Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone revised from sleeve to bypass

Sleeved 4/14/14 did well with my sleeve. Severe GERD meds not providing relief. Scheduled to be revised to RNY 4/11. Just looking to hear from others that's had a revision. Very worried about extreme pain after surgery and how different will life be with the bypass in comparison to my sleeve.

I am getting revised from the sleeve 4/20. Severe gerd and esophageal dismotility. I have been wondering the same thing. Did your doctor give you any idea on weight loss? I know it will be slower, I kinda just want to loose the bit I have put on because of the limitation on what I can eat.

I was initially looking into DS but feel that RNY may be a safer procedure for me. Sort of kicking myself for not going with it in the first place. I think my sleeve did right by me but I failed it. I lost 60 lbs now the first 2 years then an additional 20 about 5 years out. I think I fell victim to the "I'm good now so I can eat what I want" syndrome. I am now up 50lbs and need help getting back down. I'm in the research phase and haven't made any decisions just yet. Good luck with your surgeries, looking forward to hearing your experience!

I was sleeved in 2011.Severe gerd. Had revision to bypass 2016.No regrets.Wish I had the bypass to begin with.My Hiatal Hernia hernia failed too,so they repaired it at the same time.

My surgeon said patients average about 50% of their excess weight with the revision and most times at a slower pace. The 50% is an average could be less or higher but definitely the best option for severe GERD.

I HEAR A LOT of revision patients say they wish they had done it initially. They feel better than ever most have had no more issues with GERD and doing great weight loss wise.

I have just been approved by insurance to revise my sleeve to rny. I'm waiting for my surgery date. I also have gerd and have gained back 40 lbs of my 155 lost since 3/2015. I'm hoping to get to 135, so if anyone has had this or knows what the approximate loss after revision, I would greatly appreciate it! Prayers for all of you!

Jmf

You will lose more weight..It will be slower.I have lost 42 lbs in 5 months.Still losing.Don't forget to exercise too. 30 minute walk to start and more later.I recently joined a gym so trying to stay motivated to working out regular.