Anyone not wanting to read a rant, exit now. I'm pissed. I've had to go through the motions for five months now for my six month waiting period before I can have surgery, which is scheduled for April 17th. I'm pissed because everything I learned from the nutritionist, I had learned before on the million other diets I've tried and the forums I've read. She told me that most people, at the end, say that they are so happy that they had this time to learn and prepare. I'm not. I'm just pissed that I had to wait. My mother did not have to wait for six months before her breast cancer surgery so she could learn to live with breast cancer. My niece did not have to wait for six months before receiving insulin so she could learn how to live with Type 1 Diabetes. Why the hell do we have to wait? It feels punitive. Like saying "hey fatasses, you get to wait and be fatasses some more! Why? Because we feel like it!!!" I went to see my shrink because of all of the anger I was feeling and that one mental health counseling session accomplished more than any meeting with the nutritionist. I'm headed to the nutritionist now to hear other stuff that I've already read about or already know. My lunch hour wasted. I'm almost to the point of throwing my hands up and saying F%*K it.