Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegan or Vegetarian RNY Mentor

Hi there! Scheduled for revision from sleeve to RNY due to severe GERD. I've been vegan since October 16. I absolutely love plant based diet. Currently using Raw Fit Protein which is a vegan Protein Powder. It has 28 grams of protein and taste great. Looking to connect with a mentor or mentors that follow a plant based diet. Totally fine connecting with those that aren't as well.

Hi , I am scheduled for May 30 th for a revision from sleeve to possibly RNY , and I am a vegetarian . Have been for about 5 years . I do eat fish , almond milk, cheese, eggs. So I'm not Vegan . But I do not consume chicken , pork, beef etc. when is your surgery scheduled for? Where are you from?

Hi, I'm about 1.5 years out from RNY and follow a "plant-centric" diet (mostly vegan, but with occasionally dairy, chicken, or fish). It's hard to find other RNY-res who Are open to this way of eating; in my local support group I pretty much have learned just to keep my mouth shut, lol. Since this is a "buddy/mentor" site, does this mean either or both of you are open to chatting with other plant-based eaters?!

Can't believe I just saw this, sorry! I got RNY in February, been vegan for 14 years. So happy to see another vegan on here!

Well let's chat then! I'll try to check in more regularly if you will do the same!

one thing I've always wanted to do is to have a veg*an "what did you eat today" ongoing post. When I've tried to join in the "what did you eat today running post, everyone starts harping on me "not eating enough protein" (protein=meat in most people's minds).

Any of y'all game to start that here?

Great idea! I had avocado rolls for breakfast/lunch and going to have vegan general tso's for dinner. Yum!

Awesome, good luck @blev! Let us know how it goes. :)

Today I had a piece of homemade gluten free pizza, some buffalo tofu, and some of a Chipotle sofritas bowl. A very salty day indeed! (glugs water)

So glad ya'll are posting, because I really need to get motivated to get back on track! Yesterday I ate good stuff during the day (bean "tostada," orange, salad, etc) but got into the junk food in the evening... and this has started becoming a habit. I'm up 5 lbs and need to nip it in the bud!

I am beginning to see a pattern that when I drink wine, especially alone, I eat more junk food. So I'm gonna cut back on the wine (all 2 oz a day of it, lol). Hopefully that will reduce my straying into junk food at night.

So far today I've had my coffee and some crackers. I'm about to eat Breakfast and am having a salad with chickpeas, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds so it should be yummy.

Oops, just realized I haven't stopped drinking the coffee for 30 mins yet. So easy to forget the basics, isn't it?? Posting here has already helped!

Edited by talking mountain

Awesome, good luck [mention=311505]blev[/mention]! Let us know how it goes. [emoji4]
Today I had a piece of homemade gluten free pizza, some buffalo tofu, and some of a Chipotle sofritas bowl. A very salty day indeed! (glugs water)

Thanks@fruitandveggies, I will definitely keep you posted I put a reminder on my phone

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone... I am at saladworks for lunch , having a salad with carrots, Beans, egg, cheese and a whole wheat roll. I find it's a great place to eat when you're on the run , they have vegan/vegetarian Soups too . Hope you're all doing well . I love to hear about what everyone is eating . Gives me great ideas.

On 5/22/2017 at 1:13 PM, blev said:

Way to go vegans I am having bypass surgery on May 25th - was a vegetarian off and on and really looking at options - I will be following this chat group

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope your surgery is going well!

Just met with my Programs's wonderful nutritionist because I've gotten into a habit of snacking snacking snacking all evening! Put on 5 lbs so fast!

After we looked at my eating patterns, she showed me that I'd gotten into the habit of skipping supper, or just having a "snack" for supper because I wasn't "feeling hungry" at supper time. However that's led to snacking more all evening, probably because of a low-grade hunger. .

So right now I am treating myself to a "real" supper -- ruby tuesdays bourbon salmon with mashed potatoes and broccoli (lemon, no oil) Already caught myself sipping tea while I was waiting on the food, so that's another "back to basics" habit I need to focus on.