Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't drink Protein, HELP!

I use Syntrax Nectar, it mixes with Water. (I'm in pre-op/phase)...surgery shortly. Anyway, tried many others, and I was so grateful to find this. Like it so much better than the other ones. This is more like a juice/than shake. Hope I can still drink it okay after surgery!

I had to buy the Isopure "juice" red, blue, green, orange and purple. 40g Protein. I couldn't hold any other kind of thing down!!! Purple tastes like grape kool-aid!

Does this have the protein after taste? Are they overly sweet?

I am 6 days post-op and I am struggling BIG TIME. My doc wants me getting 60g of Protein every day and a total of 64oz of liquid every day. I've slowly been better with Water, Gatorade, but still no where near the 64oz. My main concern though is Protein. Any type of Protein Drink I can't keep down (i throw it up). I've tried different kinds of premade shakes, Isopure ready to drink, protein Water. One sip of any of those and I feel SO sick. The only thing I've found that I keep down that contains protein is a small amount of skim milk or kefir.
What can i do?!?!

I am having a difficult time tolerating protein as well. Before surgery (gastric bypass 7 days ago) I was easily drinking Premier Protein and Isopure. After surgery, I had trouble tolerating the protein Jello in the hospital and anything I mixed my Unjury powder with. I had a constant bad taste in my mouth, a coating on my teeth and tongue, and when I burped it left a rotten taste. I also experienced dumping. Turns out I can no longer tolerate the whey protein. Dr. told me to switch to soy protein. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to use the unflavored soy and not have to deal with the taste.

Has anyone found any good Gummy vits? I have a hard time with these chalky ones.

gummies generally aren't digested well. Look for chews or powders.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches