Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 hours ago, musicgirl said:

I finally got approved for run! Now I'm dealing with the office staff...uggg!

I've been wondering! Thanks for the update. Although I'm only 3.5 weeks out I can tell you that all of the aggravation will be worth it. Let me know when you get your surgery date.

So great to hear! I was just thinking about you last night and wondering if you'd conquered the bureaucratic jungle in the office! Feel free to DM me on here if I can be of help. It is all so worth it. I'm 5 weeks out today and down 32.2 pounds. I find one of the best parts is that this is unlike a "diet" where I would consciously decide to take a day off or rationalize a bad choice. Although it might change over time, at this point the sleeve is in charge me I'm happy to comply. We ate out for the first time this weekend. There was no joy in it and that was actually a relief. Let me know how it's going!

Good question. I typically like to be totally left alone when I'm not feeling well. However, I did appreciate, over the first days, my husband being attentive to remind me I needed to try to eat, etc. and offering to bring me liquids, etc. I was glad I didn't have any real responsibilities over the next two weeks as I found myself needing to nap. I did go into work a couple of evenings for an hour or two and four days post-op felt fine to drive to Meijers so I could get a good walk in. I'm 58 and my kids are raised so I really didn't have to worry about household tasks, etc. I did find I needed encouragement as the first few days I was seriously wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was home alone the day after I got home. I had pre-purchased yogurts and lots of sugar free popsicles. Those were my go to items.

Ok, that's encouraging. I was trying to gage whether or not to have my husband stay home a couple of days with me. I'm turning 60 on the 27th, so I might need him to remind me to drink my Water [emoji38]

I am in the Youngstown area. I see my nutritionist for my second appointment tomorrow. I have gotten all of my requirements out of the wau except for seeing the nutritionist for 6 months. However i may have an issue with insurance being active when it comes time that i could have surgery. My husband was laid ofd in January and unless he is called back (doesnt look like he will be) then we will only have insurance till the end of september.

On 3/20/2017 at 1:09 PM, LeaninLanc said:

I'm 14 days post-VSG living in the greater Columbus area. I used Mt. Carmel West. Are you interested in sharing your general location or hospital?
If not, totally understand.

I am going through Mt. Carmel West, too. Did you have a good experience?

Good for you! Yes I had a positive experience with my only frustration in terms of the office and processing thru insurance. If you read back thru this thread I mentioned some of that frustration. I asked a lot of questions about timeline, etc. I also set up all of my own consults ( even though the office offered to do so) as I knew they might take some time. Surgery and hospital stay were flawless. Not sure which Dr you are using but Dr Miller requires only one day of pre-op diet. Feel free to DM me.