Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eat popcorns or not after gastric bypass surgery

I had hardly times to eat popcorns since I had surgery January 9,2017

but I'm not ready for eat popcorns or I would choke I have watch my calories but I don't wanted doctor's behind back

I'm warned my mom about eat popcorn but I'm still my vows to lose more weight after my gastric bypass surgery I wouldn't tolerate my diets

I'm been waiting eat popcorns in years

3 hours ago, blondie66 said:

No popcorn

Thanks for tips

3 hours ago, shawnak911 said:

Corn is a major no in my program. I said goodbye to it before surgery. Good luck.

Thanks for remind that

I'm not a SLEEVE person. And I do eat popcorn once in awhile. I had the RNY and I was told by both my Suregon and my Nutrtionist that in time (after you get to goal weight) that there are no forbidden foods. We need to eat in MODERATION. Now I know not everyone believes this but it works for me. My stats HW 249 (this time I had lost 36#'s) SW 232 LW 117 CW 125#'s. I got to my goal in 6 months. I have maintained my weight for 3 years. It works for me but like I said everyone needs to follow your Dr's guidelines. Have a great day

Wow you are lucky i have very stubborn weight and would puff up if i ate anything in moderation. I believe the most of us here suffer from difficult weight loss. Good luck with your journey!

I said goodbye to food that has no nutritional value. If it doesn't have Protein, or has too many carbs, or is just an empty food, I'm not eating it. Learning to only fill my body with healthy food is part of my lifestyle change. I certainly don't believe in anything in moderation. That's not a healthy lifestyle. So, yes that means that I'm not eating a Twix ever again. For what? Everyone is different. But I didn't fight for over two years to get this surgery to turn around and go right back to the foods and habits that got me to being overweight in the first place. When I want something sweet I will get something or make something with substitutions. There are sooooo many recipes out there now that can both provide the sweet and healthy. I'm in this for the long haul. We don't need to eat in moderation. We need to eat healthy. But that's just me.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:14 PM, GBLady41 said:

I said goodbye to food that has no nutritional value. If it doesn't have Protein, or has too many carbs, or is just an empty food, I'm not eating it. Learning to only fill my body with healthy food is part of my lifestyle change. I certainly don't believe in anything in moderation. That's not a healthy lifestyle. So, yes that means that I'm not eating a Twix ever again. For what? Everyone is different. But I didn't fight for over two years to get this surgery to turn around and go right back to the foods and habits that got me to being overweight in the first place. When I want something sweet I will get something or make something with substitutions. There are sooooo many recipes out there now that can both provide the sweet and healthy. I'm in this for the long haul. We don't need to eat in moderation. We need to eat healthy. But that's just me.

Pretty much. Well-done.

mfw people think they can eat moderate amounts of nutritionless crap and expect to lose weight because it's not as much nutritionless crap as they used to eat. And they wonder why so many fail with WLS.