Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HIV+ does anyone take Triumeq

I know this post is old but I am about to get gastric sleeve on May 10 and I am also HIV positive. I actually didnt find out until I got sick with PCP and not only found out I was positive but I had already progressed to AIDS. Weeks before my 30th birthday. Dont feel ashamed I know its hard theres stigma and such but only god can judge us! I am a licensed psychotherapist in the state of Texas so I was able to deal with the issues by getting myself into counseling (counselors sometimes need counselors just like anyone else) and am not worried because Triumeq has brought me back to being Undetectable and my CD4 went from 99 to 749 in 2 years. So I wanted to know if you actually crushed Triumeq because from what I understand the one a pill a day meds that have 3 different medications and are time released for the 24 hours cannot and should not be crushed. Did you get a clear answer and if you did can you please let me know it and how it worked out for you please?

keep ya head up!

Phil

I just want to say there is NO SHAME in being HIV+. [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171] Please do not feel any embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the support guys I really appreciated 🤗,with my family and friends I can't really talk about my status because as soon as I say something they start crying. I appreciate they love me but I need them to act normal lol. Ok but back to my surgery I called my Dr that's going to do the sleeve and they said no solid pills for 2 weeks to crush them after you could take regular pills. My HIV provider called me and said is safe to be off medication around 2 days and it was safe to crush but as soon as I was able to swallow pills to start taking them regular. I was so nervous and Google in every thing lol. But finally got my questions answer.

Yes, its true you cant take big oills right away they say, but right after surgery my nurses just used a pill cutter and cut my pills so theycwere the isze of a tic tac. Instead of 2 pills i was taking 8 little pieces.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, positivedudegettingsleeve said:

I know this post is old but I am about to get gastric sleeve on May 10 and I am also HIV positive. I actually didnt find out until I got sick with PCP and not only found out I was positive but I had already progressed to AIDS. Weeks before my 30th birthday. Dont feel ashamed I know its hard theres stigma and such but only god can judge us! I am a licensed psychotherapist in the state of Texas so I was able to deal with the issues by getting myself into counseling (counselors sometimes need counselors just like anyone else) and am not worried because Triumeq has brought me back to being Undetectable and my CD4 went from 99 to 749 in 2 years. So I wanted to know if you actually crushed Triumeq because from what I understand the one a pill a day meds that have 3 different medications and are time released for the 24 hours cannot and should not be crushed. Did you get a clear answer and if you did can you please let me know it and how it worked out for you please?

keep ya head up!

Phil

Phil good afternoon, I actually did get my answer, My PCP told me I could be off medication for around 2 days and to start taking it right away. About the crushing they don't really recommend it because there has not been a study about crushing pills. I am so glad to hear your doing well and you have your CD4 up is just hard because I don't know who to talk to without being judge or people feeling sorry. But am glad to hear that theirs someone out their going thru the same issue as me (Finding_Stacy you were right) Well Phil if there’s any info I could give you or help you with let me know. I been on a liquid only diet since Sunday OMG am starving lol am finally getting my surgery tomorrow!!!! 4/13/2017 I will keep everyone updated.

Today's your day Anthony!!! Hope all is well for you!

Hello everyone so I got my Surgery April 13, everything went good the Doctor said I had a big stomach. So my surgery took 4 hours I stood in the hospital for 2 days I wanted to make sure I didn't have any complications. I started taken my Triumeq the second day of my surgery but cut in 4 pieces. Today Easter Sunday I took the whole pill and it went down good, I been walking alot, drinking Water from a baby cup, sipping on my protien shakes. Everything's been good so far am looking for coward for the upcoming days.

Thank you everyone, everything is coming along good on my shakes for 2 weeks I started drinking chicken broth because I was feeling week. Today 4/19/2017 am back at work and so far so good.

Hey Anthony - that's great news. I just wanted to let you know that my soon-to-be-ex husband was HIV+, and with the proper medication, he was healthier than I am (he's a normal'ish weight). You got this mate - looks like it's all on the up and up for you now - kudos!

Humbled by your honesty. Hugs and prayers :)