I needed some good news! I scar easily so I was worried a little about incision from the jp drain! Any tips? How is the weight loss so far?