Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My nutritionist told me eating sugar free Jello & pudding helps with that hungry feeling. Also, yogurt & Fat Free or 1% milk with Protein. Also, sugar free popsicles , cut them up in cubes & chew them.

When I went through liquids only fat free cream of chicken with protein helped me with hunger since it's savory. I got tired of the sweet stuff.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 180.8
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

I know it's hard, but be sure to get your Protein in.... they say at least 60 grams, but I get 100 grams a day.

The great part of the protein is that it will help fill you up if you are hungry.

Since you can have the strained Soups, one really good way to get a satisfying fullness is by adding some unflavored Protein Powder to a creamed, strained Soup such as cream of celery soup. And of course you already know about the protein shakes... they are really important.

My doctor says no Jello, yogurt or pudding.....i can only have Protein shakes, crystal light, broth, sugar free popsicles and Soups that go through a strainer

Oh wow! I'm glad my post-op Clear  liquids wasn't as restrictive as yours. Sorry to hear that. You can chew on sugar free popsickes ice cubes & while you make it yourself add beneprotein. You need to hit your Protein goals so you don't starve. Get creative with the Soups, there are protein soups from Optifast & unjury.

Height: 5'0"

Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.

Surgery date: 2/13/17

Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).

Current weight: 180.8

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

If you're hungry, have some more Protein. The recommendation of the strained cream Soup with the unflavored protein powder was an excellent one. I relied on that big time during the full liquid stage post-op. I know the liquid phase is not fun, but it is crucial to getting healing and getting yourself on the right path.

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, New Me 31317 said:

When i tried to add unflavored unjury to Soup, it clumped up and totally turned me off...

Cook and strain the Soup and then let it chill in the refrigerator. When it is cold, then mix the Protein powder in completely, and then heat it in the microwave to make it lukewarm. You can't mix the protein powder in when it is hot, and then you can't heat it up to much when you put the powder in the cold soup. That is just part of it...

My plan called for strained cream Soups (e.g., cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, etc.).

Why are you on liquids for 2 weeks post op.?
On 7 day post op I was started on puree
With no problems and 3 more days I will be started on soft foods which will be 14 days post op.

Just now, arringtonc49 said:

Why are you on liquids for 2 weeks post op.?
On 7 day post op I was started on puree
With no problems and 3 more days I will be started on soft foods which will be 14 days post op.

Everyone's plan is different. I was on liquids for 3 weeks post-op.

My recommendation is that you start looking at food as fuel, and do whatever you have to do to meet your Protein goals. I'm not saying that you cannot stay within the parameters of your plan and healthy eating and enjoy what you eat in the long run, but right now, you just need to get the protein in.

This journey is not easy.